• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

Prairies should elect more Liberals if they want voices heard

This is an interesting position for a Liberal minister to voice.
I’m not certain it helps lessen the frustration and or anger the western provinces have with the Liberal government.
Certainly not a position that a government focused on governing for the good of the country and nation should have, but here we are.

Well that's regionalism for you. God damn this country could be so great!

There is no indication he will do so. Journalists I listen to are saying their sources are telling them is Trudeau wants to beat Poilievre like a rented mule in the next election and he knows he can do it.
I don't think his ego will allow him to step down voluntarily.

He could very well beat Poliviere. Team Trudeau is very good at campaigning. They have three election wins under their belt to Poliviere's CPC with nothing in the win column and being a rookie-led team.

The downside is that Team Trudeau sucks at governing now and probably will continue to do so should they win again.

A number of things to consider. You need to have the right capacity heat pump for the climate, you can get heat pumps for -40 so I been told. To get a heat pump installed you may need a panel upgrade if you have an older panel. Many insurance companies require a secondary heat source. Heat pumps are also AC units and most people run their AC in the summer where they normally wouldn't thus burning more electricity. This is a great benefit for people but not cut and dry by any means.
My understanding is for heat pumps to be more effective they must be drilled deeper which adds to the costs. There is negatives to them such as they have had issues with them failing deep in the ground and poisoning aquifers.

The next scheduled Federal Election is scheduled for 2025, unless the NDP refuses to support the LPC. With two years remaining, it is still anyone's guess who will form the next government.

I think that most voters are hoping for PM Trudeau to take a long walk at night, like his father, to ponder about his future and handover the reins to the next generation. His "solutions" are failing and hurting people, the party lacks innovative ideas or thinking to combat the ills hurting the country, and their policies are driving the country into economic ruin.

"Failing" I would say Trudeau's solutions achieving exactly what they are designed for. That they don't help people and Canada is very much beside the point and never part of the program in tbe first place. I still find it unbelieve people don't understand this.

We are to be first post nation state. Just place on the map, people ruled by technocrats and their betters.

He could very well beat Poliviere. Team Trudeau is very good at campaigning.

Trudeau will make life miserable and desperate for millions of Canadians then dangle guaranteed income in front of them.

If Trudeau wins he does his usual drag his feet and broken promises. If he looses then Poilievere has to clean up the mess.

Trudeau will make life miserable and desperate for millions of Canadians then dangle guaranteed income in front of them.

If Trudeau wins he does his usual drag his feet and broken promises. If he looses then Poilievere has to clean up the mess.
Exactly,....not sure winning the next election would actually be a win for the Tories.

Exactly,....not sure winning the next election would actually be a win for the Tories.

I have said this on here a few times. It might be worth it to let the Libs/NDP run it one more time. That would probably burry them for generation or more, and make the public more understanding for the pain it will take to clean up the mess.

I have said this on here a few times. It might be worth it to let the Libs/NDP run it one more time. That would probably burry them for generation or more, and make the public more understanding for the pain it will take to clean up the mess.
But the damage will done. Once the Basic Income, carbon tax, control of internet and media etc are in place there is no going back.

I don’t know. if PP loses he’s done and the CPC will struggle to find another leader that would step up. And the party might eat itself trying to. The CPC have all the ingredients they need right now to win (mind you they did have the ingredients before and spoiled it).

Losing now (as in the next election) will force the LPC to rethink its direction. Winning just means they’ll double down.

I don’t know. if PP loses he’s done and the CPC will struggle to find another leader that would step up. And the party might eat itself trying to. The CPC have all the ingredients they need right now to win (mind you they did have the ingredients before and spoiled it).

Losing now (as in the next election) will force the LPC to rethink its direction. Winning just means they’ll double down.

Agreed, with PP at the helm it means the CPC is in it to win it.

I always thought Scheer and O'Toole were sacrificial leaders who weren't intended to win.

Agreed, with PP at the helm it means the CPC is in it to win it.

I always thought Scheer and O'Toole were sacrificial leaders who weren't intended to win.
Scheer was, likely. O’Toole I think was an attempt to win but his campaign was outclassed and his flip flopping didn’t help. Scandal plagued government in an unwanted and not needed election should have been a recipe for victory.

Scheer was, likely. O’Toole I think was an attempt to win but his campaign was outclassed and his flip flopping didn’t help. Scandal plagued government in an unwanted and not needed election should have been a recipe for victory.

Mabey. I dunno, I like O'Toole; but he never struck me as PM material. I found he really lacked charisma.

My understanding is for heat pumps to be more effective they must be drilled deeper which adds to the costs. There is negatives to them such as they have had issues with them failing deep in the ground and poisoning aquifers.
OK, that deals with ground source HPs, what about airto air and others>

Yeah I think O’Toole was on track to win until the Liberals found their footing and O’Toole started flip-flopping. All the Liberals had to do was drag out the old “scary Tory” memes and O’Toole flip flopping sealed it. I still think with a little more seasoning he would be ready.

Poilievre’s team will need to remember that while Trudeau and the Liberals are shitty governors, they are master campaigners. That’s what Trudeau lives for. While the Liberals are well behind in the polls now, Poilievre is still personally unpopular. The Liberals will attempt to exploit that.

Trudeau pandering to Maritime voters. What a despicable government.

sask not playing games with it.

All provinces should be doing the same. Shut this fool down already.

Jagmeats in question period had the audacity to attack the liberals for not applying the home heating tax cut equally across the entire country. What a joke of a government.

Jagmeats in question period had the audacity to attack the liberals for not applying the home heating tax cut equally across the entire country ...
If only there was something he could do to make the government do his bidding at the risk of letting it fall at some point, right?

Jagmeats in question period had the audacity to attack the liberals for not applying the home heating tax cut equally across the entire country. What a joke of a government.

You know he is in trouble when Rachel Notley and Danielle Smith are both singing from the same hymn book, as are Scott Moe and Carla Beck.

Reactions: KJK
Back