• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay: Statements, Backpay, Benefits, Deductions (Taxes, T4), Deployed ect... [MERGED]

I can only tell you my experience in just signing a DEO contract. They are just paying out at the ASLT DEO rates starting at the beginning of basic.  So they have stopped doing the retro pay at the end by paying as if you were ranked day 1 of basic.

But that is what my contract says.  As with all things your experience may be different.

With respect to the pay level for a CEOTP, is there a time limit to prior service?  Years ago I was a PRes infantryman and then Reg tech and am now in the process of being a CEOTP AEC pending air crew rating and interview.  I am trying to determine where I would fit on the pay scale for OCdt and 2Lt.  Would I fall under level D or level B? Tried to decipher the information on page two from NFLD Sapper but don't have the information to tell if there is a time limit.

OkanaganHeat said:
With respect to the pay level for a CEOTP, is there a time limit to prior service?  Years ago I was a PRes infantryman and then Reg tech and am now in the process of being a CEOTP AEC pending air crew rating and interview.  I am trying to determine where I would fit on the pay scale for OCdt and 2Lt.  Would I fall under level D or level B? Tried to decipher the information on page two from NFLD Sapper but don't have the information to tell if there is a time limit.

With all due respect, I can not figure out how a person aspiring to become an officer, especially one with prior service can not look this up:  Regular Force and Class C Officer Rates

PAY LEVEL
A - ROTP (former CBI 204.2111 & 204.2151)  NOT YOU
B - OCTP-NFS (former CBI 204.2113 & 204.2153)
C - DEO (former CBI 204.2114 & 204.2154)
D - UTP-NCM / OCTP-FS (former CBI 204.2112, 204.21135, 204.2152 & 204.21535)
E - CFR (former CBI 204.212)  Are you a CFR?  If NOT, then this is not you.

B - OCTP-NFS (former CBI 204.2113 & 204.2153)
204.211(3) (Rate of pay – ROTP) An officer to whom the ROTP applies shall be paid, for each month after the month and year specified in the table, at the rate of pay established for the officer’s rank and pay increment as follows

a.if a lieutenant or second lieutenant
i.with no former non-commissioned member service, in pay level A of Table “B” or “C” to this instruction, or
ii.with former non-commissioned member service and appointed to the rank of officer cadet directly from the rank of private, in pay level A of Table “B” or “C” to this instruction; or
iii.with former non-commissioned member service and appointed to the rank of officer cadet directly from the rank of corporal or above, in pay level D of Table “B” or “C” to this instruction; and
b.subject to QR&O 203.20 (Officers – Regular Force – Limitation of Payments) , if an officer cadet with no former non-commissioned member service, in pay level A of Table "A" to this instruction.    NOT YOU

204.211(3) (Rate of pay – ROTP) An officer to whom the ROTP applies shall be paid, for each month after the month and year specified in the table, at the rate of pay established for the officer’s rank and pay increment as follows

a.if a lieutenant or second lieutenant
i.with no former non-commissioned member service, in pay level A of Table “B” or “C” to this instruction, or
ii.with former non-commissioned member service and appointed to the rank of officer cadet directly from the rank of private, in pay level A of Table “B” or “C” to this instruction; or
iii.with former non-commissioned member service and appointed to the rank of officer cadet directly from the rank of corporal or above, in pay level D of Table “B” or “C” to this instruction; and
b.subject to QR&O 203.20 (Officers – Regular Force – Limitation of Payments) , if an officer cadet with no former non-commissioned member service, in pay level A of Table "A" to this instruction.    NOT YOU

C - DEO (former CBI 204.2114 & 204.2154)
204.211(4) (Rate of pay – UTP(NCM) and SCP) A lieutenant or second lieutenant to whom the UTP(NCM) or SCP applies shall be paid, for each month after the month and year specified in the table, at the rate of pay for the officer’s rank and pay increment as follows:

a.if appointed to the rank of officer cadet directly from the rank of private, in pay level A of Table "B" or "C" to this instruction;
b.if appointed to the rank of officer cadet directly from the rank of corporal or above, in pay level D of Table "B" or "C" to this instruction.
c.if commissioned directly to the rank of lieutenant or second lieutenant from a non-commissioned member rank, in pay level D of Table “B” or “C” to this instruction.(CDS 1 April 2003)

