• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

BernDawg,
You got the important details, the floor is yours.

The German Treffas-Wagen produced by Bremen Hansa-Lloyd Works in 1917, which had huge wheels, heavy guns, weighed 18 tons, and needed a crew of four to operate.

Wow that took a long time...... (insert sarcasm smiley here)
The floor, kind sir, is yours.

Thank you, BernDawg! I love a good mystery!  ;D

Let's try this one. If you can give me the make of tank that's great, if you can give me the conflict that this particular vehicle was involved in, even better!

Vickers-Armstrong Six-ton tank (or possibly a captured Soviet T-26, it's from the same design) in Finnish service either during the Winter War or more likely during the Continuation War.

Blackadder1916 said:
Vickers-Armstrong Six-ton tank (or possibly a captured Soviet T-26, it's from the same design) in Finnish service either during the Winter War or more likely during the Continuation War.

Yep, Vickers-Armstrong Six-ton. It was used during both the 1940 invasion of Finland and the Continuation War. Finland bought thirty of these tanks but only about ten were ready when the Red Army attacked.

You have the floor!

ArmyRick said:
Black Knight armed robotic vehicle
That is correct.

This "Unmanned Combat Vehicle," being developed for the US Army by BAE Systems, is actually just a 9.5 ton robot tank.  Well, it's not exactly a tank ... the thing isn't even the size of Bradley Fighting Vehicle, let alone an Abrams and the 30 mm cannon is apparently not even real (yet).  However, it is unmanned. It's controlled  by a guy inside a Bradley but also has the ability to operate on it's own for navigation (but how well it does this I don't know).  It also use many Bradley components.

You are up.

Another easy one to get things rolling again.  You have to get both of these:

Sherman and an M47, forrunner to M48 Patton?.
                          Regards

time expired said:
Sherman and an M47, forrunner to M48 Patton?.
                          Regards
No.  Still just as close.

Back