• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NCM Subsidized Education Plan (NCM SEP)

Would you mind posting which programs are available at Algonquin College?

If so, thank you very much.

Nickx89 said:
Would you mind posting which programs are available at Algonquin College?

If so, thank you very much.
Otis already did, just a little bit further up the page. Attention to detail is also highly prized within Her Majesty's Canadian Armed Forces.

Otis said:
I JUST finished updating the approved NCM-SEP course list last week, based on the March 2010 NCM SEP occupations list produced by CFRG (For anyone else who wants to know, Algonquin College and Conestoga have been added as approved programs for LCIS and ATIS) and if I were smarter I'd figure out how to attach it to this post ... but I'm not, so I can't. In any case ...

gcclarke said:
Otis already did, just a little bit further up the page. Attention to detail is also highly prized within Her Majesty's Canadian Armed Forces.

I don't think that's what he asked.  He asked which NCM-SEP programs were available at Algonquin.

The answer to that would be ATIS Tech, LCIS Tech, EO Tech, NE Tech, NW Tech, Cook, Dental Assistant and Med Tech.

No problem.  Bear in mind that list is from the 2009/2010 program, so there might be a change in the new FY.  Unlikely, but possible.  The new list isn't published on the DWAN yet.

A strange scenario when I was doing medical questionnaire was that I was asked if, in the past year, I have had "tea".

I told medical officer I drink tea almost everyday. And he laughed and said, "It's a different tea."

So what does "tea" mean in the questionnaire??

Cannabis tea?  Mushroom tea?  Meth is also called crystal tea.

athlon866 said:
A strange scenario when I was doing medical questionnaire was that I was asked if, in the past year, I have had "tea".

I told medical officer I drink tea almost everyday. And he laughed and said, "It's a different tea."

If he thinks it's supposed to be a different tea, then I think he's mistaken.  There aren't supposed to be any trick questions on the medical.  If they want to know about your tea consumption, that's one thing.  If they want to know if you've been making tea from illicit substances, they should be spelling it out.

I think they were referring to cannabis tea and mushroom tea. I told them I drink green tea and red rose, and they said those are not the ones they are concerned.

Hello.
I applied at the start of march 2010 and have done my apptitude test, medical and interview and then a few months after (on July 27) I got a call was told the DOE for VEH TECH was full but they would offer me a chance at the NCM-SEP VEH TEC all I had to do was apply to the two colleges and hand in an acceptance letter which I did this past friday (Aug 6) and was told I was merit lsited for the program which is suppose to start Sept. 7.

I was just wondering if there is some kind of date on when merit lists get looked at and maybe picked or something just so I could have a better idea of a time line I have for preparing and planning because the college is a 9 hour drive one way from my current residence so I would need to find a place to live, and being able to give my current job of 6 years notice of such an event.
I also ask this because I have already informed my bosses of the situation at hand and they were not to pleased with the idea of me giving them little to no warning if I was to quite and were a little upset with me about this even though I have kept them in the loop with my status checks since I applied early march so it wouldn't be a surprise if I did get in.

thank you for any help anyone is able to give me if any ;D

I asked them a few days ago and I was told they were not sure, my papers had to be sent out to Ottawa or something where someone much higher ranked then corpal makes these kinds of decisions

Heffalumps said:
I asked them a few days ago and I was told they were not sure, my papers had to be sent out to Ottawa or something where someone much higher ranked then corpal makes these kinds of decisions

I can see your reasoning. If the CFRC doesnt know, anonymous strangers on the internet certainly will.

oh come on your not an anonymous strangers now <3
I was just wondering if anyone on here might have some kind of inkling about this

Heffalumps said:
oh come on your not an anonymous strangers now <3
I was just wondering if anyone on here might have some kind of inkling about this

My inkling is for you to call the CFRC in the morning. It is not that long a wait.

You should check in often, as positions are going quickly.

There is more than one merit list.  Some of them are checked daily and others weekly or as needed.  It can take a little extra time for SEP selections sometimes.  When you talk to them ask if your BackCheck is done.

When I was in recruiting all selection decisions were made in Borden home of the Canadian Forces Recruiting Group Headquarters not in Ottawa as mentioned in this thread and many others.  The only decisions made in Ottawa were medically related as that is where the Recruiting Medical Officer was located.  Can a current recruiting person clarify this for me?

Necro thread but what would you like to know George?  I'm currently going through it.

I'll put a brief description of what I've done so far.  Joined two years ago.  Did my first year in my program then did basic.  Since then my school has ran straight through without any breaks lasting longer than 3 weeks, so I haven't been able to get loaded onto any further courses.  During these breaks you get 'job placements' at the nearest support area base doing ***** work.  Don't fail any courses or you get a meeting with the Captain in charge. I've heard you get in serious crap, may get kicked out, repay CF funding recieved, etc. if it happens.  Just don't fail pretty much will get you through.  I'm 7 months from being 'job ready', licensed, civi bonafide, etc. in my trade.

I didn't even know MRAD TECH was part of NCM-SEP.  Learned something new, I guess.

Back