204.215(4) (Transfer to the pilot occupation) An officer on transfer to the pilot military occupation in the rank of captain, and who meets the conditions of paragraph (1), shall be paid at the rate of pay for the pay increment determined under paragraph (3) that is nearest to, but not less than, the rate of pay the officer was receiving on the day immediately prior to meeting the conditions of paragraph (1)NOT YOU

D - UTP-NCM / OCTP-FS (former CBI 204.2112, 204.21135, 204.2152 & 204.21535)

204.211(2) (Pay on promotion) In accordance with paragraphs (3) and (4) of CBI 204.04 (Rate of Pay on Promotion), an officer shall be paid on promotion at the rate of pay established for the officer’s rank, pay increment and pay level as set out in the tables to this instruction.

204.04(3) (Rate of pay on promotion) Subject to paragraphs (4) and (5), an officer or non-commissioned member shall be paid, on promotion to a higher rank, at the rate of pay established in the applicable CBI which is the greater of:

a.the basic rate of pay for the member’s new rank and, if applicable, pay level and trade group; or
b.the rate of pay for the pay increment and, if applicable, pay level and trade group, for the member’s new rank that is nearest to, but at least equal to, the sum of the rate of pay the member was receiving on the day immediately prior to the date of the promotion, plus an amount equal to the difference between the rate of pay established for pay increment 1 and pay increment Basic in the member’s new rank, but not to exceed the rate of pay for the highest pay increment in the new rank.

204.04(4) (General Service Officer - Officer Entry Plans) If an officer is paid under CBI 204.211 (Pay – General Service Officers – Officer Entry Plans –Lieutenant, Second Lieutenant and Officer Cadet) and is entitled to receive pay level D on promotion to a higher rank, but the rate calculated under subparagraph (3)(b) of this instruction exceeds the rate of pay for the highest pay increment in pay level D in Table "B" or "C", as applicable for the officer’s new rank, the officer shall be paid under pay level E in that table in accordance with paragraph (3).    NOT YOU

204.21135 - REPEALED BY TB ON 2 MAY 2002 EFFECTIVE 1 APRIL 2002

204.215(2) (Rate of pay – lieutenant-colonel and major) A pilot in the rank of lieutenant-colonel or major shall be paid, for each month after the month and year specified in the table, at the rate of pay established for the officer’s rank and pay increment in Table "A" to this instruction.    NOT YOU

204.21535 - REPEALED BY TB ON 2 MAY 2002 EFFECTIVE 1 APRIL 2002

I do realize that it does follow under the following:

204.211(7) (Rate of pay – CEOTP) An officer to whom the CEOTP applies shall be paid, for each month after the month and year specified in the table, at the rate of pay for the officer’s rank and pay increment as follows:

a.for an officer in the rank of lieutenant or second lieutenant
i.with no former non-commissioned member service, in pay level B of Table "B" or "C" to this instruction, or
ii.with former non-commissioned member service and appointed to the rank of officer cadet directly from the rank of private or above, in pay level D of Table "B" or "C" to this instruction; and
b.in the rank of officer cadet with no former non-commissioned member service, in pay level B of Table "A" to this instruction.

My question was if there was a time limit with regard to prior service. I do realize that it is either level B or D and only wanted to clarify as it does seem to be level D. Since I do not have access to other documents that would explain any time limits which  I was unsure of. I have found that many of my previous courses and experience are no longer valid due to time and this caused me to have the question.

Although some of your qualifications may not be current, they may still mean something towards what you are asking.

Filtering through all this mumbo jumbo of regulations can be frustrating and raise one's blood pressure.  It is usually best to find a RMS clerk with a good grounding in the old Fin Clerk Trade to decypher what your entitlements are.......And I mean a good clerk; not one like the PO1 this crusty old Crewman had to explain all his entitlements to in order to finalize a Claim.   

ltmaverick25 said:
Based on what I have seen from my peers who were CFRs, it seems to me that if you are a Sgt/P2 CFR then you go straight to Lt/SLt, anything lower ends up as a 2Lt/ASLt. 

I know a number of WOs that went straight to captain also.

What MOC was that?

As a former WO, I ended up doing the 2Lt followed by Lt in the same day.

Going from being a 043 WO to 24A Lt, I am required to do 3 years in Rank before promotion to Capt. Mind you the Lt "E" Pay Scale isn't exactly a boot in the junk, but the YO thing gets old quick.

