• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting and not knowing is so stressful. To wait a whole year to hear an answer is rough.

Does anyone know on average how many people apply for UTPNCM per year?

I applied HCA and LOG (2,8 positions) so I imagine its very tough competition.

I'm not sure about UTPNCM but I was told a little over 200 people applied for SCP last year and I would imagine it would be something similar. Yeah, I think things like HCA, LOG, INT O, etc. are pretty competitive since a lot of people seem to want those trades. However, LOG seems to hire in pretty large numbers.

I also spoke with the BPSO yesterday and was told that no offers have been sent out. He said to not be surprised if we hear back in June or even July. At least for right now no news is good news. Good luck everyone!

Hire in large numbers.. as in more than 8? lol... it would be a pleasant surprise if they decided to increase their SIP numbers and take a bunch.

Well my boss called me a couple minutes ago to inform me that he has my offer for UTPNCM.  I was offered ACSO and I willbe going to UVic for the next few years.  He emailed me the message so it is pretty legit.  You guys should be expecting them in the morning or soonest.  Good luck to the rest of you and I hope to see a few of you at UVic in September!!@!!

Congratulations! Now I am nervous lol hearing that folks are getting messages!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Congrats! I know there's been an offer for MSEO as well. A friend of mine got the call yesterday afternoon.

It's the only official message I've seen sent out thus far on the east coast.

Here is the email exchange between CFB Esquimalt BPSO Admin:

Good morning,

I am hearing that some UTPNCM offers came in yesterday. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything yet. Do they normally come in all at once or trade by trade? Just trying to see if I should spend the weekend crying ;) haha"

Hi,

We were just notified yesterday that UTPNCM offer messages should be coming out soon but have not seen any yet.  Don't spend your weekend crying!  :)

Waiting for SCP MARS. I don't think we will be hearing much news until next week because of the long weekend. At least here at CFB Edmonton, almost everyone has today off as well.  :'( Going to have such terrible anxiety over the weekend waiting.

I think both UTPNCM and SCP messages should come out at the same time but if anyone else here is an SCP applicant could you please let me know if you receive anything.

If I don't get UTPNCM Naval LOGO this year, I'm going to rewrite my CFAT and reapply for that along with UPTNCM MARS and SCP NCS Eng next year.

I'm going to spread out my chances next year.

misratah500 said:
If I don't get UTPNCM Naval LOGO this year, I'm going to rewrite my CFAT and reapply for that along with UPTNCM MARS and SCP NCS Eng next year.

I'm going to spread out my chances next year.

Except the SCP NCS, same here... This is my second year waiting for Naval Log UTPNCM. I am already starting my 3rd year in September at UVIC... Might even turn into a SCP in the 4th year haha.

Applying for SCP should be easier but I don't think they recruit large numbers. Since you guys are on Navy bases, either of you know many people who applied for SCP MARS this year? Being on an army base most people I know who applied for the program did so for LOG, INT, and PAFO.

kreuot said:
Applying for SCP should be easier but I don't think they recruit large numbers. Since you guys are on Navy bases, either of you know many people who applied for SCP MARS this year? Being on an army base most people I know who applied for the program did so for LOG, INT, and PAFO.

No idea, but to be honest, you should not have any problems getting MARS... Not many people apply for MARS out here...

:) Hope that's true. I was told they were only taking 2 for SCP this year. It seems like most combat arms trades have very few applicants from UTPNCM and SCP. Most of us have lived the life and realize it's not as glorious as the recruiting videos make it out to be. I don't understand why in-service commissioning applicants aren't given priority over DEO's. We have put the time in and probably have a better chance at succeeding than some civilian off the street.

kreuot said:
:) Hope that's true. I was told they were only taking 2 for SCP this year. It seems like most combat arms trades have very few applicants from UTPNCM and SCP. Most of us have lived the life and realize it's not as glorious as the recruiting videos make it out to be. I don't understand why in-service commissioning applicants aren't given priority over DEO's. We have put the time in and probably have a better chance at succeeding than some civilian off the street.

It has to do with "opportunity cost". You are already trained in your trade and have a certain expertise. The military is then throwing all that training away, has to train someone for your position AND train you for your new trade AND spend the money to send you to university...

I was hoping to hear others getting good news today but if it helps the other guy in my office was "told" that his message came in for an offer but he has yet to see proof.  I seem to be the lucky one here.  I do sincerly wish you all luck!

Pagan said:
Well my boss called me a couple minutes ago to inform me that he has my offer for UTPNCM.  I was offered ACSO and I will be going to UVic for the next few years.  He emailed me the message so it is pretty legit.  You guys should be expecting them in the morning or soonest.  Good luck to the rest of you and I hope to see a few of you at UVic in September!!@!!

Congrats, Pagan! Enjoy life as a student for the next few years in beautiful Victoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back