• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Return of the Army Forage Cap?

Yeah, it's one snib you guys don't need. So obviously somebody with way more enthusiasm than common sense will start a drive to bring it back, along with pips and crowns. Ooops, another kitten just keeled over.

Old Sweat said:
Yeah, it's one snib you guys don't need. So obviously somebody with way more enthusiasm than common sense will start a drive to bring it back, along with pips and crowns. Ooops, another kitten just keeled over.
19th Alberta Dragoons, fall - IN!

Old Sweat said:
--- Quote from: eurowing on Today at 14:34:18 ---QL3 Shilo in early 76. "Get rid of that snib (Cap, Forage) ! We'll get one from supply if you need one for your coffin!"

Ubique

--- End quote ---
Side issue: I have not heard "snib" used for decades. It used to be in common use in 4 RCHA for just about anything. For example, "let's go to the canteen for a couple of snibs" or "go on over to the BQ and get some snibs so we can scrim this cam net."
OK, forget the forage cap, I'm bringing back "snibs". :)

medicineman said:
Mario - GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

That is all I have to say about that.

MM

Just joking here, but it's hard to imagine this old soldier minus his:
http://www.canadiansoldiers.com/history/wars/Macarthur.jpg

mariomike said:
Just joking here, but it's hard to imagine this old soldier minus his:
http://www.canadiansoldiers.com/history/wars/Macarthur.jpg

He was American. They deserve to wear the Forge Cap. ;D

It's been alluded to before, but let me come right out and say it.  If soldiers really don't want forage caps, then perhaps they should start making sure that a good number of you start looking professional in berets.  Before the dogpile starts, you know who I'm talking about.  Many soldiers look professional, but there are more than just a few who wear the same grease-stained threadbare beret with a tattered badge both in the field and on parade.  Maybe the good idea fairies will leave well enough alone when they don't have a reason to impose a particular piece of headgear simply to ensure that soldiers have something clean to wear.  >:D

Pusser said:
....start making sure that a good number of you start looking professional in berets.
OK, OK, berets have never been General Devlin's strong suit  ;)

Pusser said:
It's been alluded to before, but let me come right out and say it.  If soldiers really don't want forage caps, then perhaps they should start making sure that a good number of you start looking professional in berets.  Before the dogpile starts, you know who I'm talking about.  Many soldiers look professional, but there are more than just a few who wear the same grease-stained threadbare beret with a tattered badge both in the field and on parade.  Maybe the good idea fairies will leave well enough alone when they don't have a reason to impose a particular piece of headgear simply to ensure that soldiers have something clean to wear.  >:D

Ahoy matey, pot this is kettle.

Not just soldiers. I've seen more than a couple of swabbies that haven't got a clue on how to take care of my beloved black beret, whether it be the condition or the simple shaping and wearing of it.

recceguy said:

Not just soldiers. I've seen more than a couple of swabbies that haven't got a clue on how to take care of my beloved black beret, whether it be the condition or the simple shaping and wearing of it.

I knew when Pusser wrote that the recoil would be swift! It is true though, I have seen some nasty pizza cutters in Her Majesty's Dockyard. lol I say Forage Caps for all!  >:D >:D

Halifax Tar said:
I knew when Pusser wrote that the recoil would be swift! It is true though, I have seen some nasty pizza cutters in Her Majesty's Dockyard. lol I say Forage Caps for all!  >:D >:D

Nah.  Ball caps for sailors; old-school robin-hood style bush caps for soldiers, and bareheads, hands in pockets for that other service.

So at least for the air force, no change.

Yep...I remember still having to wear the AF blue wedge with Cadpats back in Trenton.  You could almost hear them CPC  folks' teeth just a grindin'.!! 

dapaterson said:
Nah.  Ball caps for sailors; old-school robin-hood style bush caps for soldiers, and bareheads, hands in pockets for that other service.

So at least for the air force, no change.

You sir have a deal!  ;D

recceguy said:

Screw their berets - how about their uniforms...should they be able to actually fit into them  ;D.

Discuss.  >:D

MM

medicineman said:
Screw their berets - how about their uniforms...should they be able to actually fit into them  ;D.

MM

Are we discussing the Navy or the Armoured Corps?

krustyrl said:
Yep...I remember still having to wear the AF blue wedge with Cadpats back in Trenton.  You could almost hear them CPC  folks' teeth just a grindin'.!!

You could also hear allot of AF people's teeth grinding too. Thankfully, the wearing of wedge in CADPAT came to a swift end.

medicineman said:

MM

Of course, in the day, that is one reason we kept the "Sail Makers".

George Wallace said:
Of course, in the day, that is one reason we kept the "Sail Makers".

I recall seeing a Capt in a maternity crew suit in the early 1990s.  There was no question why he needed it.

dapaterson said:
I recall seeing a Capt in a maternity crew suit in the early 1990s.  There was no question why he needed it.

Like the Champ would say: " I says PARRDONN?" ;D

I've seen folk like that before.......

dapaterson said:
Are we discussing the Navy or the Armoured Corps?

Touche...but I was talking about the Navy.  I might add, though, the folks I work with fit well into their uniforms...

MM

recceguy said:

Well Kettle, this only supports my point that sailors should not be wearing berets with service dress.  By the way, in the Navy, our berets are navy blue, not black (I don't care what the silly label says- it's the same colour as my tunic; therefore, it is navy BLUE).

Back