• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Release: oblig service and PATA Lve

lpcustom

Inactive
Reaction score
Good morning,

I am looking at a medical release in the near future. I am currently on a PATA Lve which ends in June. I also have oblig service because of education subsidy. My question is:
1) Does there need to be 5 moths of service after a PATA Lve to avoid top up claw-backs or does the medical release nullify that?
2) Does the oblig service need to be paid back or the same as above?

Any help is appreciated!

Not sure of the DAOD ref but I just looked this up the other day.

To para phrase the ref:  "The purpose of obligatory service to prevent a member for submitting a voluntary release" Or words to that effect.  So if you are releasing medically, then you are clear.

Go talk to your release section section.  They are the experts.

Thank you, might you be able to direct me to the general area that would talk about PATA Lve regulations and release? I havent been able to find anything myself, I think the release section Sgt is away as I have tried to make contact. I'm impatient I guess...

Try DAOD 5001-2 for MATA/PATA and DAOD 5049-1 for Obligatory service.  You can find the DAODs with a Google search.

Just an update in case anyone is wondering. Upon medical release (3a or b) Mbrs are under no financial obligations with regard to PATA or subsidised education.

Back