• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

What have we here (exact!)? ;)
400_3736343334313063.jpg

Regards,
ironduke57

Hmmm....

OK, not any one of these....

M1A2
M1SEP
M1A1D
XM-1

Sure doesn't look like a TUSK version either.

I'm stumped.

Regards

USMC M1A1 with the experimental "add on armour" panels welded to the front of the turret (can't remember the designation).  Time-wise, this was after they removed the retaining ring from the drive sprocket (an experiment to attempt to reduce thrown tracks), but before the rear side skirt was cut to a larger opening than initally used (solving the thrown track through mud buildup problem).  It is fitted with a Hoffman system and kill light, the commander's .50 equipped for blank firing but it does not yet have all its MILES sensors on.  Suspect that its fording kit (Marine M1s were deep fordable) is in the clag on top of the turret behind the CC.

No and no. It is an experimental vehicle (AFAIK).
Hint´s: It has a crew of 5. It is unarmed (Only dummy weapon´s.). The only external identification mark is visible on that pic.

Regards,
ironduke57  :pop:

M1A1 KVT... That is the only thing I can find. I'm done. Going to the gym now.

Regards,
TN2IC

From your description in the hints I would presume it to be some kind of "CCC" veh.  Most likely a Troop Comds veh or something similar (going from the size and number of antennas and a crew of 5) however I cannot find any ref to one anywhere including Janes on-line.

Back