• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
virtualwog said:
I also applied for (air) Log... the stats on the SIP from Feb 18 make it seem like pretty good odds, 15 positions with 16 applicants projected for UTPNCM. Good luck to all, it's just a waiting game now.

I'm looking at the SIP now for log and its showing under the target internal UTPNCM column 15 positions... then it is showing 16 under "Intake-to-date" LOG utpncm. Does that mean they have already selected 16 people? Why do you say that it means 16 projected applicants?

My friend I think you are seeing last years numbers, FY 17/18 SIP is from last year that ended April 1. We are UTPNCM SIP FY 18/19. You're looking at the people they hired last year, and yes its stupid, but the numbers sit in that chart all year long because the offers were between May to August FY 17/18 and they keep them in there until they release the new numbers.

I worked at recruiting for 3 years so I'm familiar with how SIPs work. Once they update this sheet after Feb 2018 which was last time they did it should reflect the demand they have for CFR/SCP/UTP, but for now you're looking at out dated numbers. They took 16 LOGOs last year but I guarantee you they rejected many more, I know cause I was one of the ones that got rejected last year.

misratah500 said:
My friend I think you are seeing last years numbers, FY 17/18 SIP is from last year that ended April 1. We are UTPNCM SIP FY 18/19. You're looking at the people they hired last year, and yes its stupid, but the numbers sit in that chart all year long because the offers were between May to August FY 17/18 and they keep them in there until they release the new numbers.

I worked at recruiting for 3 years so I'm familiar with how SIPs work. Once they update this sheet after Feb 2018 which was last time they did it should reflect the demand they have for CFR/SCP/UTP, but for now you're looking at out dated numbers. They took 16 LOGOs last year but I guarantee you they rejected many more, I know cause I was one of the ones that got rejected last year.

I am looking at the 17/18 ones and that makes a lot of sense thank you for clarifying! so only 1 out of 3 for pilot was filled UTP last year... interesting. But now that I look at many of the other trades the numbers are matching...so that definitely confirms it.

I was just interpreting the 17/18 competition to apply to the 17/18 sip but since fiscal year has reset that makes a lot more sense. thanks again

ridsteram said:
I am looking at the 17/18 ones and that makes a lot of sense thank you for clarifying! so only 1 out of 3 for pilot was filled UTP last year... interesting. But now that I look at many of the other trades the numbers are matching...so that definitely confirms it.

I was just interpreting the 17/18 competition to apply to the 17/18 sip but since fiscal year has reset that makes a lot more sense. thanks again

You are correct in your original interpretation, I believe. I had my interview mid Feb, the BPSO advised me there were 15 positions and 16 applicants this year. Following this, the intake for the SIP applies to the past year, 17/18, when we applied(the intake for 17/18 shows applications for 17/18, not applicants of 16/17 who started school in 17/18). The next SIP will show applicants in the year 18/19. Similar to how new enrollments show people who enrolled in 17/18, not people who enrolled in 16/17.

Also, when I said projected applicants, I was referring to the 16 applications having been received for this FY(notwithstanding any withdrawals). I apologize if this was not clear.

Where in the SIP document can you see applicants. I only see positions available and positions filled.

misratah500 said:
Where in the SIP document can you see applicants. I only see positions available and positions filled.

I am inferring that the Intake To-Date column refers to applicants, as the UTPNCM value would not change over time if it was referring to the previous year's applicants/intake (given the application period of approx. Oct-Jan). Of course, I could be wrong, it just fits together too smoothly with confirmation of only 16 applicants and 15 positions for this year.

Has anyone heard anything regarding UTPNCM messages? My local BPSO has not seen any yet. My coc has heard rumors about some folks from the career manager and that's about it.

regulator12 said:
Has anyone heard anything regarding UTPNCM messages? My local BPSO has not seen any yet. My coc has heard rumors about some folks from the career manager and that's about it.

Nothing in Trenton. I heard somebody from North Bay had his posting  and promotion cancelled by his CM because he will be given an offer.

Been pretty quiet on the UTP front so far. Outside of rumors from CMs has anyone actually seen a message?

misratah500 said:
Been pretty quiet on the UTP front so far. Outside of rumors from CMs has anyone actually seen a message?

I am not even sure which CMs get the intel. When I talked with my CM during my interview he said he prob would not hear anything until the message because I am NESOP and applied for LOGO. He said that if I applied for MARS, he could have inside info but unlikely for LOG since it’s so different.

Supply CM is more likely to have insider info.

He said that if I got a rejection, he would cut me up a posting message immediately to a ship and I haven’t seen a message yet. Fingers crossed! At least I know that my career manager did not hear anything about a rejection for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

misratah500 said:

On another note this is the last year I am applying for UTP. This is my 3rd try. I have been attending university this whole time and I’m graduating in December so I will just apply for SCP at that point or get out and get back in as a direct entry officer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

misratah500 said:

Nothing official yet here in Esquimalt - for me at least - only grumblings and 'un-officialness' from the career shop/snr trade members rumour mill (no names, just numbers/ranks but we have a very small trade).  I have an active posting message for this summer so they're tracking that as well.  They've told me not to spend anything yet, which is a hint in my opinion, but I'm definitely a "show me the message" kind of guy when it comes to believing anything.

Anyone else with official offers? CFR's started back on April 4th, so I'm assuming its not UTPNCM's turn.

numberstrategy said:
I received an offer for UTPNCM Pilot at a civilian university on Friday.

Very nice that means offers are starting to come out. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back