• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The US Presidency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
RocketRichard said:
Why thank you for another dictionary definition link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's US law, not a dictionary definition, 18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason.

RocketRichard said:
‘Former US intelligence chiefs expressed astonishment and condemnation Monday in response to President Donald Trump's comments at Monday's news conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin, with former CIA Director John Brennan calling the US President's performance "nothing short of treasonous."

‘’John McCain, the ailing Arizona senator and one of the party’s leading voices on national security, delivered perhaps the harshest rebuke, calling the press conference “one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory”.

McCain forgot the US President that gave easrern Europe to the Russians,wasnt that FDR ?

tomahawk6 said:
Traitor for trying to make the US safer ?Reprehensible comments.
What would you have said if Obama sided with a foreign leader over US intelligence agencies?

I don't think you would have been so praiseworthy.

Now while this isn't you per se, Obama was raked over the coals for bowing to a foreign leader as a way of greeting.

Obama was accused of having a apology tour

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB124044156269345357

There is something ungracious in Mr. Obama criticizing his predecessors, including most recently John F. Kennedy. ("I'm grateful that President [Daniel] Ortega did not blame me for things that happened when I was three months old," Mr. Obama said after the Nicaraguan delivered a 52-minute anti-American tirade that touched on the Bay of Pigs.) Mr. Obama acts as if no past president -- except maybe Abraham Lincoln -- possesses his wisdom.

Mr. Obama was asked in Europe if he believes in American exceptionalism. He said he did -- in the same way that "the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks in Greek exceptionalism." That's another way of saying, "No."

Mr. Obama makes it seem as though there is moral equivalence between America and its adversaries and assumes that if he confesses America's sins, other nations will confess theirs and change. But he won no confessions (let alone change) from the leaders of Venezuela, Nicaragua or Russia. He apologized for America and our adversaries rejoiced. Fidel Castro isn't easing up on Cuban repression, but he is preparing to take advantage of Mr. Obama's policy shifts.

Yet here is the President of the united states siding with the same russian dictator who meddled in US elections, over his own security agencies and his political party that all concluded that Russia tried to meddle in the US election

Make no mistake, Obama would have been destroyed for doing what the current president just did, and I have no doubts that words like traitor and being weak on russia would have been among the kinder things Obama haters would have been saying.

Yet the current president is a hero.

Obama was a Russian loving lefty so the media left him alone.Senator Ted Kennedy sent a letter to Yuri Andropov which probably treasonous but he too was a leftist.

tomahawk6 said:
Obama was a Russian loving lefty so the media left him alone.Senator Ted Kennedy sent a letter to Yuri Andropov which probably treasonous but he too was a leftist.
Obama was supposedly a Russian loving lefty, yet here the current president decides to love Putin more than his own intelligence agencies and political party, yet, to his supporters, he's a hero.

tomahawk6 said:
Obama was a Russian loving lefty so the media left him alone...

Honest educational question here, what acts, or lack thereof, represent Obama's 'love for' or 'weakness against' Russia?  He signed the Magnitsky Act into law, for example, which put in place measures to formally sanction Russian officials complicit in the death of Russian whistleblower accountant Sergei Magnitsky and other corruptive activities globally.

Regards
G2G

REPORTER, AP: President Trump, you first. Just now, President Putin denied having anything to do with the election interference in 2016. Every U.S. intelligence agency has concluded that Russia did. My first question for you sir is, who do you believe? My second question is would you now, with the whole world watching, tell President Putin, would you denounce what happened in 2016 and would you want him to never do it again?

TRUMP: So let me just say that we have two thoughts. You have groups that are wondering why the FBI never took the server. Why haven't they taken the server? Why was the FBI told to leave the office of the Democratic National Committee?

I've been wondering that. I've been asking that for months and months and I've been tweeting it out and calling it out on social media. Where is the server? I want to know where is the server and what is the server saying?

With that being said, all I can do is ask the question.

My people came to me, Dan Coates, came to me and some others they said they think it's Russia. I have President Putin. He just said it's not Russia.

I will say this: I don't see any reason why it would be. But I really do want to see the server but I have, I have confidence in both parties.

I really believe that this will probably go on for a while but I don't think it can go on without finding out what happened to the server. What happened to the servers of the Pakistani gentleman that worked on the DNC?

