• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Summer camps .... what did you get!

OK i was just wondering if staff cadets traveling by air are supposed to wear there uniform for the flight

I think they do but i am not 100% sure. the only number i have to call is one in whitehorse and i don't want o pay the phone bill when i am done.

CL Marksman, placed 22nd in the ranking! not going though...family trip!
UBIQUE!!!

-Hutch- said:
OK i was just wondering if staff cadets traveling by air are supposed to wear there uniform for the flight

I think they do but i am not 100% sure. the only number i have to call is one in whitehorse and i don't want o pay the phone bill when i am done.

Always in uniform. If you're traveling, full uniform, ribbons, no medals. Always.

GGHG_Cadet said:
I got CLI Adventure at Blackdown, though I was hoping for Drill and Ceremonial. At least I got a CLI, I was a little scared that I wasn't going to get one because my name didn't come back with the rest of the people going for camp.

Doing staff at blackdown this year. I'm going for adventure staff ( did the course last year). I might see you their  :)

And Mcwatt

You get put on stand-by for advance if you applied no matter what... i'm still on stand-by even though I was called and told I can't attend because of my asthma attack like 5 years ago that my mother feels they must know of it.

see you monday Mcwatt ;)

I get to go to leadership and challange in Banff but i have no idea what goes on there so it would be nice for a banff vet to fill me in thx

TomGledhill said:
I too am doing staff in Blackdown. I look forward to seeing all other cadets there for which I hope to be a promising summer.

The asthma thing shouldn't matter, because there was a guy on para last year with asthma and he was allowed on it. It must be something else.

Tom Gledhill

Weird it says          Pending - Medical restrictions
I scored high 80's in the NSCE this year too... oh well staff should be fun

Heslip said:
I get to go to leadership and challenge in Banff but i have no idea what goes on there so it would be nice for a banff vet to fill me in thx

Rocky Mountain is an awesome camp. The camp is broken down into 6 different cycles. each week is a new cycle.

Cycle 1- leadership cycle (learn leadership  and coaching skills)

2- glacier cycle  ( learn glacier skills, climb glacier and get the chance to swim in glacier lakes. usually hit the summit at 10,000 ft. be sure not to puncture your canteen, you get thirsty)

3- rock climbing cycle (start on 60 ft walls and work to higher ones. the last day of the cycle you can climb a wall higher than 300  ft. when you get to the top you are actually about 1500, feet up)

4- watermanship cycle (you get to choose from white water canoing or kayaking, lost of fun)

5- mountain biking cycle ( biking through the mountains, cross rivers, camp and swim. be sure to not go fast down big hills, the med-o-vacs take a long time to come)

6- hiking cycle ( don't believe anyone when they tell you that this cycle sucks. it is a lot of fun. you hike through Banff National Park. the scenery is amazing)

i can say one thing for sure,you will have a unforgettable experience. be sure to take lots of pictures. have fun.

EDIT-  i should also add some more things.

at the end of each week you get a nice thick prime Alberta beef steak, barbecued to how you want it.

also be sure to be in some kind of good shape. you do a lot of physical work, including running, hiking through all kinds of terrain, and all sorts of things.

oh and don't worry about the food. the camp has the highest budget in any cadet camp in Canada, the food is very very good. also all the equipment they give you is all supplied from Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC)

Sounds not bad hutch.

Just a question for anyone who did para or know about the course well: What is the schedule for the jumps. As in what week or day into the course do we jump.
Also, is there anyway that a cadet can asked to jump, say...with a group of reserves or regs that is on course at the same time if there conflict with the scheduled jump for the cadets?

