• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

November 2009 BMQ

sudo

Inactive
Reaction score
I've been floating around these forums for awhile ;) and just got my job offer yesterday.

I'm wondering if there is anyone else yet that is scheduled for a November BMQ?  I'm going NAV COMM, scheduled for BMQ between November 9th and March 5th - my flight is being scheduled for November 7th.

Hey Sudo,

I am with ya on that one! I am going Combat Engineer and I'll be leaving on the 7th as well, from St. Johns Newfoundland. I hope to see you there and I wish you the best of luck with your preparations for BMQ! You can PM me if you'd like and I'll give you my email so we can talk a bit before we are there.

Hey guys I swear in on the 13th of October and course start date is Nov. 2nd.  Leaving from Ottawa anyone else

Hey all, got my call today and will be at BMQ during Nov 16 - March 19 as a RMS Clerk.

@  Pau127
when abouts did you do your cfat and such. how long has the process been for?

I got my job offer last Thursday and will be going to Quebec in Nov too ! I leave Nov 7th from St.John's NL!

natalie23 said:
    I got my job offer last Thursday and will be going to Quebec in Nov too ! I leave Nov 7th from St.John's NL!

Awesome! Looks like we will be on the same flight. What are you going in for?

@ AndyRad

Mine here in Newfoundland only took a month from the time I sent my app in to the time I got my job offer.

Kody,  good on ya man. nice to hear it. I'm hoping with fingers crossed that my eyesight gives me no hang ups and  from what my counsellor in Calgary told me probably end of November....good luck to all people starting in November

I think I was kind of lucky. I started my application late July. Got my CFAT like two days after handing in the app. After that I waited a week for my interview. After that I waited about about two weeks for my medical. My medical took a while because I needed to get my eyes tested by an outside optometrist. I also tested positive for hyper-tension (high blood pressure) during the medical so I had to retest my blood pressure by an outside doctor. After all that was done (about a week), I faxed my results back to Toronto, and they shortly sent it to Ottawa for the medical review. My medical approval took about two weeks to get back to me. I decided to randomly check my application status at the recruitment office and they told me all was approved and put me on the merit list for my preferred choice, RMS Clerk. 3 Business days later I received "the call" and was offered a position as a RMS Clerk. 

P.S. If this doesn't make sense I will try to clarify it, typing this out at 3 AM...lol

Edit - Sorry didn't clearly answer the question, the total length of my application process was probably a bit under 7 weeks.

Hello.

I just got my call today I am entering as an RMS I am scheduled to be sworn in on the 27th of October in Ottawa and on BMQ November 15th .. Goodluck to everyone else who is starting BMQ in November.

Pau127 said:
I think I was kind of lucky.  the total length of my application process was probably a bit under 7 weeks.

Damn straight you were lucky.  I'm on 8 months and counting.

I figured I'd post in here, since I'll hopefully be on a November BMQ.

Hmmm, I seem to be the only person I know that had my CFAT, medical/physical and interview all on the same day. Guess I got really really luck  ;D

Its great to see so many signing on. Hopefully my date is not too far away.

Best of luck to you all!

@kody i had all 3 in the same day as well. was cheaper for them  to do it all in one shot for me and not so hard for me to book time off of work. just waiting on medical review

Got the call last Friday. 

Leaving on the 5th for Edmonton, swearing in on the 6th, flying to St Jean on the 7th.  Starting the 9th!

See you there.  :cdn:

I was waiting about 6 weeks , I had my file transfered from Sydney,NS! I'm going in as a cook!

@ AndyRad

Ya, it was cheaper for them to get me in for 1 day and finish everything because I live 2 hours away from my closest CFRC.

I am looking forward to meeting all of you and hopefully becoming good friends with you. And of course we will all get along great! Hopefully I'll have something to contribute to our group as a whole once we get there!

I got my offer today, getting sworn in on nov. 5th and flying out from halifax nov. 22nd. NICE ONE

I get sworn in on the 28th of October, then fly out to St. Jean November 1st! I'm going in as Combat Engineer for the reg force. Anyone else going in as for Combat engineer?

BTW when they do a dental check at the start of BMQ, what happens when they find a lot of dental work that needs to be done? I have not had dental coverage for  a few years, so it has been quite some time since I had been to a dentist. :/

krieger1989 said:
I get sworn in on the 28th of October, then fly out to St. Jean November 1st! I'm going in as Combat Engineer for the reg force. Anyone else going in as for Combat engineer?

BTW when they do a dental check at the start of BMQ, what happens when they find a lot of dental work that needs to be done? I have not had dental coverage for  a few years, so it has been quite some time since I had been to a dentist. :/

I am also going in as a Combat engineer although my BMQ starts on the 9th.

They should have looked over all that stuff while you were getting your medical. They asked me a bunch of questions about dental, I would assume that if you lied about it there and they find out later they may not be to pleased. I doubt you will get disqualified for it unless its A LOT of dental work!

Back