• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Please post if you have received an offer from RMC.

around what time do people usually start getting offers if one had applied to an institution such as RMC?
thnkx

Well if you typed out your application with the same disregard that you typed that post, my guess would be never.....

How about trying that again?

there was no disregard intended sir
if disregard was percieved then i apologize
i was jus trying to find out an approx. date at which people might find acceptance offers and did not refer to myself
thnkx

joshi said:
there was no disregard intended sir
if disregard was percieved then i apologize
i was jus trying to find out an approx. date at which people might find acceptance offers and did not refer to myself
thnkx

You may not get an answer. Most here, especially the ones that have an interest in answering your question, won't finish reading it until it's grammatically correct. That includes the use of capitals, proper spelling, etc. Trust me, if your planning on going the officer route, or excelling past the Corporal stage as an NCO, brush up on your writing habit fast. This is a good place to start.

Hi, I've applied to RMC (through ROTP) this year hoping to get myself a degree in Mechanical Engineering and go on to be a pilot.  I've done all the basic application testing thus far, such as Aptitude, Medical (Aircrew Medical), Fitness and Interview.  I still have the Aircrew Selection to do throughout April, does anyone know if RMC would give me an offer or tell me I've been accepted for an alternate career choice if I fail the Aircrew Selection process?  Also, to be a contender, or have a chance at getting into RMC, besides personal life experiences (volunteer hours, sports, leadership skills, academics), do your results in the testing make a big difference in your chances of getting in (results on Aptitude test, results on fitness test and answers during interview)?

does anyone know if RMC would give me an offer or tell me I've been accepted for an alternate career choice if I fail the Aircrew Selection process? Only if you have a another choice besides Pilot.

do your results in the testing make a big difference in your chances of getting in (results on Aptitude test, results on fitness test and answers during interview)? CFAT scores, Academic results and interview are all scored and do have a bearing on whether you are selected or not.

Ok, thanks, yes, I forgot to mention I had chosen 6 carreer options, but they seem to only mention 2 for my application (I guess they don't really need people for the other positions at the moment) and my academics are average, although this current semester is suffering a little, will they revoke an offer (that they have already given) if your final marks in required classes are too low?

will they revoke an offer (that they have already given) if your final marks in required classes are too low?

They certainly will.

Hi Kid_X.  First, I'd like to tell you about Aircrew Selection.

Aircrew Selection is a for the CF to judge of your learning capabilities.  Aircrew Selection is a little simulator in which you do 4 sessions if I remember correctly (4 years ago...)  The computer tells you what to do and you have to do it.  What they ask you to do is straight and level flight, turns, climbing/diving turns and small procedures.  The last session is a combination of all you learned.  The pass ratio is about 20-50% (on my serial, 2/10 passed for pilot and 9/10 passed for Air Nav).  Aside from the Pilot Selection, there is also the Air Nav selection ,which is a written exam.  A lot of questions (Maths, spacial orientation, chart reading, etc) for little time. 

After Aircrew, there is the medical, in Toronto but that shoudn't be a worry if you're in good shape.  If you go to RMC, after the 1st or 2nd year, you should be slotted to go on Primary Flight Training, in Portage La Prairie, Manitoba (a hour west of Winnipeg).  This is still a selection course and it also evaluates your learning abilities more than you flying skills.  Usually, a few fails that phase. (6/24 on my course).  The biggest problem on that course I think is the "summer break" attitude.  People are going in Portage after a year in school and think PFT is easy an is a joke.  Most of these guys fail...  Yes, Portage is fun but you have to work on your primary goal first, becoming a pilot. 

For the recruiting standards...  Seriously, if you're not a potatoe couch, doing no sport, and nothing outside school, and you have good marks (70+) you should make the cut.  I know people that had a 65% average in school that are in my program.  But I have to admit that most of the people in my class had 85+ averages in school.  The other people (those who had lower averages) failed Mech Eng (usually, the average drops 15-20% here)  I think the interview is a big part of the selection.  This is YOUR chance of telling them WHY they should take you.  Take advantage of it!

As for the revoking of the offer, well from what I understood during my enrolment process, if you have a conditional offer and pass school, you should be able to accept it.  Mine was conditional to the success of my studies.

If you have any other questions, just let me know eighter here or by Private Message.

Max

Heard from my Father (Cpt(N)) that they are sitting down on the 24thAPR and says those applying from BC will hear within the first week of May if this helps at all.

Accepted today. Infantry Officer. Military and Strategic Studies. IAP begins July 3rd.

Got the call today. Engineers for MOC and Engineering for degree program.  ;D

If one was enrolled at RMC in the science program and wanted to switch to the arts, how much leeway would one get? I am not sure exactly what degree I want as it is inconsequential , however, i would like to know which one would get you farther in the civi world.
I know theres no straight answer to this one, but anything will help.
Thanks.

joshi said:
If one was enrolled at RMC in the science program and wanted to switch to the arts, how much leeway would one get? I am not sure exactly what degree I want as it is inconsequential , however, i would like to know which one would get you farther in the civi world.
I know theres no straight answer to this one, but anything will help.
Thanks.

That's a dangerous line of thinking.

First, engineers will tell you that an engineering degree is the only degree that will let you go anywhere in the civvie world, so don't listen to them.

Now, I think the question you have to ask is: "which degree would let me do a job I'd be interested in doing in the civvie world?" As anyone will tell you, the degree you take in university shouldn't be something you do because maybe you'll get a specific job. It should be something you enjoy and are interested in fully. Don't go for your second choice because there's a possibility you'd make more money.

So the answer to your question? Whichever degree you enjoy the most.

As for how easy it is to change... In first year, it's quite easy and is almost a formality. As you progress, however, it gets a lot harder, because there are mandatory classes for each degree that will be difficult to fill if you decide in third year that sciences aren't for you.

I suggest you talk to people you know about the pros and cons of each degree and go into RMC with a clear idea of what you want. It's feasible to change degrees after first year, but it might be hard.

And one can switch from art to a science degree as well? Considering one has the marks or requirements.
Thanks.

joshi said:
And one can switch from art to a science degree as well? Considering one has the marks or requirements.
Thanks.

I haven't heard of it done, and I don't think it would be as "easy" as switching from science to arts, but I wouldn't rule it all. A science/engineering (same thing in first year) degree is quite difficult (so is an arts degree) and it's designed to be done in four years. It's probably possible to switch, but it would be hard.

For this one though, don't take my word as gospel--I'm just basing myself on what little information I have.

Have you heard of people doing double majors or is that not allowed if one was under a contract?

joshi said:
Have you heard of people doing double majors or is that not allowed if one was under a contract?

There are some people doing double majors, though it's not very common. There have been, however, people doing one Engineering or Science major along with an Arts major. Keep in mind though, a double major is very hard. It's an option you'll have.

If you plan on taking the science and arts course, I'd suggest you go into RMC taking the science curiculum, and tack on an arts major on top of that (or a minor--much easier). It won't be easy, but I've heard of people doing it, so it's possible.

Personally, I plan on doing a double major, but with two arts majors. It's not as easy as the "normal" major-minor combination, but I've never been one for easy things. Heck, that's why I joined up for this outfit!

Hello;

As I understand, ROTP selection board has sat and offers are being sent out beginning today (3 May 06).  Good luck to all those who've applied.

Kenny out

Back