CDN Aviator said:
Say it aint so......say it aint so......

Like the old saying "Careful what you wish for......" :)

Its a bit of a strange dynamic when the "Lt" is one of the oldest guys in the Troop, but at least no one is getting me with the old "Pressure Gauge for the Road Wheel, Box of Grid Squares, Squelch Fluid" routine ;)

armybuck041 said:
Like the old saying "Careful what you wish for......" :)

I never pictured you as the officer type but good for you. You will bring the corps alot in that capacity.

Its a bit of a strange dynamic when the "Lt" is one of the oldest guys in the Troop, but at least no one is getting me with the old "Pressure Gauge for the Road Wheel, Box of Grid Squares, Squelch Fluid" routine ;)

Or the old "skyhook" bit in the BB lines  ;D

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/payscales-131#officersregular-1

Officer Cadet are divided into two types: ROTP, OCTP-NFS.
What are the difference?

How come under Second Lieutenant there are the two ROTP and OCTP-NFS plans?
How can you under either one of the training plans when your a second lieutenant already?
I thought you can only second lieutenant when you finish your academics education, is it true?

And what does the Basic, 1, 2, 3..........10 stand for at the top of the chart?

ROTP and OCTP are 2 different entry plans. The Recruit Center can explain the differences better, but essentially, ROTP sends you to university where the OCTP expects that you already have a degree.

There are a number of commissioning plans, each has their own pay scale, not all of them are linked to university training; some are for Non-Commissioned members all ready serving in the CF. Depending on what rank they held when they get their Queen's Commission, you go to 2nd Lt or Lt (or Capt for that matter).

The numbers at the top are called "Incentive." Basically, you get a raise every year you are in a certain rank until you "max out," reach the top incentive.

Wook

Wookilar is correct, but I'll add that even though you may have finished your training, your entry plan will still affect your pay until you get promoted to captain or lieutenant(N).

bdb1231 said:
I thought you can only second lieutenant when you finish your academics education, is it true?

No.  Sometimes it is possible to be promoted to a commissioned rank, prior to the completion of a degree.

Wookilar said:
...essentially, ROTP sends you to university where the OCTP (aka CEOTP) expects that you already have a degree complete a degree on your own time.

If selected under the CEOTP, one can be commissioned after completion of BMOQ.

I'm wondering if anyone might know who to get hold of to request T4 tax forms for the '08 and '09 tax years. I've called everywhere from St. Jean to Meaford to Borden, and keep getting the usual run-around and passing of the buck, and not being "in" anymore certainly isn't helping things.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

I would contact the release pay office.

http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/cu-cn/index-eng.asp

I have a university Bachelor degree already. So I guess I can try to enter the OCTP-NFS, right?

Why are there 4 columns for OCTP-NFS pay scale?
I understand that ROTP pay scale has 4 columns representing the 4 years you spend on your undergrad, but how come OCTP-NFS has 4 columns also?

bdb1231 said:
I have a university Bachelor degree already. So I guess I can try to enter the OCTP-NFS, right?

Why are there 4 columns for OCTP-NFS pay scale?
I understand that ROTP pay scale has 4 columns representing the 4 years you spend on your undergrad, but how come OCTP-NFS has 4 columns also?

Since you already have a degree you would enter under the DEO program, and essentially be a 2Lt until you finish your occupation training (which is why you see 6 incentives there).

Cheers

T2B

Do you need a good GPA to apply to officer? I don't want to post my GPA here, but all I can say is it is low....:p

I want to apply to the Canadian Forces and serve for the country. So am I better off just apply to be NCM than Officer because my GPA is low and my French is bad and I don't have good work experience?

I don't want to apply to officer and go through the interview, aptitude test, language test, blood test and fitness test, and 6 months later I realize I cannot be officer because my GPA is low and I don't have good work experience. And I have to wait until next year to apply again to be NCM.

Or 6 months after I apply I realize I couldn't be officer and they offer me NCM positions to choose from, but only the boring jobs are left, all the interesting jobs are taken......I only get to pick from jobs that no one wants...

Anyone know what I should do?

Start the application process and see where it takes you. At some point you will be asked what occupation you want, and you'll be told if you qualify or not. You can make your decision then. We are not equipped to answer the questions you've posed. Much will also depend on what occupations are open at the time of your application... which we also don't know.

Back