• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PET PEEV

Recce41

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a few PetPeeves.
1. A55holes that say they are Airborne, let alone a jumper having a para/airborne etc in their log on.. I wear white, have 225 static/125 standard and nonstandard jumps. And served from 84-93 with the Armour Jump Troop.
2. DUMB DUMBs with no clue WTF they are taking about. I may not know everything, but I will find out the answer. And if the answer is wrong fair is fair. But don‘t give BS.
3. People that bitch about **** and have no anwser to correct the **** problem. If you have a problem correct it. As I am trying to do now.
4. And anything else that is SFD (sure F$%^ing Dumb).

I have been on this and other web sites and have A55holes. Get into my peeves. Can anyone add to these.
Thanks just a post to bitch on. I know people have Military Pet Peeves. :evil: Yes I am Evil, posted to Gagetown, and ready to fail more Ph4, and ARTC students! this summer!

^Ah. Gotta love an ornery sarn‘t. ;)

1. Bull****ters. Those who say they are all this and all that, but never live up to their mouth.
2. Being told to do something all over again, when it was done correctly the first time.
3. Morons giving you cock for making them look bad and it‘s their fault.

Hey "happy" recce41.. you‘ll want to drop in on this forum then...http://www.cadpat.com/forum/

It is full of little militia kids that have so much war experience it‘s crazy!! They talk all about needing kit to make their lives easier as they ticky tack across the battle field.. drop leg pouches, quick realease ninja swords.. all those high speed non sparking gucci kit things, and I bet they still walk around with their lower combat shirt pockets full!!

Just realize, it‘s not the site I am hacking on, it‘s alot of the kids that post. It‘s the wheeler site, so you know you can find some good stuff...

Bzz

Buzz, I take it you are having trouble distinguishing Cadets from Militia? I think most of those "kids" you are talking about may be younger than you think.

CIL = "Cadet Instructor List"
RCAC = not Royal Canadian Armoured Corps, but "Royal Canadian Army Cadets"

A bunch of the subject lines alone suggest they are cadets. I‘d say, have fun with the kiddies there. We used to think THIS forum was bad for Army Cadets babbling about their Vernon or Banff war experiences.

No, I am referring to the ones that are in the reserves.. trust me. They are the ones that talk down to the cadets all the time.. as if they were all high and mighty.. the "personal kit restrictons" thread is one of the threads I am referring to with all the gucci kit and war stories..
To let you know, I have no problem with reservists and/or cadets.. I have been up both paths myself, it‘s just that there are some that wander around with the feeling that they are elite soldiers.. one was braggin about an upcoming exercise with the JTF, which usually means that the reservist will be sitting in an airplane or bus, and be "hostages".. I just bothers me..

Bzz

Wait a minute, if cocky arrogant people who think they know everything piss you off; do slack asses who wisely pretend and act like they know alot less than they actually do so as to avoid the responsibility of being seen as dependable and reliant (like me!) piss you off too?

Lui, I know troops like you.
You‘re what I call ‘minimalist‘. Just do the bare minimum to pass the course or just barely enough of the work and think you‘ve done what you‘re suppose to do.

Not the type to put in just little extra effort, motivate and keep the morale up of your mates, heavens forbid if you volunteer for anything or take leadership to find out what‘s going on, I do what it is necessary for me, that‘s it. Minimalist.

You‘re not even an average troop. I consider people like you no worse than the weak ones, because you fail to push yourself to the limits to be the best soldier you can be.

RoyalHighlandFusilier, I‘d agree with you except that I‘m not a minimalist yet. Sadly, I still care a little bit about my being a soldier, my unit, even my trade.

I‘ve never been a minimalist until this year; the "displays good motivation" comment I‘ve gotten on all my courses will thus marr my military reputation until I have done enough to prove to the contrary.

