• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this doesn't help the OP at all but I will say this.

If I was earning a living wage as I went to university for free, the absolute last thing I would want to do is wear a uniform every day. Enjoy your time there (should you be selected for civvy U ROTP), you will have plenty of time in your future career to wear green/navy blue/crab blue.

If you are that hell-bent on wearing a uniform every day then as others stated, apply for RMC.

Pretty sure he doesn't want to wear a uniform at a Civ U, hence the question.

Ya the reason I ask is because RMC is my top choice and I am just looking at my different options. Also if anyone could tell me the main occupational doorways that taking a mechanical engineering degree would open I would really appreciate it!

GmacD16 said:
Ya the reason I ask is because RMC is my top choice and I am just looking at my different options. Also if anyone could tell me the main occupational doorways that taking a mechanical engineering degree would open I would really appreciate it!

If you haven't researched what occupations taking a mechanical engineering degree would lead to, you should probably go do that now.  We aren't mommy and daddy around here.

Hatchet man has it right. Being an officer means being able to display initiative. It's one of the qualities they'll be looking for, and if you have no idea what you want to do in the forces, you're still far away from actually making the cut as an applicant.

alistairwhite1 said:
Hey everyone, new guy here.  I'm applying for MARS at RMC as well, I've had  my application in since September and my transcripts into rmc since mid October.  Seeing everybody who's already done their CFAT's and physical fitness tests already is making me a little nervous because I haven't heard anything since October.
Is there still a good chance of getting processed in the new year, or have I most likely been thrown on the "try again" pile?

Doesn't sound quite right.  Are you sure you followed all the directions provided when you submitted your documents to RMC?

Chances are, something is missing...

See my previous post ---->  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/111313/post-1277734.html#msg1277734

a.schamb said:
Have an update! Academic Assessment complete, CFAT scheduled for this Friday!

Nice, good luck! I'm still waiting on my academic assessment. I submitted my transcripts/questionnaire on Dec. 5th.

EDIT:
I Just called my CFRC and found out that I passed the academic assessment! On to the interview now...

StudentPilot23 said:
Good luck man! Glad to hear your application is moving along!

Thanks, feeling pretty good about it. Did you have any last-minute prep tricks?

went into the recruiting center center on wed for status update.
They asked if I was sure that I have not received email or call for scheduling CFAT, which i haven't.
Heard recruiter read something with other recruiter and said found suitable for ROTP updated mid Dec  :facepalm:
Though understandable since they were closed few days after for Christmas and such.

As a reminder:
I require pre sec check so this so far seems to have not done much to slow me down so far.

a.schamb said:
Thanks, feeling pretty good about it. Did you have any last-minute prep tricks?

I just did more math problems and aptitude tests. I also went to bed early. That's pretty much all you can do to prepare! Good luck!

I Called North Bay virtual recruiting centre and talked to a recruiter regarding my application, as the RMC admission office directed me to do so.
I was worried of not receiving any call since I submitted my application on Nov, 23rd, 2013.

Although I received the confirmation email after I submitted the academic questionnaire, the recruiter says the RMC never received my application....wow...
there was no data found that they received my academic questionnaire as I told them my applicant number...surprised..

So I am re-submitting my application today, and I recommend those who did not receive any reply should call AT LEAST 1 time..

Thanks for reading..

Fiji_Boy_ said:
I Called North Bay virtual recruiting centre and talked to a recruiter regarding my application, as the RMC admission office directed me to do so.
I was worried of not receiving any call since I submitted my application on Nov, 23rd, 2013.
Although I received the confirmation email after I submitted the academic questionnaire, the recruiter says the RMC never received my application....wow...
there was no data found that they received my academic questionnaire as I told them my applicant number...surprised..
So I am re-submitting my application today, and I recommend those who did not receive any reply should call AT LEAST 1 time..
Thanks for reading..

That's not surprising, seeing as North Bay does NOT receive the "acknowledgement/notification" that your questionnaire and transcripts were uploaded to the RMC Portal.  All North Bay gets nowadays, is your initial application to the CF and then the Academic Suitability Assessment results.

Nevertheless, I can't see it hurting to upload them a second time just to be safe!

DAA said:
That's not surprising, seeing as North Bay does NOT receive the "acknowledgement/notification" that your questionnaire and transcripts were uploaded to the RMC Portal.  All North Bay gets nowadays, is your initial application to the CF and then the Academic Suitability Assessment results.

Nevertheless, I can't see it hurting to upload them a second time just to be safe!

Thank you Sir for the reply and clarification! :D yes, I applied again  :nod:  have a good day, sir.

I'm not sure if I should upload to transcripts I have to the RMC site (which includes my first semester of college), or if I should wait for my latest transcript to come in the mail (which has my 2nd semester) to upload and send my application because that transcript probably won't come in for another week

SJRubio said:
I'm not sure if I should upload to transcripts I have to the RMC site (which includes my first semester of college), or if I should wait for my latest transcript to come in the mail (which has my 2nd semester) to upload and send my application because that transcript probably won't come in for another week

I'd put in the older transcript now as you can't 100% guarantee the new one will arrive on time. If the second semester has significantly better marks on it I believe there is a way to update RMC with the new one.

Wrote the CFAT today, qualified for all trades. Interview and medical scheduled for the 23rd!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back