• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Summer camps .... what did you get!

Well I faxed my application in for staff two wedensdays ago, and heard nothing back so I decided to write a memorandum to blackdown. They couldn't find them at all so I faxed them again and when I called to confirm they got them I was told I was accepted all in 10 minutes. exciting eh. well long story short I am doing staff at Blackdown.

Regards,

ya blackdown is always way understaffed. i remember they called me last year because they needed more staff members. from what i have also heard they call old cadets to come to blackdown to be CI's to help out with the staff shortage.

Speaking of Blackdown thats where I'm going this summer because I joined to late first year and rejoined to late last year, but anyway the weekend after we sent our sheets we went to the rifle range for a weekend and I found out that I may have made it to Connaught if I had wrote it on my sheet.

I might do CLI Adventure, or CL Pipes and Drums.. I ahve to make my choice by Friday at 7pm.. I still dont know what to Choose.. I wanna do CLI because its CLI and alot of my Friends are doing it, but I want to continue on with my Band Geekyness..

I did CLI adventure last year probably the best course at blackdown in my eyes ( I did Basic band-jcoy and CL band-jcoy). I suggest bravo(adventure) for the fun and the experience oh and ...  you get made fun of for being in a band company especially kilo (we had thing against them last year... i think it was when they can threw our lines at 3:00 to give us an early morning wake up.)

armygurl_557 said:
I might do CLI Adventure, or CL Pipes and Drums.. I ahve to make my choice by Friday at 7pm.. I still dont know what to Choose.. I wanna do CLI because its CLI and alot of my Friends are doing it, but I want to continue on with my Band Geekyness..

If you have not done CL Blackdown will not let you do CLI. You may initially get accepted but when you arrive at camp they'll put you in a normal CL coy. I was accepted for CLI Adventure last summer and when I got there they put me in Foxtrot, they also did that to my friend who did the exact same. Anyone who did manage to get put in a CLI coy were moved down to CL coys within the first week.

I did CLI adventure last year probably the best course at blackdown in my eyes

Yeah...you might need glasses.

Kilo was great though. It was Juliet that couldn't get made fun of more.

Today my CO called and apparently i am going to cl marksman in cannaught. I was going to go to acl in argonaught but if this works out i will take cannaught.

GGHG_Cadet said:
If you have not done CL Blackdown will not let you do CLI. You may initially get accepted but when you arrive at camp they'll put you in a normal CL coy. I was accepted for CLI Adventure last summer and when I got there they put me in Foxtrot, they also did that to my friend who did the exact same. Anyone who did manage to get put in a CLI coy were moved down to CL coys within the first week.

meh.. well i dont really care either way.. I want to be doing CL with my friends.. like my closer friends.. not just my warrants and sgts..

Im on the list for the USA Exchange down in Florida. I did CLI D&C last year in Vernon and there were some people on course with me that didn't take an aCL course. Is it just a Blackdown thing where you must have an aCL to take an aCLI??

It seems like only a Blackdown thing because I've heard of people skipping CL at other camps like Vernon, Whitehorse, Argonaut and Valcartier.

ctjj.stevenson said:
And what is wrong with ACSTC Bagotville?
food...I wnt there 3 times (96,97,98) and the food was the worts I ever tasted. It was worse than Blackdown ACSTC

It was quite good in 03 actually. And I hear it hasn't gone downhill since then.

Black Watch said:
food...I wnt there 3 times (96,97,98) and the food was the worts I ever tasted. It was worse than Blackdown ACSTC

It better not be.... I'm going to basic there this summer!!! But I don't think anything can top Connaught's mess. That was good.

Whiskey_Dan said:
...Is it just a Blackdown thing where you must have an aCL to take an aCLI??
No it is not just a Blackdown thing. You do not NEED a CL course to take a CLI course, but there are some courses that highly recommend it. Like the Band and shooting courses. It is possible to skip straight to a CLI course depending on your age and level of training, etc etc.

It better not be.... I'm going to basic there this summer!!! But I don't think anything can top Connaught's mess. That was good.
Try Rocky Mountain NACSTC. Apparently they have Steak Night, where they will cook Grade A Alberta beef to your exact liking. I am sure Hutch and/or Sapper can confirm this, as they've gone to Rocky Mountain.

Yah, another good mess to eat is the base in Trenton. It is SOO good!! Thats where we stopped for dinner on our end-of-year-trip from ottawa!

I heard that Valcartier has an amazing mess.. Supposedly the best in the country from what our officers told us..

Sgt. Hutchison said:
you get made fun of for being in a band company especially kilo (we had thing against them last year... i think it was when they can threw our lines at 3:00 to give us an early morning wake up.)
rifle_team_captain_13 said:
Kilo was great though. It was Juliet that couldn't get made fun of more.
I challenge any cadet who dares to make fun of the band to attempt to do what the band cadets do.   Music training takes talent and dedication ... and I'm not saying other courses don't, but a bandsperson can learn regular training aspects in addition to pursuing their musical abilities.   I say this having been exposed to all aspects of cadet training ... I've done course in Mil Band, done Exchange, staffed P&D, been a LHQ Drum Major, and Drill Team Commander, and a LHQ RSM.   (Also it was 5:00am that the Pipe Band woke up B Coy, I know this because it was partly my idea for them to do it).

1913_Cpl said:
Yah, another good mess to eat is the base in Trenton. It is SOO good!! Thats where we stopped for dinner on our end-of-year-trip from ottawa!
Just to specify: that's the Yukon Galley mess hall, not the Trenton ACSTC Mess Hall ... and it is hands down the best mess hall I've been at in my cadet career, RMC Mess Hall is a close second.

I was on Bravo coy, Blackdown ACSTC in 2000. Won best company...Was on Kilo coy, same place, 2001, best coy of the camp...KILO rules!!!!!So as Bravo

For all of you taking adventure at Blackdown, I wish you good luck

Back