• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Terror Attacks on London England - 07 Jul 05 & 21 Jul 05

Crimson Army said:
I have been saying this everywere but i would like to offer my condolences to the victims of this attack

I would also like to say, I hope this doesn't start another war...and that hopfully Canada doesn't get involved in a pointless war that only creates more hate.

??

Come on CA, time to give that ole ball bag a squeeze and muster up some testosterone. Keeping your head in the sand is NOT going to solve this war (has been ongoing for years now) against the WEST (yes, that means against you and me), and its bigger than you think.  

With such a spineless attitude, I think the least thing you should do is change your signature under your post. Usually our signatures express something about ourselves in some way. None of us want a full on war, but sadly thats what it takes sometimes to set things straight, and to keep our freedom and way of life which many take for granted.

Crimson Army said:
I have been saying this everywere but i would like to offer my condolences to the victims of this attack

I would also like to say, I hope this doesn't start another war...and that hopfully Canada doesn't get involved in a pointless war that only creates more hate.

Wouldn't you say that hate is quite a present entity already in existence?  ??? And in too large a quantity?

But I'm with you in the condolences to all the victims.

Thia is typical Fourth Generation Warfare, and the enemy just made another mistake.  Blow up western soldiers in the middle east, and you can claim to be good Muslims driving the Infidels out of the Holy land.  It won't wash with us, but it will in the middle east.  You can also convince westerners - your other target audience - that if their forces were not forward deployed into Muslim nations, they would not be dying.  Two audiences.  Two messages.  One gives you international Muslim aide and support, the other gets people to 'Bring Jonny Home'.

Till you sh_t in their backyard.  You then sway enough people to finally believing that you ARE a threat and have to be taken out.

That's OK, if you can do grievous damage to them.  But what is grievous damage?  Not Pearl Harbour.  Not 9/11.  Not Today.  To keep things in perspective, todays casualty rate is a years worth of Mexican bus crashes or Indian train accidents.  All it will do is get the stiff upper lips out and a re-newed resolve to slot a bunch more bad guys.  Thats it - thats all.

Tom

With all due respect..We can huff and we can puff but untill we can track down ALL the terrorists EVERWHERE we can only beat them by carrying on. Dont let them think they've driven a stake into the western infidels' heart. Just keep on keepin on. If we give them the impression that they ruined our way of life then they truly are winning this war.

I'm not saying lets just lie down and take their sh..t. If we have hard concrete intel on who, and where they are I'm all for a good ole fashioned ass kicking. But to carte blanche say "lets go get them scurvy muslim and islam fiends" is just irresponsible.

To the people of Britain and to Londoners in particular... chin up.

Mourning.jpg

LET THERE BE NO DOUBT WE ARE AT WAR WITH TERRORISTS.

Red Army? (Crimson Army) I really feel you UTTERLY fail to comprehend the people we are at war with.

I'll ad my condolences to the rest of yours

As for the posts of this happening here being chaos. You obviously under estimate the Canadian public and the security/ emergency services. We will bury our dead, heal the injured and go back to normal while CSIS, CSE, RCMP, J2 and JTF2 quietly go off and insure those who did it never do it again. Our security services have come along way since the Air India debacle. We don't need a sledge hammer to get this tumor, a scalpel will do.

I watched the CBC coverage earlier and they had a group of Brits at a pub on. These guys had all experienced IRA bombs and had the right idea on this one. Just an inconvenience for all but the immediate victims, it doesn't bother them and shouldn't bother us. A reaction is what the perverter of Islam and other terrorists want.

The real enemy is the house of Saud these people are financing Bin Laden and others with oil money. Let us hit their supply network and take away their recruits by going after the international arms dealers who sell to anyone with cash and the militant clerics who teach the perverted Islam.

I recommend three books for our policy makers; Sun Tzu The Art of War, The Koran and Major General Tony Jeapes SAS Secret War
The cattle drive mentioned in Secret war is worth reading about.

edadian said:
The real enemy is the house of Saud these people are financing Bin Laden and others with oil money. Let us hit their supply network and take away their recruits by going after the international arms dealers who sell to anyone with cash and the militant clerics who teach the perverted Islam.

House of Saud and bin Laden in cahoots?  That's the first time I've heard that - Osama bin Laden has made constant pronouncements against the House of Saud, labelling them as apostates for allowing the Western military forces to enter the Land of the Two Mosques (Mecca and Medina) during Gulf War I.  He became so adamantly opposed to their actions that the Saudi's put him under house arrest and tried to muzzle him - this is when he snuck off and relocated in the Sudan and then Afghanistan.