I am presently employed at WCSTC,

All cadets arriving at Whitehorse will travel in uniform

2332Piper said:
No one going to Rocky Mountain eh? Your loss.   ;D

As for RMNACSTC in Cochrane AB, anyone who is going or is there, please say "hello" to Sergeant Greg Cheeseman from Sergeant Wes Allen in Australia. Greg is at RMNACSTC either in Tpt (currently he is in the TPT Section) or Supply from 08 Jun - 27 Aug. Greg joined the CF back in 1982, and from 1977-1981 was a former Army Cadet from the Corps from Naicam, Saskatchewan. He is happy to be posted into Regina, and works with Cadets all accross Saskatchewan the rest of the year.

Cheers,

Wes

sgtdavidson2716 said:
is anyone else out there going to Vernon for the 6 week D&C course
holla back

I am going to vernon for the 6 week pert but i am going to harrass the officers there to put me in D&C.
they might not let me though because i "have asthma"  i havent had any troubles since i was 10 and my doctor wont revoke that i have asthma. that stupid lady.

Swearing not tolerated.

_Kuefler_ said:
I am going to vernon for the 6 week pert but i am going to harrass the officers there to put me in D&C.
they might not let me though because i "have asthma"   i havent had any troubles since i was 10 and my doctor wont revoke that i have asthma. that stupid b---- :skull:
There is no need to use that kind of language  :)

About your "asthma", how can you expect to take the PE&RT course with it?

ouyin2000 said:
There is no need to use that kind of language  :)

About your "asthma", how can you expect to take the PE&RT course with it?

i was wondering the same thing. doesn't make much sense

_Kuefler_ said:
they might not let me though because i "have asthma"   i havent had any troubles since i was 10 and my doctor wont revoke that i have asthma. that stupid b---- :skull:
A doctor is not allowed to just make it go away.  There is no current cure for asthma, and just because you haven't had an asthma attack for a long time ... doesn't eliminate the possibility of you having one.

Try to understand it from their point of view ... the camp is trying to do everything they can to ensure that you don't suffer an asthma attack while you are under their care and responsibility.  The doctor is simply protecting his/her credibility, as they can't make any false assumptions and there is no way to truely determine if your asthma is cured.

I applied for ROTP not having shown any asthma symptoms for around 10 years, and I still had to see a specailist and get some extra testing done ... which determined I was misdiagnosed.

If you are persistant to fight it ... I suggest seeing a respirologist and getting done what I believe is called a "metho coline challenge" .... a test that will determine if you currently have any asthma symptoms.  However this process can take sometime to complete.

_Kuefler_ said:

You should challenge it because i got into the para course last year and i have asthma. You shuold get a doctor's note stating that you have full control of your asthma and that it will not affect your training. Trust me, if i can get into para with asthma, you can get into d&c. Oh yah, i also did d&c about 3 years ago and they knew that i had asthma.

-Have a good one

Chief Wilson said:
You should challenge it because i got into the para course last year and i have asthma. You shuold get a doctor's note stating that you have full control of your asthma and that it will not affect your training. Trust me, if i can get into para with asthma, you can get into d&c. Oh yah, i also did d&c about 3 years ago and they knew that i had asthma.

-Have a good one

i had my ex RSM go to para and he had asthma as well so i dont se why they dont let me go to the course i want.  as for going to camp with astma i have the best for physical phitness in my core.  i even beat some one who went to para. i plan on challenging that and i am going to try to get into D&C
i havent had a problem with asthma for 5 years and not a serious problem that would force me to stop training for about a good 14 years

I'm going to the RGS in comox! Gliding! Wheee!  ;D
I've heard it's really strict there, has anyone here done the course?  Will any of you be gliding in comox this summer?

I did glider in 04 at RGS(A). Its a great experiece, you'll love it! Lots of fun.......one of my buddies should be out in Comax with you this year. From what I've heard Comax is the strictedst in terms of both flying sucess and examinations. They are trying to standardze it, and have for the ground school stuff and what you do each flight, but each still is a bit different. Its a great course. Make sure you have a camera, you'll kick yourself if you don't.....

I must compliment you on your fine use of the english language.

So good I just HAD to send you a pm.

Back