• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

This is why Daddy drinks at Christmas

IN HOC SIGNO said:
She's already talking a sub woofer speaker thingie for the IPOD....this is all a freaking plot isn't it? :crybaby:
I think Zip's got it...I've got to duck and weave...crap her birthday is Feb 9 I'd better start listening for those hints eh?? :-\

Start listening?  Uh oh, you're in trouble again.  Her birthday is just over a month away.  You don't think she's already dropped some hints?? 

(BTW, you DO know that you need to compensate the females on this site that give you advice, right?  :D)

airmich said:
(BTW, you DO know that you need to compensate the females on this site that give you advice, right?  :D)

He's doing what all guys do.  Provide the illusion of interest while being spoken to, then do what you want in the long run.  :warstory:

zipperhead_cop said:
He's doing what all guys do.  Provide the illusion of interest while being spoken to, then do what you want in the long run.  :warstory:
A man's mind:

Upon entering the mall, a guy recites in his head what he came to buy.

Speakers for Ipod. Speakers for Ipod.  Oh look, a lingerie store.  Now, what was it she wanted again?  Right, she said lingerie.

The extra caring husband will also throw in some beer to make the night really special for her.

Women just do not understand all the thought a man puts into buying gifts, the ingrates ;D

airmich said:
Start listening?  Uh oh, you're in trouble again.  Her birthday is just over a month away.  You don't think she's already dropped some hints?? 

See...I came outright last night and said "What do you want for your birthday?" And she said
"I'm thinking about it."
Now will that info get communicated, via normal means when the thinking is done, or will it be "You should know what I want." again?
This means I have to really concentrate on listening....urgh I'm doomed.
:crybaby:
airmich...does this compensation come in a little blue bag by any chance?

Zip and macqueen you guys are absolute mind readers...wow!
That's exactly how I do it....recite it over and over in my head! That's how I did it with the IPOD....and there were a lot of distractions on the way to The Source in MIC MAC mall....first there was a cute gal selling Rogers subscriptions in a nifty little elf suit! That was tough but I just got louder in my head....IPOD, IPOD, IPOD....Then I had to pass the NASCAR/NHL collectible booth....that was tough cause it was right outside the Source.....I contemplated getting her a Vancouver Cannucks clock and matching waste basket....luckily I had written "IPOD" in ink on my right hand so when I picked up the shiny Cannuck clock IPOD stared me in the face....so I carried on to the Source.
When I got in there a guy pounced on me right away and said "Can I help you?" Geez I almost bolted right there...."HELP?!" (Did I look helpless? Showing signs of weakness?) I managed to blurt out between clenched teeth, "IPOD" The guy says "ah what kind of IPOD?" (FRIG!!!! There's different kinds??)
To my blank stare he says "The Nano is very popular." Ah, thinks I, Nano, nanny...sounds kind of feminine and nice....."Yeah yeah that's it," I say, "Nano."
"What size?" he says. (God more questions....just give me the thing!)
"A big one...." I say.
He smiles condescendingly and says "they come in "2 gig, 4 gig, 6 gig or you can go for something a little fancier that shows videos and...."
So I go for the 2 gig.....how many songs can she listen to anyway? But of course he unloads all the accessories on me....carrying case, Itune card,,,,which is great cause I can wrap them separately and it looks like 3 presents instead of one (I'm a freaking genius!). ;D

She looked kinda miffed after opening three things and it was all about the same thing. While I was sitting with my Satelite radio, digital camera and heated vest for my motorcycle! Hmm I might pay for this later....I have to start listening!  :'(

IN HOC SIGNO said:
She looked kinda miffed after opening three things and it was all about the same thing. While I was sitting with my Satelite radio, digital camera and heated vest for my motorcycle! Hmm I might pay for this later....I have to start listening!  :'(

Easy way to recover from this.  SPOIL her rotten for her birthday.  Gifts, spa day, supper etc.  And at the end of it all, when she is all smiles and tears and big thank yous "Christmas is about so much more then just giving and receiving.  I didn't want to take away from that, so I kept it lowkey this year.  But now today, today is YOUR day.  I love you honey, you mean so very much to me."

