• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

Sorry if it offended. Got rid of the bad words, but I honestly didn't think that the synonym for gluteus maximus would be flagged.

Oh not offended, just seemed really out of place.    "I kicked that exam's @$$" could also be "I did really well on that exam" 

Just having a grumpy day and needed to pee in someone's cornflakes....turned out to be yours haha.

No hard feelings I hope.

Interview and first medical done yesterday. It went very well and I'm now cleared for the next steps in the selection process. Since I'm applying for pilot, I have to go see an optometrist for some more tests and get a blood test. Once this is done, the next step is ASC Trenton.

I was well prepared for the interview and it was easier than I expected. Knowing inside out the selection process, the training and the operational job of a pilot and an officer helped a lot.

Good luck to everyone

Hey Thousand,

That's unfortunate regarding your math. Get that math course under your belt and apply again. It's quite obvious that you want ROTP. Use this time to make your application even more competitive as well! I hope it works out for! Good luck.

P.S. Why would you get a camaro at 17? Get a car that's good on gas! Lol

I have my own CFAT this coming Thursday. I am using this weekend to do practice tests and prepare as best I can. I need to do well or it's over for this year, and maybe next year too! :(

The anxiety is building! But I am determined to best this challenge! 

Yeah, I'm going to take full advantage of this opportunity to improve myself as a candidate. I took a few steps back, had a look at myself and realized that I wouldn't hire me, either.

In addition to those courses, I'm going to work on some leadership experience as well. I live in a very small community that is out of the municipality of Masset on Tow Hill rd, and although we do have brand new pumps for fires, we don't have anyone who knows how to use them. The Masset Fire Chief is a good friend of mine and he said that he'd teach me how to use/maintain the equipment, and hopefully, I can start up a small Volunteer Fire Department for some leadership experience.

That sounds like a great idea. Volunteer firefighters are highly respected, and if you were to form the volunteer branch yourself in your town, that would be even more respectable in my opinion. Hope that works out for you!

I started coaching a hockey team in September and that has been a great experience for me. If you're interested in hockey that is perhaps something you may want to look into for leadership experience.

trampbike said:
Interview and first medical done yesterday. It went very well and I'm now cleared for the next steps in the selection process. Since I'm applying for pilot, I have to go see an optometrist for some more tests and get a blood test. Once this is done, the next step is ASC Trenton.

Do you go to any old optometrist in your home town? I am applying for pilot also, and I am wondering if I can go to the optometrist for the extra testing and do the blood testing before I have my medical. I am getting my blood tested this week coming up anyways, so I figure if I can get it tested for the reason I already need it tested, as well as for the military at the same time, that would be a bonus. And if I can get the extra eye testing done early as well as the blood tests, then that just serves to get everything I need in earlier.

Speaking only from experience, I would wait until I have the paperwork in hand to get the eye exam done. That way you can be sure nothing is missing and the eye doctor can fill it out right then and there. I know it's a little bit more than a standard eye exam (I know they at least put those sketchy drops in your eyes... I looked stoned for, like, two days the second time), so just be sure that they can do all the parts. Might not hurt to make an appointment somewhere that you know does it all though.
As for the blood work, you could always ask your doctor if you can have a copy of it. No idea if it could be used, but you could certainly ask.

As usual, take this with a grain of salt.

I agree with X2012, I was given a document for my optometrist to fill out after I completed my medical in 09. Hopefully I do not need to make another trip after my next medical because I got iLasik done yesterday!  ;D

Whaaat Thousand that sucks man,
So guys I did my CFAT and Medical 1/2 on the 19th with Thousand at the CFRC New West. And I must say I was far more nervous than I should've been, of course the test had difficult elements. But I had over worked myself, the best advice I've heard and will give is to grab a math 10 textbook and quiz yourself. Just be calm and don't get to nervous. Also I was surprised to find that they reimbursed us for our travel, and gave us lunch money as well which.

So good luck to all you, and best of luck to you Thousand, it was good meeting you man.

pudd13 said:
Do you go to any old optometrist in your home town? I am applying for pilot also, and I am wondering if I can go to the optometrist for the extra testing and do the blood testing before I have my medical. I am getting my blood tested this week coming up anyways, so I figure if I can get it tested for the reason I already need it tested, as well as for the military at the same time, that would be a bonus. And if I can get the extra eye testing done early as well as the blood tests, then that just serves to get everything I need in earlier.

After my interview they gave me the paper for the optometrist and the blood test. I was told it was the only optometrist I could see. I don't know if it's like that for every recruiting center (I'm in Montréal). My pupils are still wide opened because of the dilating drops. Yesterday I was not even able to read or to use my cellphone. Today, I only need sunglasses to go outside. I look funny thought  :D.

Yeah I kind of figured that would be how it is. It wouldn't make sense that an applicant could do the more advanced medical testing before the general medical testing that every applicant has to do. So I'll just wait it out, and get my arm poked twice instead of once :p And yes, I am sure it does seem pretty goofy to have your eyes dilated for that long. Can't wait.....  ::)

Hey everyone,

I have my CFAT this Thursday. I am quite nervous! If I do not pass then I will not be able to complete my application this year, and possibly ever! :S! This is what I want though, I have to get through this! Hopefully I will be booking my medical and interview that day as well.

I also need to update some information on my application forms as somethings have changed since the date I wrote them.

How is everyone else doing?

Good luck on the CFAT nairna, just stay positive and get a good night sleep.

For me I am done everything that can be done, so just a whole lot of waiting around.

nairna said:
Thank you hockey2010. How did all your steps go?

All of my steps went really smoothly. When I handed in my application I got a call two days later for the CFAT, medical, and interview for two weeks from that call. So it was all really fast, almost too fast.

Back