Where are those servers? They're missing. Where are they? What happened to Hillary Clinton's emails? 33,000 emails gone, just gone. I think in Russia they wouldn't be gone so easily.

I think it's a disgrace that we can't get Hillary Clinton's thirty three thousand e-mails.

I have great confidence in my intelligence people but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today and what he did is an incredible offer.

He offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators, with respect to the 12 people. I think that's an incredible offer. Ok? Thank you.

Everywhere the current President decided to side with Putin and Russia, over America...in just over minute of a 40 minute press conference.

Probably just like Canada the media carries the torch of the Democrat Party.They spout their agenda and are 24/7 against Trump Obama never got this type of scrutiny if he had he wouldn't have been elected.But with the hysteria by the Republican #neverTrumpers and democrats will play into Trumps hands for his re-election.

Here is an opinion piece  from a Russian journalist posted in the NY Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/16/opinion/putin-trump-meeting-helsinki.html

Basically it posits this as a big win for Putin who made it seem like he was running things.  I'm pretty sure he was.

tomahawk6 said:
Probably just like Canada the media carries the torch of the Democrat Party.They spout their agenda and are 24/7 against Trump Obama never got this type of scrutiny if he had he wouldn't have been elected.But with the hysteria by the Republican #neverTrumpers and democrats will play into Trumps hands for his re-election.

I didn't think that Newt Gingrich was in any of those camps...

tomahawk6 said:
Yes, throwing American institutions under the bus and siding with Russia will play well for his reelection.

How it serves America in the least is another question...

tomahawk6 said:
Trump in the UK.I guess he meets the Queen tomorrow.The Sun has a nice photo spread

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6760773/donald-trump-slams-theresa-mays-chequers-plan-for-brexit-saying-i-dont-know-if-thats-what-they-voted-for/

My God. I thought unbiased reporting by the MSM was dead. Finally, an article that presents what exactly is happening, without opinion, leaving the reader to decide. I hope this is a turning point. No vitriol, jingoism, lies or bullshit.

Man, that was a refreshing article.

Thanks for posting it Tomahawk.

Remius said:
I didn't think that Newt Gingrich was in any of those camps...
Newt Gingrich is part of the deep state and leftist media opposed to this president.

Please keep up.

Good2Golf said:
Honest educational question here, what acts, or lack thereof, represent Obama's 'love for' or 'weakness against' Russia?  He signed the Magnitsky Act into law, for example, which put in place measures to formally sanction Russian officials complicit in the death of Russian whistleblower accountant Sergei Magnitsky and other corruptive activities globally.

Regards
G2G

Not sure if the following was a response to my earlier question.  If yes, I guess I'll stop asking to be educated/informed by those in-country. 

tomahawk6 said:

Regards
G2G

It's not so much the fact that the current president is not competent in representing his whole country's interests, much less be the senior statesman of the western democracies, but that there are so many lemmings who happily continue to follow him off the cliff.

It's quite sad to watch, actually. When he's finally gone, the divisions within the country will nonetheless continue to grow and fester. It's a bit like being there watching the beginning of the decline of the Roman empire.

:'(

What you don't get is that the divide is conservative vs liberal look at a map.The Midwest is conservative and both costs are liberal.The major cities are blue. They are hurting for money but they want to give each citizen $500 a month.Where will that money come from ?Without over taxing people it isn't sustainable then people will move.

tomahawk6 said:
What you don't get is that the divide is conservative vs liberal look at a map.The Midwest is conservative and both costs are liberal.The major cities are blue. They are hurting for money but they want to give each citizen $500 a month.Where will that money come from ?Without over taxing people it isn't sustainable then people will move.
what does that have to do with the president deciding to side with Russia over his fellow Americans, his intelligence agencies and his own political party?

recceguy said:
My God. I thought unbiased reporting by the MSM was dead. Finally, an article that presents what exactly is happening, without opinion, leaving the reader to decide. I hope this is a turning point. No vitriol, jingoism, lies or bullshit.

Its not really hard to find, just read the stuff in the centre of the green square.

The ones trashing Trump ARE leftists. Here chew on this.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/02/rosenstein-on-russian-indictment-no-american-was-knowing-participant-no-allegation-altered-the-outcome-of-the-2016-election/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back