(that blue bag is getting bigger IHS ;))

airmich said:
Easy way to recover from this.  SPOIL her rotten for her birthday.  Gifts, spa day, supper etc.  And at the end of it all, when she is all smiles and tears and big thank yous "Christmas is about so much more then just giving and receiving.  I didn't want to take away from that, so I kept it lowkey this year.  But now today, today is YOUR day.  I love you honey, you mean so very much to me."

(that blue bag is getting bigger IHS ;))

Holy Crap that's brilliant! I'm writing "Spa Day" on my hand!
Is a day pass to the Stad Gym equivalent to that? They have a sauna and that...and she can swim...if she stays in her lane....?? ;D

IN HOC SIGNO said:
Holy Crap that's brilliant! I'm writing "Spa Day" on my hand!
Is a day pass to the Stad Gym equivalent to that? They have a sauna and that...and she can swim...if she stays in her lane....?? ;D

Who really cares about the spa? The part of Mich's post that should scare you (obviously you are a man) is the reference to the blue bag getting bigger. The veiled reference by Mich to the Tiffany's Robins Egg Blue bag is the absolute most important part of her whole post!! Take it from me (I'm a girl)!!!  ;D

IN HOC SIGNO said:

If you get her a day pass to Stad gym, you might as well go for broke and take her across the street for supper and back to Timmie's on base for dessert, because after something like that, you'd be lucky to ever be OUT on a day pass.  ::)

Thanks for the help Vern.  Sometimes they need a good smack to see the obvious.  What he might have missed also though, is the fact that we now have some good blackmail on him.  That must count for an even bigger bag. 8)

Wait,...full stop.........there trying to snow ya.

First thing my wife does is make sure I don't spend too much on her. She gave me :evil: the look [brrrrr]when she thought I bought her more than one Christmas present.  

These girls are just trying to see how far you'll go.................

Bruce Monkhouse said:

First thing my wife does is make sure I don't spend too much on her. She gave me  [brrrrr]when she thought I bought her more than one Christmas present. 

The "look" is part of it all Bruce.  You haven't figured that one out yet?  Jeeez.  I can't give away all of our secrets, so I won't go any further on that.  But hmmmm, gets me to thinking though why I never met your wife when I was in town for the meet.  Don't trust me, or don't trust her?  :D

Bruce Monkhouse said:

First thing my wife does is make sure I don't spend too much on her. She gave me :evil: the look [brrrrr]when she thought I bought her more than one Christmas present.  

Wrong!!

Had what you spent on her arrived at her house in a Robins Egg Blue Bag from Tiffany's, I can assure you that you would have gotten quite the look plus a whole bunch more on top of that!!  ;D

Trust me, we wimmen work in sync, we are snowing nobody!!  ;D

Bring her a blue bag and find out that Mich & I are not lying!!

Maybe its just the superior Quebecoise women thing then............right Journeyman?

The Librarian said:
Bring her a blue bag and find out that Mich & I are not lying!!

Are you allowed substitutions?

Could I put it in my old UN Ballcap, or UN Tuque?

George Wallace said:
Are you allowed substitutions?

Could I put it in my old UN Ballcap, or UN Tuque?

I've got an old UN brassard too to go with the ball cap and toque! ;D

UN blue does not equal Tiffany's Robins Egg Blue gentlemen, neither in Quebec or elsewhere in the world!!

The Librarian said:
UN blue does not equal Tiffany's Robins Egg Blue gentlemen, neither in Quebec or elsewhere in the world!!

When the hell did there start being more than one type of blue?

Stand in line Shamrock!

Vern and I seem to already have our hands full "teaching".  And you are WAY behind in class (you can take whatever meaning of that word that you want ;)).  ;D

It seems to me that we have failed to address the important question in all this, how much is she giving you to spend?  Surely you don't have your own money

*sigh*  not you too Macqueen.

If we gave you money for our present, we might as well go and buy it ourselves. (NO, don't get that thought in your head, NOT happening).  What you are supposed to do, is squirrel away a portion of your allowance everytime you get it, just for occasions like these.  ;D  (oh, and sell off hockey cards, tools, and any other non-essential parts of your life!)

Dont Worry Mich, at least youve got one less Student..... Being the Sensitive Modern Male I am already in touch with all these things..... I know how to take my lady out for a nice night on the town....... you know... assuming i had one....... but i mean I am a gentlemen... I let her pick her own meal from the menu, and i even let her upsize her fries and i'll splurge and get her a Mcflurry too!  ;D

Back