• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Picture frames @ BMQ (yes, enough for a merged topic)

Update to thread :

Now that I have been here @ CFLRS for over a month (week 6 now) I can report that, in my platoon at least, as long as the picture frame is the one from the Canex, clean, neatly in the corner on the desk and most importantly contains a picture of some kind (including funny ones), orientation does not matter. 

Best of luck to all recruits. 

On one of my courses, I had an autographed* photo of Sergey Gorshkov (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Gorshkov) on my desk.  The comments from the DS were whether he was my grandfather and that he had an awful lot of medals.  I'm not sure whether this would be as amusing these days, now that the Cold War is over.

*autographed in the sense that I had a Russian speaking friend write (in Russian), "Dear Pusser, best wishes, Sergey."

Ok, so you MUST bring a picture from what I'm reading (though I'd prefer not to have any pictures) and I don't have a single pic that is 5x7, only 4x6

MercenaryBlack said:
Ok, so you MUST bring a picture from what I'm reading (though I'd prefer not to have any pictures) and I don't have a single pic that is 5x7, only 4x6

::)

How friggin hard is it to visit a DOLLAR STORE and buy a 5 X 7 frame for a buck and put your favourite pinup into it?

MercenaryBlack said:

Just bring a picture and save yourself the trouble of borrowing someone's from your platoon and being asked why someone else's girlfriend is in your photo  ;). My platoon had tons of left over picture frames from the previous platoon before use.

Bring your 4x6.  Cut a 4x6 hole in a piece of paper.  Cut the paper to fit in the frame.  Tape the picture to the hole, and stick it in the frame.

stealthylizard said:
Bring your 4x6.  Cut a 4x6 hole in a piece of paper.  Cut the paper to fit in the frame.  Tape the picture to the hole, and stick it in the frame.
Will try that.. thanks

I don't have any "pinups"

Why wouldn't you just go to wal-mart or wherever and pay the 20 cents it costs to develop one 5 x 7 picture. Any picture, just pick one from Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/phone Just seems a lot easier and it isn't going to draw any attention to you. 

How stupid is BMQ now?  Back in the day ('86), we were allowed to have a picture in our locker, but it wasn't mandatory.  ::)

PMedMoe said:
How stupid is BMQ now?  Back in the day ('86), we were allowed to have a picture in our locker, but it wasn't mandatory.  ::)

Pretty stupid and always improving  ;D  ... it's called progress.

PMedMoe said:
PS_0258W_COMMON_SENSE_PIC2.jpg

runormal said:
Why wouldn't you just go to wal-mart or wherever and pay the 20 cents it costs to develop one 5 x 7 picture. Any picture, just pick one from Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/phone Just seems a lot easier and it isn't going to draw any attention to you.
Like these might  >:D
keep-calm-and-resist-authority.png

thought-police.jpg

Or, if you have RCAF DS ....
Air-Force-PT.jpeg

Meh, had to do the same on PLQ a few years back (jezuss, that was 7 years ago already). I just left the picture that came with the frame.

Sheep and chickens are guaranteed to draw favourable comments from the DS.

Actually, in most of the Dollar stores or equivalent, you will find cheap picture frames that come with a picture already in it. OK, so its not your cat or horse, or that mountain is not the view from your backyard of your ranch, but what the heck, the instructors don't know that  ;D.

I am taking random photos of stuff from my life lol. Bonus thing is, I am headed to my hometown for 2 weeks before basic so I can get some great random shots.

Back