• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SPECIAL VOLUNTARY OCCUPATION TRANSFER PROGRAM (SVOTP) FOR 00010 INFMN

Grunt_031

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
CANFORGEN 060/10 CMP 026/10 051349Z MAR 10
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE SPECIAL VOLUNTARY OCCUPATION TRANSFER PROGRAM (SVOTP) FOR 00010 INFMN
UNCLASSIFIED

REFS: A. ADM (HR-MIL) INSTRUCTION 05/05 NEW TERMS OF SERVICE (TOS)
B. MOSID ENTRY EDUCATION STANDARDS - HTTP://HR.OTTAWA-HULL.MIL.CA/DGMP/DPGP/ENGRAPH/REPORTS/EDUSTD(UNDERSCORE SIGN)E.ASP(QUESTION MARK)SEC(EQUAL SIGN)5(AND SIGN)CMPNT(EQUAL SIGN)REGF(AND SIGN)ORDER(EQUAL SIGN)TITLE(AND SIGN)SORT(EQUALSIGN)ASC
C. MINIMUM MEDICAL STANDARD - HTTP://HR.OTTAWA-HULL.MIL.CA/HEALTH-SANTE/PD/CFP-PFC-154/AN-E-ENG.ASP
D. DAOD 5023-2 PHYSICAL FITNESS PROGRAM
E. LFCO 24-02 PARA 13 PHYSICAL FITNESS
F. VOT APPLICATION FORM - HTTP://HR.OTTAWA-HULL.MIL.CA/DGMC/DOCS/PROGRAMS/ISS/CFAO(UNDERSCORE SIGN)11(UNDERSCORE SIGN)12(UNDERSCORE SIGN)APPLICATION(UNDERSCORE SIGN)FORM(UNDERSCORE SIGN)E.DOC
G. MP APPLICANT FORMS AND INFO PACKAGE - HTTP://HR.OTTAWA-HULL.MIL.CA/DGMC/ENGRAPH/INSERVICESELECTION(UNDERSCORE SIGN)E.ASP
H. A-MD-154-000/FP-000 APPENDIX 2, ANNEX D - HTTP://EDMONTON.MIL.CA/1SAQ/ASU(PERCENT)20WEB/BPSON/AN-DAPP4-TA651-ENG.PDG
I. CFAO 11-12

THIS MSG ANNOUNCES THE OPENING OF A SPECIAL VOLUNTARY OCCUPATION TRANSFER PROGRAM (SVOTP) FOR 00010 INFMN. ONLY THOSE INFMN MBRS WHO ARE QL3 (BQ3) QUALIFIED IN INFMN AND HOLD THE RANK OF PTE/CPL ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY

MOSID 00010 INFMN IS CURRENTLY OVER PREFERRED MANNING LEVEL (PML) AND ESTABLISHED ANNUAL OT PROGRAMS ARE NOT PROVIDING TIMELY RELIEF. IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE TARGET LEVELS, STREAMLINED PROCESSES ARE BEING PUT INTO PLACE THAT WILL ALLOW INFMN OPPORTUNITIES TO TRANSFER TO A BROAD SELECTION OF OCCUPATIONS. CONCURRENT WITH THE SVOTP, THE ARMY SIGNALS ATTRACTION TEAM (ASAT) WILL VISIT INFANTRY UNITS TO PROMOTE THE OCCUPATIONS OPEN WITHIN THIS BRANCH

ALTHOUGH NOT CLOSED TO IN-SERVICE AND EXTERNAL PROGRAMS, THE ARMY AND NAVY HAVE OPENED THE FOLLOWING PRIORITY OCCUPATIONS, WHICH ARE THEREFORE CONSIDERED QUOTE OPEN IN UNQUOTE:

00008 ARTYMN FD
00110 LCIS TECH
00129 VEH TECH
00327 EO TECH
00329 SIGNAL OP
00121 MAR ENG MECH
00017 NW TECH
00116 NE TECH(A)
00117 NE TECH(C)
00118 NE TECH(T) THESE OCCUPATIONS WILL NOT BE COMPETITIVE AND SELECTION WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS. PSOS NEED ONLY SUBMIT A LETTER INDICATING MBR S ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND THEIR RECOMMENDATION

IN AN EFFORT TO HELP BALANCE THE NUMBER OF INFMN, THE AIR FORCE HAS CLOSED THE FOLLOWING OCCUPATIONS TO BOTH IN SERVICE AND EXTERNAL PROGRAMS. THESE OCCUPATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED AS SECOND PRIORITY QUOTE OPEN IN UNQUOTE TO INFMN ONLY:

