• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for those that also got nominated through the CFR channel I got my offer last year on 7 April (best birthday present ever)

airforce101 said:
My file went to ottawa mid dec and i got an email bak jan 5th to go for aircrew selection. what ive personally learnt n seen is your recomendation from ur CO and PSO play the biggest role in your selection. MY CFAT score was at the cut off line. But i had 18 career development courses and alot of  volunteer work and my chain of command really supported me. i even had a probation on my record but looking at my CoC recommendation PSO did mention that the probation wont matter.  another member i know didnt have the greatest interview with the pso, didnt no any trade specs but had an award from the wing Commander for volunteering, also got a call for aircrew selection. so it varies from trade to trade and how many ppl they want n how good u did outside work.
CO's recommendation could be, POSSESSES OFFICER LIKE QUALITIES, FIT FOR AN OFFICER, RECOMMENDED, or HES THE BEST WORKER WE HAVE, WE DO NOT WANT TO LET HIM GO BUT HE DESERVES TO GO HIGHER. STRONGLY RECOMMENDED TO BE AN OFFICER. This can help you a lot how your chain of command writes about you. Its your right to apply so they wont say no to you but the recommendation letter would say what they think about you.

A101, just so you know going to ACS is just part of the process.  I went to Trenton at the beginning of December, long before the boards sat.  They do this to thin down the applications to only people who qualify for the trades (no point in doing all that extra work then have the person not pass the testing).  Meeting the criteria at ACS only allows for your file to go to the board for the competition.

All parts of your application are important, however, the CFAT score is weighted at 60% of the overall score.  Clearly this makes it the most important part of the application.  The COs recommendation is definitely important.  If an application is not recommended then it probably wont go far either.  However, an average recommendation is good enough to at least be considered.  When I originally applied a few years ago my application was stopped before it even reached my CO.  I was told that it would not be supported due to being "new" to the unit.  I went to the PSO and he said that I could push the issue as I do have a right to apply, however, with no support my chances would be very low.  I went back to my CoC and asked what it was they wanted from me do gain support.  We came up with a plan and a few years later I have my application in with strong support from my CO.  I mention this as a side tip to anyone looking into the program and unsure of support.  Talk to your CoC and find out what they want to see to give you the support.  Do it and they will have no choice but to support you.

As for the "other guy" you know, knowing nothing about the trade they want is a definite negative and will likely score low in job knowledge however if they meet the requirements for the UTPNCM program and have applied for pilot, Nav or AEC then the military still has to honor the application and test that person.

Yes still waiting! Hopefully we hear something soon. What are you applying for? I am applying for HCA and LOG. Best of luck!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Pagan said:
Anyone else creeping these forums waiting for an offer?

Yup...lol. On the final background check soon to be competition listed anytime now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lohocard said:
Yup...lol. On the final background check soon to be competition listed anytime now....

I don't get what you mean... Backround check for what?

Pagan said:
Anyone else creeping these forums waiting for an offer?

Totally! Expecting messages after the 15th. I applied for LOG only. Second year applying, last year log was my 3rd choice and I did not pass ACS. This year, LOG as number one and only.

MasterInstructor said:

Background check as in calling all of my references, calling all of my employers, credit check etc.

MasterInstructor said:
Dont think its for UTPNCM
Pretty sure hes a new recruit.

To all the UTP applicants: Good luck...only about another month until offers start coming down haha.

Its well worth the wait, trust me!

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk

I am looking at AEC.  Good luck to all the other applicants this year.  Anyone else looking to go to UVic?

Pagan said:
I am looking at AEC.  Good luck to all the other applicants this year.  Anyone else looking to go to UVic?

I am currently at UVic. No I am not accepted to UTPNCM but I I took academic & annual leave combined with shift work schedule and have been attending UVic since September. I am taking summer classes as well.

Hopefully this year I will get UTPNCM so that I do not have to work on the weekends and evenings. I already have 14 courses done. I will be finishing my second year this summer.

MasterInstructor said:
I am currently at UVic. No I am not accepted to UTPNCM but I I took academic & annual leave combined with shift work schedule and have been attending UVic since September. I am taking summer classes as well.

Hopefully this year I will get UTPNCM so that I do not have to work on the weekends and evenings. I already have 14 courses done. I will be finishing my second year this summer.

Nice!  I grew up in Victoria.  I've been doing my courses through the University of Manitoba.  Its my seconds choice for schools since they gave me something like 24 credits (12 uvic credits) for military service and experience.  However, that being said, UVic would be a far better place to go IMO.  I mean its Victoria....

Pagan said:
Nice!  I grew up in Victoria.  I've been doing my courses through the University of Manitoba.  Its my seconds choice for schools since they gave me something like 24 credits (12 uvic credits) for military service and experience.  However, that being said, UVic would be a far better place to go IMO.  I mean its Victoria....

Some schools take U of M as the standard for Military transfer credits (Acadia did for me). Apply everywhere you think you might want to attend school; even though the message makes it seem like you have to go to a school in your geolocation - once accepted, my impression is that the rules become more flexible on that.

Edit: for clarification, if you bring your statement of transfer credits from UofM to other universities - they will most likely grant you the same credits (or try their best to do so).

UVic didnt give me any of those transfers but I would take living in Victoria again in a second.

Any fellow SCP applicants for this year here? I put in for MARS. Hoping to hear something soon.

kreuot said:
Any fellow SCP applicants for this year here? I put in for MARS. Hoping to hear something soon.

I am awaiting news for SCP as well, I put in for HCA. Let me know if you hear anything?

DAL12 said:
I am awaiting news for SCP as well, I put in for HCA. Let me know if you hear anything?
For sure. Good luck! Did the BPSO give you any solid dates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back