• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I applied to SCP (Special Commissioning Plan) for HCA (Healthcare Administration Officer).  I was told not to expect to hear anything until May.

From what I understand last years late messages was due to issues outside of the program's control (read budgetary uncertainties). The lateness also placed stress upon the CM shops as it impacted posting plots etc. The info I received from the BPSO was that Ottawa wants to prevent that happening again but not to inquire regarding the application until May. That said, what happens in the Pentagon on the Rideau is anyone's guess.

For me a late reply may allow me to complete my ILP residential but that means that I would be taking the place of someone who would really need it (unless I don't get UTPNCM then I do need the qual).

Either way, the day to day job still needs to get done. It only took 18 years of service to decide what I want to do in the CAF...

jitterbug said:
How does pay work?

The actual incentive level granted is determined IAW CBI 204.04(3) (b), which is the level and incentive that immediately exceeds their current rate of pay by an amount equal to the difference between the basic rate of pay and the first incentive in their new rank.

Example:

Cpl Smith is appointed OCdt and will continue to be paid at Cpl (4) IAW CBI 204.211 (10); his current rate of pay is $4663/mos; until he graduates from officer training, he will continue to receive annual increases, but no additional incentive increases as he has already reached the maximum; upon graduation, OCdt Smith will be promoted to 2Lt and paid at level D to Table "B" IAW CBI 204.211 (7) (a) (ii); finally, IAW CBI 204.04 (3) (b), pay is calculated as follows (at 2009 rates) -

i. Difference between incentive 1 and basic = $4718 - $4583 = $135
ii. Rate of pay will be no lower than current rate $4663 + $135 = $4798
iii. Rate of pay on promotion is nearest incentive equal to or above $4798 = 2Lt (2) or $4860

Just looked up that reference and it no longer says what is posted above and is now more confusing than ever.

Also, those who were accepted for UTPNCM in 2015 should also check with their ULO.  I just got an email saying that we have been grandfathered the simultaneous promotion to LT upon completion of university (if your previous rank was MCpl or above).  Talk about lucky.

I got that email along with the signed letter and the list of us grandfathered....def a fan

I applied for the second time this year.  My choices were LOG, HCA and INT.

I know INT is impossible for me, but I needed a third choice.

Hoping that the information flows a bit quicker this year.  I only need 12 courses to finish off my degree, so really only need 1.5 years of subsidization. 

Good luck to everyone else that applied, well unless you applied for LOG....... 

RatCatcher said:
From what I understand last years late messages was due to issues outside of the program's control (read budgetary uncertainties). The lateness also placed stress upon the CM shops as it impacted posting plots etc. The info I received from the BPSO was that Ottawa wants to prevent that happening again but not to inquire regarding the application until May. That said, what happens in the Pentagon on the Rideau is anyone's guess.

For me a late reply may allow me to complete my ILP residential but that means that I would be taking the place of someone who would really need it (unless I don't get UTPNCM then I do need the qual).

Either way, the day to day job still needs to get done. It only took 18 years of service to decide what I want to do in the CAF...

I believe (but am not certain) that your pay protection on appointment as an OCdt is based on your substantive rank, not acting rank.  So getting ILP done will have an impact regardless of whether you get UTPNCM or not.

(CBI 204.211(10) doesn't specify whether "rank" is substantive or acting)

Just curious if anyone got an offer yet? CANFORGEN stated that offers would start coming in around March.

For future reference, perhaps "UTPNCM 2016" will be merged with "UTPNCM"
https://army.ca/forums/threads/106920.250
11 pages. Last reply March 15, 2016.

Based on every other comp year, likely wont see messages until May.
The wait sucks..  trust me I know, I didnt get my message until almos mid June.

mariomike said:
For future reference, perhaps "UTPNCM 2016" will be merged with "UTPNCM"
https://army.ca/forums/threads/106920.250
11 pages. Last reply March 15, 2016.

I tried to find that thread... Not sure why it was moved to Recruting office from Occupational Transfers...

sidemount said:
Based on every other comp year, likely wont see messages until May.
The wait sucks..  trust me I know, I didnt get my message until almos mid June.

Thanks! They do send rejection messages too right? I have to pay some dues by June 1st...

Yes, the rejection messages come after all the offer messages are done with. When I was rejected my first year applying I got that in July.

sidemount said:
Yes, the rejection messages come after all the offer messages are done with. When I was rejected my first year applying I got that in July.

All I gotta pay is $200, if I get no message by June 1st, I would pay anyways...

Did you do something different after your first rejection?

I rewrote the cfat. The pso the first time simply told me I qualified. The one I saw last year flat out told me the score was not competitive enough to be selected.

sidemount said:
I rewrote the cfat. The pso the first time simply told me I qualified. The one I saw last year flat out told me the score was not competitive enough to be selected.

Sweet! I am at 82 percentaile... It is good but not amazing.. We will see if its enough.

I did 29/30 on problem solving, 11/15 in spatial and 7/15 in english ( English as a second language) 6 years ago...

Hey! Been lurking the forums a couple of years, only just made an account!

I put in my first application this year after almost applying in 2011, but deciding not to submit the paperwork last minute.

I've applied for PAO and haven't heard anything yet. Not that that surprises me. I expect to hear about messages coming out towards the last week of April/first of May.

Best of luck to all.

Also, just because this hasn't been mentioned in the thread yet, the way the files are weighted changed from previous years.

Weighting used to be 30 pts for CFAT, 30 pts Leadership/Experience and 30 pts for the personality evaluation. This year, the files are weighted 60% CFAT, 25% Leadership/Experience and 15% for the personality evaluation.

Cheers,

HungoverCat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back