00137 IMAGE TECH
00149 FIRE FIGHTER (REQUIRES FIRE FIGHTER MEDICAL IAW REF G)
00301 RM TECH
00302 ED TECH
00303 EGS TECH
00304 PH TECH
00305 WFE TECH
00306 CONST TECH AS THESE OCCUPATIONS WILL BE COMPETITIVE, PSOS ARE TO PROCESS MEMBERS IAW PPD 102. ALL FILES ARE DUE TO THE LOCAL PSO OFFICE NLT 15 APR 10

IN ADDITION AND AS A THIRD PRIORITY, MBRS MAY APPLY FOR ALL OCCUPATIONS NOT LISTED ABOVE THAT ARE CURRENTLY OPEN ON THE MONTHLY REASSIGNMENT LIST AVAILABLE AT THE LOCAL PSO OFFICE. THE COMPETITION FOR THESE OCCUPATIONS WILL NOT BE COMPETITIVE AND SELECTION WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS. PSOS NEED ONLY SUBMIT A LETTER INDICATING MBR S ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND THEIR RECOMMENDATION

CANDIDATES WHO HAVE ALREADY APPLIED TO ONE OF THE ABOVE MOSIDS UNDER THE 2010/2011 AVOTP/COTP/LOTP DO NOT REQUIRE ANOTHER BPSO INTERVIEW FOR THE SVOTP AS THEIR APPLICATIONS WILL STILL BE CONSIDERED VALID FOR THIS PROGRAM. THEY ARE ONLY REQUIRED TO INDICATE TO D MIL C 7-3 VIA E-MAIL AT (PLUS) D MIL C 7 AT CMP D MIL CAT OTTAWA-HULL THAT THEY WISH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS PROGRAM

IAW REF A PARA 20 MBRS WHO ARE SELECTED FOR AN OCCUPATION TRANSFER AND DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME REMAINING ON THEIR CURRENT TERMS OF SERVICE (TOS) MUST ACCEPT A TOS OF SUFFICIENT LENGTH TO COMPLETE A RESTRICTED RELEASE DATE/PERIOD (RRD/P). THE TOS WILL BE DETERMINED BY DMCA 4. REFUSAL TO SIGN A NEW RRD/P WILL CANCEL THE OFFER OF SVOTP

SELECTED APPLICANTS WILL NO LONGER BELONG TO THEIR UNIT UPON EFFECTIVE DATE OF OCCUPATION TRANSFER AND WILL BE POSTED TO THE NEAREST BASIC TRAINING LIST (BTL) OF THEIR HOME BASE

APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA IAW REF I WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MINIMUM TIME AND INCLUDING MEETING THE FOLLOWING ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR EACH TARGET OCCUPATION:

CFAT CUT-OFF SCORE FOR TARGET OCCUPATION
MINIMUM EDUCATION STANDARDS IAW REF B
MEDICAL CATEGORY IAW REF C
PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST IAW REFS D AND E

THIS PROGRAM IS NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE AVOTP/COTP/LOTP WHICH WILL REMAIN OPEN DURING THE SVOTP WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE OCCUPATIONS LISTED IN PARA 4 OF THIS MSG

ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE PROCESSED BY THE LOCAL PSO IAW PPD102. THE OCCUPATION AUTHORITY (OA) REMAINS THE AUTHORITY TO CLOSE THIS PROGRAM AT ANY TIME

APPLICANTS MUST CHOOSE A MAXIMUM OF TWO OCCUPATIONS AND FORWARD THE AVOT APPLICATION FORM AT HTTP://HR.OTTAWA-HULL.MIL.CA/DGMC/DOCS/PROGRAMS/ISS/CFAO (UNDERSCORE)11(UNDERSCORE)12(UNDERSCORE)APPLICATION(UNDERSCORE)FORM( UNDERSCORE)E.DOC THROUGH THEIR CHAIN OF COMMAND

UNITS MUST SEND THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION TO D MIL C 7-3, MGEN GEORGE R. PEARKS BLDG, 101 COLONEL BY DRIVE, OTTAWA ONTARIO K1A 0K2

COMPLETED AND SIGNED VOT APPLICATION FORM
CF 285/LETTER AS APPLICABLE
UP TO DATE MPRR (NOT EMAA VERSION) DO NOT REPEAT DO NOT SEND MBR S PERS FILE AND/OR UER

PSOS ONLY ARE TO CONTACT CAPT P.D. TAYLOR, D MIL C 7-3, 613-995-6644 REGARDING POLICY AND SELECTION MATTERS. UNITS ARE TO CONTACT THEIR LOCAL PSO OFFICE CONCERNING POLICY AND SELECTION MATTERS

SIGNED BY MGEN W. SEMIANIW, CMP

not good news for all of us wanting to be infantry...

