• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MK III Combat boots sole replacements

Supposedly they re-engineered the soles on the goretex boots to make them less slipper. Anyone know how to tell the difference between the new and the old? I got a new pair of boots today, the soles look a little different then the old soles, but the box says the order date was 2000? Or perhaps my old boots had the new soles?

The new soles have not come into the system yet. That program is awaiting funding.

Strange, because I could swear there's a difference between my new boots and my old boots, the old boots had flat lugs under the toe, the new boots have angled lugs. Maybe I'm crazy, maybe the old boots were the same.

I'm suprised that they're not just issuing these:
www.yaktrax.ca
It's a pretty cheap (probably $15.00cdn. when bought in mass quantities) solution to the vibram sole slipping on ice.   I'm sure that for a bulk order of several thousand, the company would be willing to make a version that was without the company logo on the strap.

Matt_Fisher said:
I'm suprised that they're not just issuing these:
www.yaktrax.ca
It's a pretty cheap (probably $15.00cdn. when bought in mass quantities) solution to the vibram sole slipping on ice.   I'm sure that for a bulk order of several thousand, the company would be willing to make a version that was without the company logo on the strap.

You're surprised?  But that's a good idea, why should it surprise you that it isn't happening.  ::)

Honestly, I am surprised that no-one has thought of these before now.  Well, I guess they have, but they were just too big and unweildy.  I am going to one of the stores this afternoon, after work, and I will check on how sturdy they seem to be.  I am not sure about how robust the strapping would be, but even if everyone had to get a new pair issued every year, it would still be cheaper in the long run than dealing with all the slip-and-falls that happen.

Quentin

Simply put, they don't fit onto the sole of the Goretex boot all that well (at least with the larger boots) I know this because I've tried it. I'm surprised I didn't break the Yaktrax stretching them onto the boots.

Big Foot said:
Simply put, they don't fit onto the sole of the Goretex boot all that well (at least with the larger boots) I know this because I've tried it. I'm surprised I didn't break the Yaktrax stretching them onto the boots.

What size Yaktrax were you using on what size boots? 

Not to many SM's that I know would allow for the warring of those on the boots. You may want to check before you spent your money.

TR said:
Not to many SM's that I know would allow for the warring of those on the boots. You may want to check before you spent your money.

If you think a set of yaktrax looks unmilitary, don't you think that a tag-along of soldiers on crutches hobbling behind a formation, because they're a bunch of broke-dicks because they slipped on ice while wearing their cold/wet weather boots?

TR said:

I have a pair and it's never been an issue. Mind you I'm not wearing them on parade or anything..just walking around. No ones even noticed not even walking around downtown Ottawa.

Cheers

Back