• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay: Statements, Backpay, Benefits, Deductions (Taxes, T4), Deployed ect... [MERGED]

SupersonicMax said:
Unless you are a pilot/doctor/dentist/lawyer
Pilot/doctor/dentist/lawyers actually make the most.  More than Pilots.  More than Doctors.  More than Dentists (who are all failed doctors, right), and certainly more than lawyers

;D

Technoviking said:
Pilot/doctor/dentist/lawyers actually make the most.  More than Pilots.  More than Doctors.  More than Dentists (who are all failed doctors, right), and certainly more than lawyers

;D

Actually, we all know that a Lawyer is a failed Dentist, which is a failed Doctor, which is a failed Pilot ;)

ltmaverick25 said:
As far as reg force pay scales are concerned for the 2Lt rank level the following applies.
The same is also true at the Lt level.  At Capt everyone receives the same.

Ack, I know what the Pay Scale is there for but I was asking when that actually happens?  Even though the pay scale exists, I have never seen a 2Lt CFR.

Petamocto said:
What trade?  What rank upon changing over?

I have never seen a CFR go to 2Lt, only a brief stop at OCdt for some before going to Lt or Capt.

Typically in the Infantry CFRs are offered at Sgt-MWO level (not all, but the bulk of the bell curve).

Maybe it's just reserve world. We just had a MCpl CFR to 2LT, I think another soldiers "3 degrees" somehow put her at 2 LT also.

We had a couple MCpls CFR a couple years back, and they ended up 2Lts.

People must be confusing UTPNCM with CFR.  For UTPNCM, your minimum rank for applying is Cpl.  For CFR, the minimum rank for recommendation is Sgt (IIRC).

Technoviking said:
People must be confusing UTPNCM with CFR.  For UTPNCM, your minimum rank for applying is Cpl.  For CFR, the minimum rank for recommendation is Sgt (IIRC).

Exceptional MS/MCpls are usually allowed to be nominated, but that seems to vary from year-to-year.

Based on what I have seen from my peers who were CFRs, it seems to me that if you are a Sgt/P2 CFR then you go straight to Lt/SLt, anything lower ends up as a 2Lt/ASLt. 

I know a number of WOs that went straight to captain also.

ltmaverick25 said:
Based on what I have seen from my peers who were CFRs, it seems to me that if you are a Sgt/P2 CFR then you go straight to Lt/SLt, anything lower ends up as a 2Lt/ASLt. 

I know a number of WOs that went straight to captain also.
Not being a CFR (I was UTPNCM), upon completion of my degree, I was commissioned to the rank of 2Lt, and immediately promoted to the rank of Lt. 

CFchamp said:
Right now as of 2010- got this off the Canadian forces website

Non Commisioned members make yearly                  Officers make yearly
Private-31,488                                                      2ndLT- 49,000
Corporal- 50,008                                                    LT- 55.000
Master Corporal- 55,032                                      Captain- 68,000
Sergeant-60,098                                                  Major- 90,0000

Officers do make more money, it only takes 4 years to become a Captain(60k per year) but after that it becomes almost impossible to rank, sometimes it can take up to 10 years just to rank from Captain to Major. Why as being a NCM you are practically garunteed being ranked up at least every 4-5 years. - Im 15 next year joining the reserves, i want to become either a Armoured solider or Armour officer, they are the same thing but one is a NCM and one is a officer im just not sure if its worth 4 more years of education for to make a few more dollars any tips???

I think that you may want to recheck your sources for pay rates.  I am a Corporal and make a little over $64,000 per year at Cpl 4. Each rank has a yearly incentive up to 4, and depending on whether the trade you are in makes spec 1 or spec 2 has an impact on what you make as well.....

There is no rank, officer or NCM, in which it is almost impossible to move up to or past, or there wouldn't be any higher ranks.  Look at the job requirment differences with officers as well.  There is a good reason that it may take captains up to 10 years to reach the rank of major.  That's not to say that senior NCO's don't have demanding job requirements, it's just a different area of responsibility.

Major - responsible for a company's worth of men (about 100)
Sergeant, Warrant - responsible for a platoon's worth (about 30), and for helping guide LT's, and captains

And no an officer and an NCM are not the same thing in any trade.

Damagedone,

My advice is to stay in school, get the 4 years of post-secondary education and go officer if you so desire.
More money over time.
Should you leave the military for whatever reason, you can fall back on your education and still be gainfully employed.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Things change too quickly in todays job market now.

Best,

Nites

DamagedOne said:
I think that you may want to recheck your sources for pay rates.  I am a Corporal and make a little over $64,000 per year at Cpl 4. Each rank has a yearly incentive up to 4, and depending on whether the trade you are in makes spec 1 or spec 2 has an impact on what you make as well.....

I am going to assume you're not making spec pay - in which case I would suggest you re-check your math as I am making less than $64, 000 per year at Sgt. Splitting hairs yes, but if you're going to call someone out, best make sure you outline all the info....

DamagedOne said:

Capt. Happy said:
I am going to assume you're not making spec pay - in which case I would suggest you re-check your math as I am making less than $64, 000 per year at Sgt. Splitting hairs yes, but if you're going to call someone out, best make sure you outline all the info....

My ex-husband was making only about $55k a year as a MCpl, and he has twenty years in now. $64K? I guess there definitely has to be spec pay in there!

Hello, I am in the middle of the application process, awaiting my apt test, medical, and interview. I had a question about the pay scale that is posted. I will be a DEO MARS officer. Which category will I fall under for the officer recruit? There are two categories, ROTP or OCPT. I am just trying to do as they say and get things in order. If I can figure this out I can set up everything and not worry. This part is just not clear. I am ok with taking a pay cut for two months, I just want to budget what the pay cut is. Or do the DEO have a different  route and they just start where it says DEO?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Patrick

I often wonder why we even bother.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/91094/post-897661.html#msg897661

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13588/post-835472.html#msg835472

Thank you for the later link. I searched DEO pay scale and that thread did not come up. But my question is also about BMOQ as well. Do DEO get paid that amount while going to basic or in the Officer Cadet section there is no DEO.

Thank you for your time.

Patrick

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dgcb-dgras/pub/cbi-dra/doc/204-02.pdf, look for 204.211(9).

You're paid as an OCdt until you finish BMOQ, then are commissioned and paid as per the other table for 2Lt and Lt.

Occam said:
You're paid as an OCdt until you finish BMOQ, then are commissioned and paid as per the other table for 2Lt and Lt.

If it's still the same as the DEO scale when I went through, it was OCdt until the end of Basic but then everything was retro-dated to date of enrollment.

Back then you had to take SLT between Basic and CAP, so add that to the odd injury on one of the four phases and not having the phases line up perfectly time wise meant some people were getting promoted to Capt right after getting to their unit because it had been three years since they enrolled.

Back