Interesting, I hadn't realized from last CM brief that LCIS was in the hurt.

Nope - not good for those looking to go infantry.

It doesn't necessarily mean LCIS is in the hurt, just that there is some room for new people.

CountDC said:
Nope - not good for those looking to go infantry.

How so?  This will cull the herd a bit (as it were), and in the medium term will mean openings in the Infantryman trade.

Right now the trade is overborne; if that is not addressed you end up with an uneven distribution of years of service and no new entries until the trade is closer to PML.  For those wanting to enter, this means increased probability that intake will be opened up again.

dapaterson said:
...  For those wanting to enter, this means increased probability that intake will be opened up again.

I think that was the crux of the comment to which CountDC replied. This should/will allow some recruiting into the infantry which should/will please some applicants.

bender said:
not good news for all of us wanting to be infantry...
Maybe.  However maybe the planners recognized that healthy occupations require constant fresh inputs even when we are trying to rien in a occupation which has grown too large.  It is possible that the SVOTP quota accounts for a large enough reduction to still allow a healthy (whatever size that may be) group of new recruits this year.

Then again, given that recruits feed directly into the pte/cpl group, maybe the planners have decided a one year shock can be tollerated by the system.

dapaterson said:
How so?  This will cull the herd a bit (as it were), and in the medium term will mean openings in the Infantryman trade.

Right now the trade is overborne; if that is not addressed you end up with an uneven distribution of years of service and no new entries until the trade is closer to PML.  For those wanting to enter, this means increased probability that intake will be opened up again.

how so in that they are looking for a fast in and obviously that is not going to happen.  As the trade is overborne to the extent that they take these measures to bring it down that means those waiting to get in will for the most part be waiting a lot longer than they wanted.  Yes eventually they will start to get in but they want in now so this is not good news for them in the short term.  In the mid to long term it may turn out to be good, depending on how many jump on this as there is no garuntee this will get the numbers down low enough or fast.

I'd like to know why 921 Ammo Tech is not listed as a trade in need.  We are severely under-strength (around 25%) and are always looking to spread the good word.  If anyone has questions about the trade, have a look at the "Is anyone here an ammo tech?" thread on this forum or send a pm.

Cheers

Why Cbt eng is not on the list? I mean, they are missing people there, no?

In the two above posts asking "why isn't my trade listed, we are understrength too" there are probably two reasons:
1) AMMO tech is a fairly intense course from my understanding, so they probably still want to select the people who get in. I believe the same could be said for CBt Eng;
2) At what ranks are the shortages in you trades. If you already have too many Cpl's and Ptes, and not enough more senior ranks, letting more in doesn't solve the problem;

The other issue I saw as a red flag was this was a first come/first serve program. How much deadwood in the Infantry trade is going to be encouraged to VOT and be someone else's problem?

i wonder why sonar op (or for that matter, any naval cbt ops trades) are not on that list.  we're hurting, and it's worse and worse every year based on the annual doom and gloom career manager brief.  they even made one of those special recruiting videos for us.

captloadie said:
The other issue I saw as a red flag was this was a first come/first serve program. How much deadwood in the Infantry trade is going to be encouraged to VOT and be someone else's problem?

Ouch - good point.  Maybe instead of asking why we are not part of it you folks should be thankful your not.  Seen enough of the deadwood end up as clerks in the past and it is not fun.

I suspect (but not being a PA or other medical trade I'm willing to be corected) that all the occupations listed have the same medical standard as infantryman.  I believe a certain degree of colour-blindness is permitted in the infantry; ammo techs or cbt engrs don't have that same latitude.

LineJumper said:
Interesting, I hadn't realized from last CM brief that LCIS was in the hurt.

When was that 1982?  ;) They are fairly red and this has been proven over and over by the promotion of pretty much everything with a pulse.  If a potted plant was put in an LCIS billet it would more than likely be a Sgt in 6 years.

Swingline1984 said:
If a potted plant was put in an LCIS billet it would more than likely be a Sgt in 6 years.
:rofl:
That plant would have the best fertilizer with all that spec pay.

Never thought I would see the day where we would have too many Infantrymen.  Does this mean that the Reg F infantry units are currently at their full effective strengths?

Back