He has since declared that the House of Saud is an apostate regime that needs to be overthrown - how this makes them bedfellows is beyond me; perhaps it is a bit of taquiyya (Thanks for the snazzy Arabic word, Dare).

Infanteer I'm just going by what I've heard, read etc. Saudi Princes are financing the charity fronts of the Bin Laden networks. The House of Saud is the biggest supporters Washabism(sp?) Islam and Bin Ladens spiritual advisor was backed by the Saudis in stirring up trouble in Egypt since the 70s. Even if Prince Faisal is on our side are all of his 6000 male relatives? And why are they the first to manipulate oil prices to harm the west?

Being declared an apostate regime by a popular member of the Islamic extreme may be a means to facilitate moving closer still to the Taliban ideal. But that is for our non-excistant foriegn spy service to figure out. Even the recently held local elections smack of manipulation of the Saudi public. They can now vote for councilors the Royal family will ignore.

edadian said:
I'll ad my condolences to the rest of yours

As for the posts of this happening here being chaos. You obviously under estimate the Canadian public and the security/ emergency services. We will bury our dead, heal the injured and go back to normal while CSIS, CSE, RCMP, J2 and JTF2 quietly go off and insure those who did it never do it again. Our security services have come along way since the Air India debacle. We don't need a sledge hammer to get this tumor, a scalpel will do.

I watched the CBC coverage earlier and they had a group of Brits at a pub on. These guys had all experienced IRA bombs and had the right idea on this one. Just an inconvenience for all but the immediate victims, it doesn't bother them and shouldn't bother us. A reaction is what the perverter of Islam and other terrorists want.

I recommend three books for our policy makers; Sun Tzu The Art of War, The Koran and Major General Tony Jeapes SAS Secret War
The cattle drive mentioned in Secret war is worth reading about.

That is the most Blase thing I've read.

Sorry MOD's, but that the way I feel after this Terrible Tragedy

I agree wholehearted with FastEddy (wow who would have thought  ;) )

now on to the edadian second post.
I think the fact that the Saudi's pay off the extremists to conduct stuff outside of Saudi Arabia is the issue people are focusing on -- basically they are morgaging their future, as they pay of their enemies not to bother them at the momenet.

The House of Saud uses oppression to stay in power and plays off both sides against another for they are a weak and immoral group.  Yes they really upon both at points - but can't allow either the Wahhabists or the US to gain to much power since they'd be done.  The mullahs have no need of them and a democracy would see them in prison (or worse).  Instability in the region is their trump card - they have oil and we need it (western nations) - so we (once again the West not Canada specifically) back them.  The extremists in tunr hate them - but hate us more - and the prince's do side deals to ensure the street of Saudi dont run with blood.

Personally the March to the Sea routine runs really well in my eyes...

London is nearly back up and working today with King's cross station only partially shut down and only one underground not running as far as I know!
Everyones still packed into the buses and paddington station looks as busy as ever, more or less giving whoever did this the two-fingers.

Someone said on the news this morning that by Saturday, Londoners will be back to business as usual and the rest will still be affected by it for a long time.
The best example I saw of London upper lip was an old man at a bus shelter a few hours after the attack waiting for a bus that wasn't coming. As it turns out he was not only a Londoner through and through, but a veteran on his way to a meeting with other vets. When the news camera told him the buses weren't running he said:
"Oh I know bloody awful isn't it? I've been here before though, it won't be long, we've been through worse."

The Emergency services have been incredible too I should add, I've heard they've saved hundreds of lives simply because they were so rehearsed and prepared for an attack.

Honestly the English are capable of repressing emotional responses and feelings far worse than this, I say there is no country more emotionally suited to deal with terrorist attacks. There have been no reprisals as of yet and everyone seems to be...really normal about things, is it healthy? Probably not, but it's worked through the blitz and IRA bombings.

I won't go on at length about "what i'd do if I caught 'em, yarr" but I will say that the London underground (and overground) system has every inch covered by close circuit tv, they will probably be able to track whoever did this to their front doors. Textbook in every aspect of it, it's only a matter of time, they were more than prepared.

I think I will take a cue from my fellow countrymen today and get on with it.

