• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Looks like a WWI Simplex Armoured petrol locomotive, except for the extra tower that kind of baffles me.

Am I hot?

The "tower" is actually a Ferret turret. These things must have been bloody hot in 30+C

Here is the one at the Police Museum

IMG_1671.jpg

Hurricane, the floor is yours  :salute:

The ULTRA armored patrol vehicle is a research project funded by the Office of Naval Research and conducted by the Georgia Tech Research Institute. The project's goal was to develop a concept vehicle that illustrates design and technology options for increased survivability and mobility for future vehicles.

From an old reply in this thread. You should do a search first to see if the vehicle has been covered, there are thousands of replies in this thread and there is a chance it might have been.

Blackadder1916 said:
Kugelpanzer.  It's in the Kubinka Tank Museum.

(Edited to add link.)

http://strangevehicles.greyfalcon.us/KRUPP%20KUGELPANZER.htm

I'm not sure.  At first I was thinking a soviet tank, but I'm not too sure about that.

Just guessing....looks like a prototype for a Leopard 1A5 with a 120mm main gun and an autoloader. Line drawing only shows 2 crew positions in hull with sighting position for co-driver.

An interesting experiment. Turret seems to be a form of remote weapons system.

tango22a

edited for clarity and spelling

There was no Protoype for it nor do I know its name if it ever had one.
Its not related to Leo1.
Autoloader -> Yes.
Remote Turret? -> Yes.

Two more drawings:

Regards,
ironduke57

Back