• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

I was ready to take either of two answers (M6-2000 or MBT 120S) and you got both.  The 120S is a unique product that integrates the M1A1 120-mm turret onto a fully modernized M60 chassis.  Apparently, so much is new that GDLS likes to avoid the M-60 designation.

Well, this thread seems a bit dead  :D  So I'll post another one, I apologize if I've broken any rules of etiquette.

Richie

You got it! The Polish/Italian AB-41 Armored Car. Used for training by the Carpathian Lancers in Egypt from June 1942.

Part Polish, part Italian: <a href="http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/pol/OtherPolish.htm">Link</a>

You guys are too fast, I'm gonna have to dig deeper next time  ;D

Got me, they don't even look like the same tanks. Looks like a different chassis and different turret (e.g. location of grenade launchers, general shape of turret).  ???

JGSDF Type 74?

And no folks, I don't own a copy of Jane's Tanks and Armoured Vehicles as someone else suggested in chat once.  ::)

I'm going to go with Leopard 1 and 1A, if my brief AFV Rec class taught me anything  ;D

Bzzliteyr said:
MBT-70...
That's it.  MBT-70/KPz-70 was a joint US & Germany venture, from '67 to '72, to develop the next main battle tank.  It boasted a 152 mm gun/launcher, all crew in the turret & adjustable suspension hight. 

& yes, one of them is specifically XM-803.  Cannot confirm the other though.

I can dig out my HUGE M1 and devleopment book and find out.. if you'd like.. that's the scary part on that one.. I knew it without having to search.

Back