• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with the bpso here in Halifax on Monday and just to add to the other responses, they have just finished selection.

sheilainthevalley said:
My PSO was corresponding with Ottawa today and he said that UTPNCM messages are rolling out this week so I shouldn't expect a quick reply (on another matter) -- just a heads up!

You said they are rolling out this week.. but tomorrow is friday already!

Lol. Here's one for you.
It's my first year putting in for UTP. After waiting all these weeks with fingers crossed like everyone else I just found out - today - that the OR actually received my offer during the first week of May. It technically expired a little more than a week ago....
I wasn't informed until today for a variety of clerical and OpTempo reasons. Needless to say, I was thrilled.
It turned into quite the hectic afternoon with the UOR & CoC trying to get in touch with 5-2 & CMs respectively to see if it was too late or not. In the end the CM said the offer was miraculously still valid (as second round offers apparently hadn't gone out yet) as long as I sent in my acceptance ASAP.
So, hoping that this was correct since no one could reach the UTP board pers to confirm, the rest of the afternoon was a mad rush to get new TOS signed and scrounge everything together for the acceptance message to be sent.

So, now I'm back to waiting again, hoping against hope that the CM was correct. What a s#!t show...
BUT, I gotta give a big shout out to the various folks that banded together to help me out this afternoon, couldn't have done it without them.

Congratulations! What trade offer did you receive? What school? Cost move?

Also, did they tell you why there was a delay from your OR to forward the offer?

jofafa said:
Well that's a pretty scary story. I hope for you that it all works out.

Me too, thanks!

nordi said:
Congratulations! What trade offer did you receive? What school? Cost move?

Also, did they tell you why there was a delay from your OR to forward the offer?

Int. Carleton. No cost as I'm already in the NCR.

Ref the delay - there was no delay on the OR's part. I saw the email they sent out same day. I'll just leave it at a combination of clerical error / OpTempo.

Same story as crumplestiltskin. My utp offer was cut in April and is still sitting in my OR. I have still not received it through my chain. I was able to describe the situation to a member in my OR and had them print me a hard copy just before the deadline to accept and I then contacted the originator of the message directly.

I'm surprised I'm the only one as a member said they were apparently drafting offers this week.

I figure they might have just started doing the main bulk.. My guess its that most offers will be sent by end of next week unless something else stalls them. Apperently they were unusually swamped with other various work this year and they fell behind on OTs.

Hey everyone, currently an applicant just asking a question. How do you know what trades are available for UTPNCM and what the intake numbers are, can you apply for any trade in any element? Thank you!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

fastuniball said:
Hey everyone, currently an applicant just asking a question. How do you know what trades are available for UTPNCM and what the intake numbers are, can you apply for any trade in any element? Thank you!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
There is a strategic intake plan posted on a DWAN site that lists the trades and number of positions.

Yes you can apply for any trade however you need to be taking a degree that is suitable for the paticular trades you are applying for.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back