• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve/ Reg Force Infantry

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithKe

Inactive
Reaction score
I realise that reg force infantry is next to impossible to get into right now. I was wondering if joining a reserve infantry unit would make it easier to get in. Whether that be when they re-open or not.

And if I did joing a reserve infantry unit (specifically The Royal New Brunswick Regiment) What is the chance of me actually getting on an infantry course (I'm imagining they are pretty full up what with all the reg force guys)

Firstly, Reg and Res infantry do not normally attend the same BMQ or Basic Infantry courses. (The possibility is slim enough that i would have simply said "do not", but someone can probably come up with the one exception.)

Next, Component transfers from Res to Reg do occur regularly (which is not the same as frequently). Depending on service requirements they can be a fast or slow process - what it will be like if you reach that point no-one here can predict.

Reg F infantry is closed; most Res F units have very few vacancies for new troops - right now you could wait as long to join the Res as you might for the Reg F - BUT, this will depend on local recruiting.

If you are interested in either option - GO TALK TO A RECRUITER, they can tell you your best options in your area.

Ah I wasn't aware reserve groups did there own courses. Is the quality of the courses put on by the reserves as good as it would be in the reg force? For some reason I thinkĀ  it would not be.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will call up the nearest infantry reserves ( which for lucky ol me are only one province away haha.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back