• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
George Wallace said:
Who here doesn't have a naval to gaze at from time to time?  

Um, this may be a silly question, but if your eyes at navel gazing level, then would'nt your mouth be at..... never mind. Guess I'm just home alone too much  >:D

Or is there some other meaning to this ambiguously stimulating quote?

5 negatives now ... I must be really important!    ;)    Well, whatever.  Have fun with it.

Read my post above I suggested we PM the promote/demote tag to the receiver who did it then the fun would start. I would suggest that anyone who does not PM the receiver is a bit of a coward, challenge is out!

Paracowboy I demoted you once. :salute:

I now remember why they went away in the first place...  ::)

I suggest that we have some sort of system of ranks.

+10 promoted to Cpl
+ 30 promoted to MCpl

This way, I can one day have a thin ray of hope that I can be promoted, if only on army.ca  :D

I think the ratings are all in good fun.  I'll personally be offended if I get any positive ratings.  But wait...

The tables have just turned...

This is my 25th post and In the words of some famous half naked skeleton fighting dude,

"I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!"

Disclaimer: I may not actually have the power if more than 25 posts actually means more than 25 posts...

GO!!! said:
I suggest that we have some sort of system of ranks.

+10 promoted to Cpl
+ 30 promoted to MCpl

This way, I can one day have a thin ray of hope that I can be promoted, if only on army.ca  :D

Sure, and then we can implement Officer ranks to account for those with negative ratings.  ;D

That must be why I have the most demotions sure fits my old rank...I feel better now. ;D

Sh0rtbUs said:
Sure, and then we can implement Officer ranks to account for those with negative ratings.   ;D

Sheer brilliance + 1 for you!  ;D

SO thats why I'm only at -2, I'm an officer cadet :D I best start getting myself negative ratings...  ;)

Honestly I can see this becoming a buddies who like buddies, promoting budddies OR or buddies teaming up to knife others theme. This can only discredit some or falsely promote others.
Lets let the posters posts speak for themselves.

Best Wishes

Personally, I think it's a pretty ingenious idea.  It's kinda neat to be able to take a look at the ratings and see where people stand amongst the folks here on this site.

Cheers

This is another example of Army.ca mirroring the CF, in that I have noticed a trend towards peer-assessment on several courses within the last few years.   The Corey Graham Peer Leadership Award in Wainwright is a good example.  

It is true that some individuals may use this opportunity to play high school type games, but I believe the majority will vote fairly and with good reason.

It will be interesting to see how this all turns out.

Peer assassination is nothing new to the CF and I remember it being used on my BOTC in 1988.

HEY LOOK!!

I haven't posted ANYTHING since the new system and I still got a -1!  I guess someone was harboring resentment  ::)

LOL - It happens to the best of us. I got a bunch of negatives, and haven't posted much as of late...  Don't take them too seriously  :)

Hell, some of us like being negated, some kind of latent sado-masochistic tendencies.

Oh yeah...negate me baby..

LOL..

I guess I will take that approach as I now see my negatives mounting up.

I kinda thing it is a silly system as it is obviously being abused when I have written little of consequence in order to be shunned. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back