• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for a Reference on Anti Armour in a Mounted Context

At which point I am compelled to ask tangentially: 'Whatever happened to the ever elusive Eryx (a.k.a. The Baby Milan)?'
Qualified Eryx gunner here. The Eryx wasn‘t perfect - the 600 meter wire was probably too short, especially when compared to the 2km wire on the Milan. Eryx worked fine in close terrain, but it was troublesome to site in open terrain.

But Eryx was certainly better than what we replaced it with (harsh language).

Qualified Eryx gunner here. The Eryx wasn‘t perfect - the 600 meter wire was probably too short, especially when compared to the 2km wire on the Milan. Eryx worked fine in close terrain, but it was troublesome to site in open terrain.

But Eryx was certainly better than what we replaced it with (harsh language).
You mean it was replaced with what we had before: nothing. Right? ;)

A Stand-off PGM capability should be acquired by Tactical Aviation. A Carl Gustav or M72 (unguided) are great but it's starting to get pretty dangerous by that point isn't it?

A Stand-off PGM capability should be acquired by Tactical Aviation. A Carl Gustav or M72 (unguided) are great but it's starting to get pretty dangerous by that point isn't it?

I think the point of the thread is about the doctrinal underpinnings for hand-held anti-tank weapons in a Recce Sqn. There are all sorts of weapon systems out there that could be in support a Recce Sqn for AT duties, but you can't always count on those.

I think the point of the thread is about the doctrinal underpinnings for hand-held anti-tank weapons in a Recce Sqn. There are all sorts of weapon systems out there that could be in support a Recce Sqn for AT duties, but you can't always count on those.

FWIW.... it looks like those Yankee Bullies even made him use the American Spelling for 'Armoured'. The nerve....

A PROPOSED DOCTRINE BASED STRUCTURE OF THE ARMORED RECONNAISSANCE SQUADRON

A thesis presented to the Faculty of the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree MASTER OF MILITARY ART AND SCIENCE General Studies by JOSEPH ANDRECHEK, MAJOR, CANADIAN ARMY B.Sc. University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick, 2001

The fact that it was written entirely in English (as opposed to a combination of English, French, and whatever unique local dialects I've heard) really surprised me! Have to give credit where credit is due :sneaky:

Back