I once read an interesting article in Foreign Affairs that described Saudi Arabia as the "schizophrenic state" - Kevin summed that up nicely in his post (which I agree with).

Saudi Arabia is one of keys to solving the problem - if we could move away from being dependent on their oil, we could leave them to their sandpile....

Infanteer said:
Saudi Arabia is one of keys to solving the problem - if we could move away from being dependent on move them off their oil, we could leave them to take over their sandpile .... and open a gas station

Kevin solution in Orange  ;)

Sorry guys, it's a long article but is informative; it's just the news from today and some updates.
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050708/ap_on_re_eu/britain_bombings_12

By PAISLEY DODDS, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 13 minutes ago

LONDON - Police on Friday raised the death toll to 50 from London's terrorist bombings but said they hadn't yet been able to reach all of the dead. Commuters reluctantly returned to the Underground, but buses and subways carried fewer riders than normal in the aftermath of four rush-hour blasts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Sir Ian Blair, commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, said no evidence suggested that the attacks involved suicide bombers but that officials hadn't ruled out the possibility. He said a precise death toll wasn't yet known.

"We know that there are more than 50 fatalities. There is a great difficulty in determining how many fatalities there are because two of the scenes are very difficult in terms of recovery," Blair said.

He said officials still hadn't gotten near the subway cars of the Russell Square station, fearing the tunnel unsafe, and he said the nature of the blast that ripped apart a double-decker bus was making it difficult to establish a death toll there.

London's mass transit system reopened Friday, though some commuters, admitting they were afraid, opted for a taxi. Normally packed double-decker buses carried just a handful of passengers, and many Underground stations were less congested than normal. But others said they had little choice but to board the subway.

"I was scared, but what can you do?" said Raj Varatharaj, 32, emerging from an Underground station. "This is the fastest way for me to get to work. You just have to carry on."

Assistant Police Commissioner Andy Hayman said officials believe the bombs were placed on the floors of the three subway cars that were hit. He said the initial investigation suggests that each bomb had less than 10 pounds of explosives.

Based on evidence recovered from the rubble, investigators believe some of the bombs were on timers, a U.S. law enforcement official said. The official would not further describe the evidence.

Investigators doubt that cell phones â ” used in the Madrid train attacks a year ago â ” were used to detonate the bombs in the Underground because the phones often don't work in the system's tunnels, the official said. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

Police denied a claim by a U.S. official who spoke on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press who said unexploded devices had been found. British officials attributed the information to the initial confusion on the number of bombs.

Thursday's subway blasts went off within 18 minutes, starting at 8:51 a.m. An explosion ripped the roof off a double-decker bus less than an hour later, attacks that came as world leaders were opening the G-8 summit in Scotland.

More than 700 people were wounded. The police commissioner said 100 victims were hospitalized overnight, 22 in critical condition.

Prime Minister    Tony Blair, who just the day before had been basking in glory of Britain's successful Olympics bid, condemned the attacks and blamed Islamic extremists. Foreign Minister Jack Straw said the attacks bore the hallmark of    Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida, the group responsible for Sept. 11.

Ten of London's 12 subway lines reopened Friday, though service on three was restricted. Bus service was running through central London, except for diversions around blast sites.

Aldona Mosjko, a 21-year-old bagel shop manager from Poland, was among those too frightened to take public transportation Friday. "Normally, I take the bus, but today, I took a taxi. I was a bit afraid," she said.

Stocks opened higher in Europe on Friday, with insurance and travel-related stocks regaining some of the ground they lost on Thursday.    Prince Charles and his wife, the Duchess of York, visited victims on Friday, praising the resilience of the British people in the face of attack.

Some commuters commented on what appeared to be a light police presence at some Underground stations.

"Everyone is very quiet, everybody is a bit anxious," said Anil Patel, 40, a banker. "An obvious (police) presence would have settled your nerves."

The "Secret Group of al-Qaida's Jihad in Europe" claimed it was behind the attacks, but the claim could not be immediately verified. In a posting on a Web site, the group said the bombings were punishment for Britain's involvement in the war in    Iraq and invasion of    Afghanistan.

It threatened to attack Italy and Denmark for their support of the U.S.-led coalitions in both countries, too.

British Home Secretary Charles Clarke said authorities were taking the claim of responsibility seriously, and a senior U.S. counterterrorism official said the posting was considered a "potentially very credible" claim, in part because it appeared soon after the attacks. But no one was certain, and one defense official said it was too early to say.

