• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the SIP on DWAN. The numbers for utpncm dont change much year to year anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

An easy way to find the SIP used to be to do a DWAN search for Basic Production Documents...I don't have DWAN access for the next little bit to verify that still works. 

Well I know 2 years ago UTPNCM MARS had like 5 spots, but according to the DWAN document dated year 2017/2018 it just has 1 spot. Does that seem right? MARS is always looking for people. Do those numbers cease to be relevant in Jan?

Check the CANFORGEN which are released around August that indicate which trades are open and the deadlines for the competitions. Then compare that to the SIP which are on the in-service selection website, found on CMP/DGMC websites.

So I did some comparing and the SCP CANFORGEN says that NCS Eng is open for competition, but when you look at the numbers in that file on the CMP website it says that there are 0 intake for SCP. So I don't think the numbers are accurate and these are last years numbers.

Where you find the SIP, there should be another file for outyears (cant remember the exact name) but yeah look at next years in take numbers(they usually have like 5 years out) as that is the timeframe for selection.

Id send you a link but im off of dwan for a few more months.

Hmm never seen that before. I worked in recruiting and the SIP was decided every year. The military never has the foresight to see 5 years ahead for anything. I hope i find what you are talking about, but i've trawled through the CMP website as much as i can.

misratah500 said:
Hmm never seen that before. I worked in recruiting and the SIP was decided every year. The military never has the foresight to see 5 years ahead for anything. I hope i find what you are talking about, but i've trawled through the CMP website as much as i can.
Ha aint that the truth.

But yes it it is there, when you find the SIP file, there are usually a few others like the trade status and outcap matrix. And out years is either its own file, or the years are tabs in another (again sorry I dont have dwan or Id just send you a link)
They are just projected numbers and are pretty fluid. However utpncm and scp numbers dont change much from year to year.

This is the screen shot of the page that holds the SIP, inside the actual file there is only the one year. The only sub tabs are for NCM and Officer trades FY 17/18 only.

Attachments

• SIP.png
    SIP.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 259
I haven't ever seen the website list more than 2 FYs for SIP. Usually it'll have 2 years because the next FY document will be released sometime in February, so FY18/19 should be there shortly. It'd be pretty impossible to keep multiple years updated due to changes in manning throughout the year has a cascade effect on OUTCAPs and ISS programs.

Agreed, odds are they pulled the FY 2016/2017 file down over the summer. They'll add up the FY 18/19 file in the new year. The SIP always came out in the new year for the external stuff, don't see how it wouldn't for the internal stuff.

The numbers they have up there current are reflecting last years competitions then.

Any changes to the numbers are likely +/- 1 or 2, depending on the size of the officer trade and its health. And you're likely right, as UTPNCM/ROTP would have to have all its positions filled by June/July of that FY so the members can confirm attendance in their post-secondary institution. Much like where recruiting puts a full court press on ROTP applications in the Jan/Feb timeframe and then closes them for anyone trying to get into school that September.

The SIP is driven by the AMOR (Annual Military Occupation Review).  There is crystal balling that goes on with that out to about 5 years, due to the requirement to try to figure out how many to bring in for ROTP/UTPNCM so they reach OFP at the right time to meet the forecast vacancies and then the short(er) lead time intake programs (DEO, SCP, CFR, OT etc) are fine tuned yearly to fill in the shortfalls or overages that result from that.

For the MP Branch, the AMOR takes place in the late October time frame, I suspect the rest are done at about the same time in order to set the numbers for the next FY.  When the selection program opening messages are cut in the August/September time frame they don't know how many vacancies there will be exactly, just if there is a need for a specific program.

misratah500 said:
This is the screen shot of the page that holds the SIP, inside the actual file there is only the one year. The only sub tabs are for NCM and Officer trades FY 17/18 only.
Bah I swear it used to be there! Haha

Either way, you are likely right as the numbers reflect the selections from this year.

The comp that just opened wont select anyone until next fiscal year and the numbers will be based on that fiscal year and not this one. Not very many spots though no matter how you slice it for utp and scp.

Hi All,

I applied to the UTPNCM program for this year, and I have my interview coming up on Thursday. I'm assuming I can expect questions like:
"Why did you choose *chosen occupation*"?
"Why do you think you'd make a good officer?"
"Tell me about this AWOL charge on your conduct sheet"

Any other prep questions you guys can throw my way? Goona have a friend prep me for the interview over the next few days.

Thanks!

MissMercury said:
Hi All,

I applied to the UTPNCM program for this year, and I have my interview coming up on Thursday. I'm assuming I can expect questions like:
"Why did you choose *chosen occupation*"?
"Why do you think you'd make a good officer?"
"Tell me about this AWOL charge on your conduct sheet"

Any other prep questions you guys can throw my way? Goona have a friend prep me for the interview over the next few days.

Thanks!

Interview questions are not to be discussed. That is something they cover as the first thing on your interview.

According to a reliable source, there were 10 spots for LOG O under UTPNCM last year, number is 16 for 2018. More retirements than usual apparently. Good for us!

Numbers are available on DWAN to anyone

It is my 3rd try at LOG.

I am now a 3rd year Economics Student. Hopefully this year will be the one!

The numbers on the CMP website are still last year's numbers. It was 15 LOGO last year. The numbers for next year are not known yet.

I'm applying for MARS and they only took 1 last year so if its like that this year, I'm probably screwed.

MasterInstructor said:
Numbers are available on DWAN to anyone

It is my 3rd try at LOG.

I am now a 3rd year Economics Student. Hopefully this year will be the one!

I don't think your number of courses done affect your competitiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back