• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Military Police [MP] Superthread

fully_flared said:
Some real good investigative skills there...

How about waiting until you are actually an MP investigator before sh!tting on someone else for their investigative skills?

Because it scares me a possible future MP can't google MPAC to find out what it is & what's involved. This topic has been covered many times.

Azlan.s@hotmail.com said:
Hey guys

First off, I apologize ahead of time if I am asking a repetitive question on the forum. Don't get mad, if the answer to my question is already posted , I will gladly go ahead and try to find it but I have not been able to do so , that is why I am posting here.

I was told my file is being forwarded to Ottawa , I passed my medical, Interview and just touching up on the final steps of the application. I have been visiting the Hamilton Recruitment center and today they mentioned something along the lines of 4 day assessment at Borden Ontario that will determine my suitability as a MP.

Can someone elaborate for me on it as to what it means and what the process is ?

Thank you in advance .

Having gone through the full process for MP, I'll add that your MPAC, should you make it to that stage, may be held in places other than Borden. Just be prepared for variances in the information you've been supplied from your RC regarding the process details. I also went through Hamilton and although my recruiter was very good, sometimes the info passed on was changed at the last minute or inaccurate altogether. All the best.

fully_flared said:
Some real good investigative skills there...

Thanks for the criticism, If  you read my post, I asked for some elaboration from people educated in the process , not some bogus forums and websites (except this forum) that are not credible.

BeyondTheNow said:
Having gone through the full process for MP, I'll add that your MPAC, should you make it to that stage, may be held in places other than Borden. Just be prepared for variances in the information you've been supplied from your RC regarding the process details. I also went through Hamilton and although my recruiter was very good, sometimes the info passed on was changed at the last minute or inaccurate altogether. All the best.

Thank you,

From the looks of it , The recruiter was hinting pretty much to stand by for a call and to expect it soon.

I have a diploma (Honor Standings in police foundations ) and almost finished obtaining a degree in Behavioral Psychology but was told my Psychology Degree does not impact my ATT interview.

Good Morning,

I am planning on joining the Military Police. I graduated from police foundations and I understand that it was a prerequisite to have some sort of Law or Law enforcement Diploma. I keep hearing that the testing process for MP is identical to the one of the RCMP. Is this correct?

What steps am I going to have to go through until I am part of the Military Police?

Thank you in advance.

Night777 said:
What steps am I going to have to go through until I am part of the Military Police?

You can check here,

The Military Police [MP] Superthread 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/4577.0

Night777 said:
Good Morning,

I am planning on joining the Military Police. I graduated from police foundations and I understand that it was a prerequisite to have some sort of Law or Law enforcement Diploma. I keep hearing that the testing process for MP is identical to the one of the RCMP. Is this correct?

Thank you in advance.

I am at Security Clearance with the RCMP and let me tell you that RCMP recruiting is different from MP recruiting.

Not sure if this has been said but could anyone tell me if there is a difference between MPO /MP in the Navy, Army, and Air force?

Thanks 

Regular force? No, aside from the colour of your dress uniform (DEUs).

Anyone aware of any upcoming MPAC dates? I received a email yesterday from my CFRC to fill out some MPAC forms for selection. E-mail was pretty vague and not sure if that means I've been selected to attend one or just some more paperwork. Sorry to hijack your thread!

Tazer said:
Anyone aware of any upcoming MPAC dates? I received a email yesterday from my CFRC to fill out some MPAC forms for selection. E-mail was pretty vague and not sure if that means I've been selected to attend one or just some more paperwork. Sorry to hijack your thread!

There's a few pre-MPAC screening forms that you have to fill out... usually a good sign that you'll be heading off to a MPAC soon. Lately there's been 2 per year, 1 MPAC/MPOAC dedicated to RegF only and 1 MPAC dedicated to both RegF and ResF applicants. I can take a look to see if there's any dates; wouldn't be surprised if it is the last week of August.

Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll be hosted somewhere nice like Edmonton  ;D I had a tough time doing mine in Valcartier... I can't speak a lick of French. Meals at the mess hall were embarrassing.  :-[

Best of luck.

LunchMeat said:
There's a few pre-MPAC screening forms that you have to fill out... usually a good sign that you'll be heading off to a MPAC soon. Lately there's been 2 per year, 1 MPAC/MPOAC dedicated to RegF only and 1 MPAC dedicated to both RegF and ResF applicants. I can take a look to see if there's any dates; wouldn't be surprised if it is the last week of August.

Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll be hosted somewhere nice like Edmonton  ;D I had a tough time doing mine in Valcartier... I can't speak a lick of French. Meals at the mess hall were embarrassing.  :-[

Best of luck.

Well that's good to hear, August isn't that far away! The forms I received were consent & disclosure for MPAC, DND 2788-E. If you're able to find anything that would be appreciated! Edmonton sounds better than Valcartier that's for sure. I can't speak a lick of French either lol.

Tazer said:
Well that's good to hear, August isn't that far away! The forms I received were consent & disclosure for MPAC, DND 2788-E. If you're able to find anything that would be appreciated! Edmonton sounds better than Valcartier that's for sure. I can't speak a lick of French either lol.

It was nice though, hot and humid; and the Francophone personnel were friendly and had lots of patience.

Yes, those forms are to be completed prior to attending MPAC so it is very likely you'll be hearing back soon about travel dates.

LunchMeat said:
It was nice though, hot and humid; and the Francophone personnel were friendly and had lots of patience.

Yes, those forms are to be completed prior to attending MPAC so it is very likely you'll be hearing back soon about travel dates.

I appreciate the help, cheers! :).

DAA said:
Last I heard, 14-27 Aug.  But I don't have the location.

Thanks DAA, hopefully with them sending me those forms means I'll be going to the August one. Time to hurry up and wait!

Hey guys,

New OT here, waiting for a course message. I was just wondering what the accommodation looks like in Borden for CFMPA student? I'm airforce, and pretty much all my career courses where extremely comfortable, so im just curious about what to expect!

Thanks!

Mods: two per room, 4 per floor with a shared bathroom. One common room on the main floor with a TV and a fridge. Hot in the summer (no AC), but otherwise just fine. It's not the Yukon Lodge, but I don't mind them at all. I've been in Borden on course 6 times now, the lack of a car is a much bigger drawback than the accommodations.

Back