However, as one of the most influencial instructors in my brief, uneventful my military career told me: "It really doesn‘t matter in the reserves how well you do on course, so long as you pass it." That remark has prompted me to change my "hardcore" ways and adopt a more relaxed, minimalist mentality.

I have to disagree with what your instructor told you, for the most part.

If you‘re going to do a short stint in the Reserves and then move on to an unrelated civvy career, then sure - he‘s probably right.

But if you‘re going to stay in for any period of time, considering the Regs, or even have a sense of personal accomplishment and pride, then he‘s wrong.

Your UER, including course reports, follows you around forever. And trust me, people look at it. When you‘re just another file in a stack, your course reports are all that distinguish you from the next guy. That goes from awarding "paid vacation" :) type taskings to loading candidates on rare courses, to promotions and transfers to the Regs.

Your performance on courses is only unimportant in the single situation I cited at the top of this post. In that case, the Reserves is really just a paycheque, no different from McDonalds.

I have a hard time believing that someone who doesn‘t put their personal best into a course can turn around and be a "good soldier" at some point. Mediocrity may get you though, but it‘s a consistent high standard that will make you a good soldier.

You-know-who is stirring the pot again.

...wisely pretend and act like they know alot less...
CFL_Lui: rather than fooling anyone, this simply broadcasts the low quality of your character.

Back to the topic, the peevs:
  • "MIR commandos" who always seem to find a way to be too injured to parade, but healthy enough to go bar-hopping.
  • Soldiers who don‘t soldier.
  • Anyone who lets the previous two get away with their respective bull$hit.

I remember it was either the first or the second day of BMQ a master jack was giving us a talk.

We were lined in ranks, had little clue to what was going on, a bit apprehensive and nervous about what was going to happen.
So the master jack said during his little talk, "All of you have the potential to become good soldiers. We (the instructors) can only teach you the things you need to know to be a soldier, but it is up to you to become the best soldier you can be."

He never said anything about how long you‘re staying in the uniform, whether you‘re in reg or res, but about being a soldier. Period.

Pet Peeve? Too much attention being given to CFL_Lui‘s posts. Everyone, he is just a **** disturber or stupid. Ignore him, he will go away.

bzz....I appreciate the clarification. I‘ve appreciated and enjoyed your posts for a long time now, glad you weren‘t taking a swipe at reservists...

...just those that deserve it! :D

Infighting in the CF:

Unit rivalries, trade rivalries. Most of all the lack of respect Reg Force has for reserves and often times vice versa.

Can‘t we all just get along, we are on the same side!

I don‘t mind unit/trade rivalries.

Heck, a little healthy competition is something we all can use. We always can use some pride in our unit and in our trade.

As long as slagging is done in good humour and we recognize that we all are in same team and respect that, it‘s fine with me.

*still thinks best thing that came out of SVC BNs is this particularly hot chick...* :D

Pet Peeve? Too much attention being given to CFL_Lui‘s posts. Everyone, he is just a **** disturber or stupid. Ignore him, he will go away.
Well, I agree with you about the first part, but not the second. I apologise if my attempts at being humerous come across as making me seem like a "**** disturber or stupid." I also doubt as long as I‘m an Engineer as a civlian and a Res Sig Op with the army (the two are a symbiotic relationship; the army pays for school, Engineering hightens interests of certain aspects of the army) that I‘ll go away. This is a very interesting forum, with a very interesting community. I suppose I can attempt to be less casual about my conduct here and be a bit more considerate, and believe me, being a forum rat for the past 8.5 years I DO know proper internet forum conduct.

Accountability - this is my Pet peeve

The lack of it in both reg/res worlds. Passing the buck around and people who spend their day playing (CYA - Cover your A55)

I agree with you on that one, only to the opposite extreme; that‘s why I don‘t like signing for anything unless I have to. It‘s just too easy to loose/break things of huge significance. I mean, if one empty mag missing could land you in Club Ed, why sign for 5 if it‘s one of the easiest things in the world to lose?

Back