• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NHL 2006-2007

Who are you cheering for?

• Tampa Bay Lightning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philidelphia Flyers

• New Jersey Devils

• Minnesota Wild

• Dallas Stars

• San Jose Sharks

• St. Lois Blues

• Colorado Avalanche

• Nashville Predators

• Columbus Blue Jackets

• Phoenix Coyotes

• Chicago Blackhawks

• Florida Panthers

• Carolina Hurricanes

• Atlanta Thrashers

• Los Angeles Kings

• New York Rangers

• New York Islanders

• Washington Capitals

• Total voters
It's official.  Ottawa wins 5-3.  Series at 2-1 Anaheim.

Time to start planning the parade.... oh yeah thats right, they're not quite there.

if the sens win monday, i think they'll know what to do against the ducks, and it'll be over for anaheim ;)

Sixshooter said:
if the sens win monday, i think they'll know what to do against the lame ducks, and it'll be over for anaheim Beach Bums from the West Coast!! ;)

>:D

The solution to Anaheim is easy:  Kick the crap out of Pronger (spit!), and start smearing both of the Niedermeiers into the boards every time they touch the biscuit. Selanne needs to learn some fear, too.

no, ottawa just needs to protect the puck instead of passing it in shifty ways, which they did last night, they were all over them, and with pronger out monday (who didnt nothing but initially helped us  :-\) it's gonna be alot easier now.2-2 kids.

Sixshooter said:
no, ottawa just needs to protect the puck instead of passing it in shifty ways, which they did last night, they were all over them, and with pronger out monday (who didnt nothing but initially helped us  :-\) it's gonna be alot easier now.2-2 kids.

That's a very bold prediction. 

Sheerin said:
That's a very bold prediction. 

What winning one game... I've heard bolder statements come from my friends that don't use the word "not" in the phrase, "The Leafs will _____ win the cup."

It's funny when you look at the poll, 29 votes for Ottawa, whereas the Ducks have 1  ;D

van Gemeren said:
What winning one game... I've heard bolder statements come from my friends that don't use the word "not" in the phrase, "The Leafs will _____ win the cup."

It's still premature to say the Sens will take the next game.  Next game could go either way and that's all I was saying. 

predictions about the Leafs are nothing but bold, and this is so for a very simple reason, next season hasn't started!  Will the Leafs win the cup next year?  Probably not, but neither will 29 other teams.  I suspect that the Leafs will make the playoffs.  Hell if we had a more consistent goalie this year we would have made the playoffs easily.  And as many teams have shown (including Ottawa) once you get into the post season just about anything could happen.   

ive been making "bold" statements all season long, and so far my "bold" ottawa will meet anaheim in the final, despite making a 500$ bet for detroit advancing, was right. i also was correct about how sens would beat new jersey and buffalo, so me saying mondays game will go to the sens isnt "bold" as it is made out to be, for me atleast :s

and ottawa deserved every win the post season because they played their asses off from december on, as the stats show, it wasnt as lucky as you make it out to be with the "anything can happen". ottawa beat both new jesery and buffalo during the season, the only real threat i thought was gonna be one was the penguins but we ran over them too. with their determination, ottawa can prevail from this trail and win.

and ottawa deserved every win the post season because they played their asses off from december on, as the stats show, it wasnt as lucky as you make it out to be with the "anything can happen". ottawa beat both new jesery and buffalo during the season, the only real threat i thought was gonna be one was the penguins but we ran over them too. with their determination, ottawa can prevail from this trail and win.

I said in post season anything can happen and luck does play a role.  Like the Sabres for example who are coming off of a truly excellent year just imploded in the playoffs (granted it was a slow implosion).  But haven't you ever noticed how hockey is a game of bounces?  I firmly believe that if Buffalo had taken game two (which could have gone either way since it was an OT win) that the series would have gone to seven.  Same goes for game 3 in the finals, if Alfie hadn't kicked that puck in the ducks would have probably held on.  I almost forgot what about game 3 in the Devils series where the only goal came becuase Fisher got away with interfering with Brodeur. 

So don't talk about how a team deserves to be there.  Yes they played well but luck also has a lot to do with it.  One bounce here, one bounce there and the Sens could have easily been another first or second round knock out.  It's the nature of the beast.

Like I said Ottawa has played well, but they have also been helped by lady luck.  Perhaps it is their time to get some good luck, as they've been absolutely atrocious in the playoffs for the past 7 years or so. 

Back