• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Politics in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
jollyjacktar said:
Nice banker speak there... sounds like removing money from the source I spoke of nevertheless.

Banker speak.

And people PM me about my tone (oh here it comes)

:facepalm:

Good2Golf said:
RAFG, I think that was exactly what PuckChaser was referring to.  There hasn't been a single year where the K-Rock Centre has come anywhere close to the business case revenue that it was pitched to City Council for its approval.  :nod:

Regards,
G2G

Yep. The businesses as well. Never see anyone in them, but they're still open selling top end fashions that no one can afford. Slowly they close, and nobody moves in because the rent is run by a monopoly and stupid expensive. Pretty downtown, does nothing.

jollyjacktar said:
Nice banker speak there... sounds like removing money from the source I spoke of nevertheless.
You know, if I had a buck for every time I had to explain that one, I'd have retired five years ago instead of last month.  OSFI has the legal mandate to determine the government's liability for all of the pension plans (PSSA, CFSA, RCMPSA et al) and back in the day, OSFI told the government that the amount carried on the government's books for said pension plans exceeded what the projected liability, i.e. payouts, was going to be.  The government did what any sane entity would do and adjusted the liability to better reflect the actuarial projections.  Carrying a book surplus (not actual money!) in those accounts makes exactly zero sense since our pensions are determined by a fixed formula and can only be modified via an Act of Parliament to sweeten the terms.  The canard that the government 'stole' from our pension plans needs to be shot down by some cyanide coated buckshot because it just refuses to die.  Mind you, the unions didn't help - but then I don't expect them to be able to count past ten without removing shoes and socks.  (P.S. before anyone flames me for being ignorant, I was the principal CFSA analyst in CMP back in the day who answered all of your and Treasury Board's questions when it came to military pensions...)

Well, we're getting what was promised ... and then some.

Put me somewhere on the spectrum between unimpressed and dismayed.

There are some good people on that Liberal front bench ... I'm a bit surprised they (including Bill Morneau) are still there this evening.

Support for DND by the Liberals is truly a mile wide and inch deep. $30B deficit and we get $200M over 2 years for infrastructure, as well as $3.7B in deferred capital funding (something the Tories were vilified for doing). Less than 1 page in a 200 page budget document dedicated to one of the single largest departments in the government. So much for diverting money to help the RCN get ships.

It is interesting reading the various Canadian newspapers and seeing what they think of the budget.

PuckChaser said:
Support for DND by the Liberals is truly a mile wide and inch deep. $30B deficit and we get $200M over 2 years for infrastructure, as well as $3.7B in deferred capital funding (something the Tories were vilified for doing). Less than 1 page in a 200 page budget document dedicated to one of the single largest departments in the government. So much for diverting money to help the RCN get ships.

IMO and other more qualified people have said this so its only me repeating it:

Remember Peacekeeping, where UN Peacekeepers held hands with warring people and chatted over tea, or coffee?

Peacekeeping doesn't require fancy jets or ships with missiles and guns. All it requires are a few lightly armed troops and a freindly personality and maybe a few leprechauns and unicorns... to make the opposing factions see the error of their ways....

PuckChaser said:
ah, but the CBC gets 675 million.  See what happens when you advertise for libs for free?

I am sure they'll ensure everyone gets issued a personal kazoo so we can all play Kumbaya en mass and sooth the savage breast.  And Birkenstock sandals too.

jollyjacktar said:
I am sure they'll ensure everyone gets issued a personal kazoo so we can all play Kumbaya en mass and sooth the savage breast.  And Birkenstock sandals too.

I don't like Birkenstocks.....

jollyjacktar said:
The funding for the kazoos and Birkenstocks has been differed indefinitely, so you'll have to buy them yourself.

jollyjacktar said:

Sorry.  Birkenstocks are considered footwear.  Not going to happen.

Making our CAF sound like they are becoming a 3rd World African nation's military.

George Wallace said:
Making our CAF sound like they are becoming a 3rd World African nation's military.
Which would make us perfect for UN missions.  Feature, not bug under the current administration  >:D

PuckChaser said:
The funding for the kazoos and Birkenstocks has been differed indefinitely, so you'll have to buy them yourself.
Like boots for some recruits?

Good2Golf said:
RAFG, I think that was exactly what PuckChaser was referring to.  There hasn't been a single year where the K-Rock Centre has come anywhere close to the business case revenue that it was pitched to City Council for its approval.  :nod:

Regards,
G2G

And the city had a chance a couple of years ago to sell off the K-Rock and they turned it down and Kingstonians are still paying for its shortfalls.

milnews.ca said:
Like boots for some recruits?

The Afghans had sandals, we donated boots, now they issue boots. We had boots, screwed up the procurement, now are troops wear sandals.

Canada's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back