• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Politics in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
cavalryman said:
The partisan mind is a fabulous thing.  I hope  for the sake of the country you're right but I stopped believing in any political party's ability to rise above petty partisanship about the time I stopped believing general officers were all seeing and all knowing.  [:D

I love Canada, Love democracy, and love the Fact I can support the Party of my choice, Liberals.

Party partisanship is the fundamentals of democracy, and I served so we can have it.

The danger is when we try to oppress that, and follow one belief.......

Canada does not need to be "Grate" again, because we never lost it!  ;)

John Tescione said:
I love Canada, Love democracy, and love the Fact I can support the Party of my choice, Liberals.

Party partisanship is the fundamentals of democracy, and I served so we can have it.

The danger is when we try to oppress that, and follow one belief.......

Canada does not need to be "Grate" again, because we never lost it!  ;)
I just wish I could find a party I can support, but I suppose the Sound Administration and Limited Government Party of Canada doesn't have much curb appeal.  :dunno:

cavalryman said:
The partisan mind is a fabulous thing.  I hope  for the sake of the country you're right but I stopped believing in any political party's ability to rise above petty partisanship about the time I stopped believing general officers were all seeing and all knowing.  [:D

You mean ... right after BMOQ  :hellyeah:

cavalryman said:
I just wish I could find a party I can support, but I suppose the Sound Administration and Limited Government Party of Canada doesn't have much curb appeal.  :dunno:

You could always fire up the Natural Law Party of Canada.

:-\

John Tescione said:
You should know, sucking at the teet of the Koolaid makers themselves the Conservatives/Reformists we have suffered under the last decade.  Sorry your cup is empty now.  oh wait, gotta put an emoji so you don't feel sad.  ;)

Its real sad when someone accomplishes posting less coherent arguments than Kilo, but here we are. The smugness is perfect. How did you live with yourself for the last 10 years? A bunker? Throwing knives at a picture of Stephen Harper in a dark basement in downtown Toronto? Maybe you moved to the US to enjoy the great progressive leader Obama to shelter you from the bad man.

John Tescione said:
Bwahahaha, well said well said!!

:blotto:
True story.  When I was in high school, my prof happened to mention that her colleague teaching in the classroom next door was the Rhino Party candidate for our riding.  Of course, we immediately ran out of class to see what a genuine Rhino Party man looked like.  Turns out he looked like any high school teacher, but he did pass out some neat Rhino Party stuff.  I might still have some of it in a dusty barracks box hidden in the basement.  Time to revive the old banner!  [:p

PuckChaser said:
Its real sad when someone accomplishes posting less coherent arguments than Kilo, but here we are. The smugness is perfect. How did you live with yourself for the last 10 years? A bunker? Throwing knives at a picture of Stephen Harper in a dark basement in downtown Toronto? Maybe you moved to the US to enjoy the great progressive leader Obama to shelter you from the bad man.

How endearing,

Coming from someone, who's only contribution was "That Kool-Aid must be awesome stuff."  I don't find your posts on this thread really to be contributing in any way, other to antagonize me.

Edmund Burke once said "Superstition is the religion of feeble minds."

Very useful today if you replace Superstition, with Trolling.........

I remember how the Chretien gang balanced the deficit, by robbing from the CF pensions.

John Tescione said:
I know,

The New Government inherited quite the mess to burden, and try to clean up!

:nod:

Well they had no problem cleaning up that billion $ plus the Treasury Board said the CPC left them ::)

Their idea of cleanup is to simply reverse all Harper's programs and legislation to bring it back to where the Laurentian Elites left it. The last ten years have only been a distraction, even if it's what a majority government with the peoples mandate instituted on their behalf.

The 'Natural Governing Party' seems to feel they are the only ones that can rule us......................and we'll be happy about it ::)

recceguy said:
Well they had no problem cleaning up that billion $ plus the Treasury Board said the CPC left them ::)

Their idea of cleanup is to simply reverse all Harper's programs and legislation to bring it back to where the Laurentian Elites left it. The last ten years have only been a distraction, even if it's what a majority government with the peoples mandate instituted on their behalf.

The 'Natural Governing Party' seems to feel they are the only ones that can rule us......................and we'll be happy about it ::)

Bwahahahahahaha

:rofl:

And Puckchaser talks about Koolaid!!!!!

jollyjacktar said:
I remember how the Chretien gang balanced the deficit, by robbing from the CF pensions.

No.

An actuarial surplus was removed.  No benefits were denied, reduced, or changed.  And the government of Canada remains on the hook for any shortfalls in the plan.

jollyjacktar said:

.....and Canada Pension and Employment Insurance. Easy to balance things when you steal from funds that belong to the Canadian people.

dapaterson said:
No.

An actuarial surplus was removed.  No benefits were denied, reduced, or changed.  And the government of Canada remains on the hook for any shortfalls in the plan.
Stop being the voice of reason.  It introduces a downer into a good political rant  ;D

dapaterson said:
No.

Time to report you to a mod for inserting a fact.

Retired AF Guy said:
And don't forget the K-Rock Centre!!

RAFG, I think that was exactly what PuckChaser was referring to.  There hasn't been a single year where the K-Rock Centre has come anywhere close to the business case revenue that it was pitched to City Council for its approval.  :nod:

Regards,
G2G

dapaterson said:
No.

Nice banker speak there... sounds like removing money from the source I spoke of nevertheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back