• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Seriously concerned over med release process

Milli

Reaction score
Just got word I’m being medically released, along with many others, should be a 3B. I understand you are guaranteed 75-90% of pay for two years through manulife depending on whether it’s a 3A or 3B release. Which is great. However I am absolutely terrified they are not going to acknowledge various mental issues & physical impairments, and send me back to the real world.
Which would be very very bad for me. I wouldn’t be able to do school, let alone have a career.
I’ve only seen PTSD approved for the totally disabled, in terms of mental issues, which I do not have. And I’m young, with a baby. Mid 20s. And everyone is telling me “you’re so young! You can do so much” and I’m scared VAC will say the same. I’m scared I will say the wrong things, or have to hide happy moments in my life in fear of being perceived as OK.
I was approved 45% disabled last year through one mental issue, still fighting through some physical issue claims. My medical file size is a solid book too.

I guess what I’m asking is for some insight about the end of the 2 years, hope that I won’t be fed to the wolves, experiences, anything.

Thanks for reading my novel.

Just got word I’m being medically released, along with many others, should be a 3B. I understand you are guaranteed 75-90% of pay for two years through manulife depending on whether it’s a 3A or 3B release. Which is great. However I am absolutely terrified they are not going to acknowledge various mental issues & physical impairments, and send me back to the real world.
Which would be very very bad for me. I wouldn’t be able to do school, let alone have a career.
I’ve only seen PTSD approved for the totally disabled, in terms of mental issues, which I do not have. And I’m young, with a baby. Mid 20s. And everyone is telling me “you’re so young! You can do so much” and I’m scared VAC will say the same. I’m scared I will say the wrong things, or have to hide happy moments in my life in fear of being perceived as OK.
I was approved 45% disabled last year through one mental issue, still fighting through some physical issue claims. My medical file size is a solid book too.

I guess what I’m asking is for some insight about the end of the 2 years, hope that I won’t be fed to the wolves, experiences, anything.

Thanks for reading my novel.
Mid 20’s? So, less than 10 years service? Not an expert, but I think your entitlements will be less. Go to a scan seminar and ask questions….

That is the best advice you will get - SCAN, especially the medical part and ask lots of questions. Hell, if you think of it ask, don't worry about what anyone else may think or what the answer might be as it is too important. You need to know. Don't rely on what others have gone through either, what bloggins experienced 4 years ago does not carry forward to today with changes happening over the years.

Now my personal point - you have a family, keep them in the loop rather than trying to go through everything on your own. They may even catch things that you don't think of.

Best of luck.

Back