• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So Who's Got The New Bayonet?

:eek:

Man even I despise at lot of the NDHQ procurement / DLR / Soldier Systems types - but I would NEVER state that they are all crooks - maybe a few - and some just dumb, others have retired on active duty and just don't care - other are desperately trying despite lack of money and apathy elsewhere.

*edit for spelling (despise not despite)

i modifiyed my comment....i dont actully have my normal comp here to quote from the memo i saw afew yrs ago...i retract my statement b/c i cant give the specfic examples nescarry to make that kind of comment...sorry bout that
cheers

Now you just got to get Mr O'Leary to edit his post where he quoted yours ;)

KevinB said:
Your forced to centre mount it?

I haven't played around with it yet, but I think so. I don't like it where it is now, but I drive around in a SUV, having it mounted behind one of the large pockets on the TV would get in the way.

don't mount it behind the utility pouch on the TV, mount it horizontally above the pouch. It presents a cross-draw and is convenient as hell, but also gets it out of the way. Give it a try. It works beautifully for me.

Of course Kev.   Come on over to Jurassic Park someday.   I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be no confusing 1 and 2 VP in Oct. :'(

Can you pop a picture of the bayonet mounted horizontally?

Okay, I mounted it above the left side pouch, thanks paracowboy! It attached easily and seems very secure there, and I can still access my utility pouch...  next step is to try it out driving, but it doesn't look like it will be a problem...

Bomber, pic will follow...

Mike_R23A said:
next step is to try it out driving, but it doesn't look like it will be a problem...
I didn't have a problem, but then I wasn't driving for 8 hours with a full cbt load. If it don't work, you can publicly call me a dumb@ss, and I will apologize.

So does anyone know when or what the scale of issue is on this new bayonet?

but hey i know whos not getting it, TF 1-06 because theres a shortage already and i am sure wwe can all guess who has them and who doesn't............ :threat:

Hey I dont like them -- but I always wonder why the 031 trade gets stuff last.

It always seems to be SVC BN types first...

Dig that picture, mine has just been showed its new home.

If you wanted to be really creative, you could mount your two extra pouches right behind the pouch you have on there, one on each side, and they would be under the bayonet, you need to use your Gerber to get the webbing threaded on, but once it is on, it ain't moving, and you effectively double your load carrying ability.

Back