• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

ironduke57

Shortened M24 chassis, probably ued as a gun tower, ARV, or mortar carrier.

Cheers,

tango22a

Judging by the flashing light and the horns up front, it's either a bridge layer sans bridge or some rather low slung BARV for pushing Landing craft.

Crazy thought!  ;D

It does look a bit like a M41 Walker Bulldog chassis, with a roadwheel removed and forward wheel moved back.

M41-walker-bulldog-tank.jpg

?!

I can't find any info on variants without superstructures, but the tank has been sold to many, many countries.

Or M24 Chaffee based utility vehicle?

T9?

vG

Sorry, but I have tried to google any and all combinations of M41 Walker Bulldog, rebuilt, four roadwheels, shortened, moved idler, hatchet job and cosmetic-surgey-gone-bad...

Nothing.

Either my google skills are lacking, or your tank/thingie is very scarce on teh nets.

vG

@vG The pic is from the net.
@Blackadder1916 Didn´t you learn in school that such question are not answered by the teacher?  :P ;D

Well okay I am nice today. It is german.

Regards,
ironduke57 ;)

After more frantic googling I still don't know what AFV it is, but I do know how to change the light bulb in a Kodak slide projector...

Trying to analyze the picture I see:

Rotating warning light

Something that looks like concrete runway slabs

Could this devious contraption be some sort of firefighting engine for air force bases?

It still doesn't explain why someone would want  to move the idler back and remove a roadwheel...

vG

There's something called a QM41 (US I think) that's a remotely controlled target, which could explain the rotating warning light?

Also:

T6 - Light recovery vehicle with A-frame crane based on M41 hull

T18 - Armoured utility vehicle

While you have stated that it is a German and not a US vehicle, the thing might be related to one of these projects afterall.

(not high hopes though)

vG

vG...
Remember that Ironduke has indicated that it uses some (but not all) parts from the M41 but it is NOT an M41.  So it is NOT a case of shortening an M41 chassis & removing roadwheels ... you can google M41 all you want, it won't hit paydirt following that route...

Per the Duke's hint... it's a German tracked vehicle.... but "what" is it ?

firefighting ? - No.
QM41 ? - No.
T6 ? - No.
T18 ? - No.
Modified M41 chassis? - Yes.

Hint: It had 1800hp.

Regards,
ironduke57

"m41 tank 1800hp" in google gives this:

M41_2.JPG

;D

Hmm, 1800HP, either it's for towing something or it's for tractor pulling.

Tractor pulling would be cool...

;D

vG

Back