Investigators said they would look for evidence in the debris from Thursday's attacks and in the video footage from some 1,800 cameras in London's train stations.

Charles Shoebridge, a security analyst and former counterterrorism intelligence officer, said detectives will have to watch thousands of hours of video â ” slowly and carefully. Investigators will try to find on tape the point at which bombs were placed, then trace back the movements of the bomber, a task he said could involve hundreds of cameras.

The blasts paralyzed the city's public transportation system Thursday, halting subway service, delaying buses and stranding thousands of residents and tourists.

Scenes of frantic subway passengers covered in soot, some cut and bleeding and flooding out of subway stations flashed across television screens.

"I didn't hear anything, just a flash of light, people screaming, no thoughts of what it was, I just had to get out of the train," said subway passenger Chris Randall, 28, who was hospitalized with cuts and burns on his face, legs and hands.

The worst attack on London since World War II brought out a stoicism that recalled Britain under the blitz of the Nazi Luftwaffe.

As Wednesday's jubilation at winning the 2012    Summer Olympics gave way to the terrible shock of Thursday's attacks, Blair rushed back to the capital and made a televised appeal for unity, praising the "stoicism and resiliency of the British people."

Both were in evidence across the city, as volunteers helped the wounded from blast sites, commuters lent their phones so strangers could call home, and thousands faced long lines for homeward-bound buses or even longer walks without complaint.

"As Brits, we'll carry on â ” it doesn't scare us at all" said tour guide Michael Cahill, 37. "Look, loads of people are walking down the streets. It's Great Britain â ” not called 'Great' for nothing."

Security was raised in the United States and around the world. The Bush administration upped the terror alert a notch to code orange for the nation's mass transit systems, and bomb-sniffing dogs and armed police patrolled subways and buses in the capital.

Much of Europe also went on alert, and Italy's airports raised alert levels to a maximum

Crimson Army said:

You keep hoping and sending out positive vibes, dude, I will continue to fight, kill, and possibly die to insure that you will always be able to spout off your incorrect, and uneducated opinions.

Two interesting rumours already:
1)  That one of the suicide bombers was one of the recent releases from GITMO (which only occurred after numerous requests by Blair)
2)  That there was significant 'unusual' trading immediately preceding the attack in which large British equity and currency positions were dumped without any new justifying economic data.  If this proves to be true, it would be interesting to see whose accounts these belonged to because it would certainly indicate they had foreknowledge of the attacks.

Matthew.  :salute:

So impressed with the efficiency of the London emergency services. - and so very impressed with the way Londoners carried on with life after the attacks  :salute: I guess this is not the first time they have had their day disrupted by crackpots. Terrorists, you will never defeat those people.

Just noticed that Spain's holding a moment of silence in "solidarity with Britain"...

I can't help thinking that it's a rather empty and worthless gesture... Spain had its chance to show "solidarity" with Britain and its other allies by not picking up its ball and going home from Iraq after the Madrid massacre.

But they took the cowards' way out. I doubt it would have prevented the London bombings, but it sure demonstrated that killing Western civilians does work in some cases, and probably encouraged those who planned this.

I'm not diminishing the loss the Spanish suffered, but this "solidarity" thing just struck me as cheap sympathy...

Canadians in London have their say - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050708.wsayy0708/BNStory/Front/

London death toll hits 50 - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050708.wlondon0708/BNStory/Front/

Guardian said:
Just noticed that Spain's holding a moment of silence in "solidarity with Britain"...

I can't help thinking that it's a rather empty and worthless gesture... Spain had its chance to show "solidarity" with Britain and its other allies by not picking up its ball and going home from Iraq after the Madrid massacre.

But they took the cowards' way out. I doubt it would have prevented the London bombings, but it sure demonstrated that killing Western civilians does work in some cases, and probably encouraged those who planned this.

I'm not diminishing the loss the Spanish suffered, but this "solidarity" thing just struck me as cheap sympathy...

I think the swing vote of the Spanish population may have grown to regret their knee-jerk reaction as they learned the details of the Madrid bombings that came out after the election....In short, that the attack had been planned for years and the "Iraq/Afghanistan/etc." justifications these groups spew (and our useful idiot media and populations regurgitate) are merely the excuses du jour of a murderous cadre of religious zealots (who may or may not be misinterpretting the Quran).

Matthew.  :salute:

Back