• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
sidemount said:
There is a strategic intake plan posted on a DWAN site that lists the trades and number of positions.

Yes you can apply for any trade however you need to be taking a degree that is suitable for the paticular trades you are applying for.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Thank you, are you allowed to provide any info from the DWAN site? Just curious about naval combat systems and Marine systems engineering. Whether or not they even have positions available and intake numbers.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Ill check it out Monday when I am at work.

No offer yet.. probably waiting for a non-selection message at this point.

Hi guys. I called my PSO office today about my request for UTPNCM since many applicants already received their offer but not me. They asked Ottawa about it and Ottawa said that answers can come in up to the end of July. So as long as it does not say no officially, it is still possible. Good luck to those like me that are still looking at Outlook every 10 minutes for a message from their OR! And congrats to those who are accepted in this incredible program!

I just spoke with the BPSO office this morning. The admin staff there hasn't seen any offers, but it looks like the 2019 SCP CANFORGEN is rolling out next week, which makes them think all offers have been sent out. Next year I guess.

sidemount said:
Ill check it out Monday when I am at work.

Hi, were you able to find anything out with those two trades? Navel Combat Systems and Marine Systems Engineering? Thanks.

Fastuniball, I just checked last year's CANFORGEN for the trades that are opened for UTPNCM and the two trades you asked for were not available. The CANFORGEN was posted in August so maybe the trades will be available for 2018. Since you seem to be interessted with Navy trades, MAR SS is available.

CHEERS!

fastuniball said:
Hi, were you able to find anything out with those two trades? Navel Combat Systems and Marine Systems Engineering? Thanks.

Sorry had it type out and didnt post it.
Here are the 17/18 numbers...they dont change much from year to year

The SIP has NWO(Mars)/MAR SS at 1, NAV Eng at 0, MS Eng and NCS Eng both at 2.

Keep in mind these are always subject to change.

Sent from my S8 using Tapatalk (expect typos)

avn188 said:
Fastuniball, I just checked last year's CANFORGEN for the trades that are opened for UTPNCM and the two trades you asked for were not available. The CANFORGEN was posted in August so maybe the trades will be available for 2018. Since you seem to be interessted with Navy trades, MAR SS is available.

CHEERS!

This in incorrect. Both MS Eng and NCS Eng were available for the 2018 competition, based on CANFORGEN. They are the last two.

Just got my selection message for UTPNCM EME officer, they're still coming in, don't lose hope!

sidemount said:
Sorry had it type out and didnt post it.
Here are the 17/18 numbers...they dont change much from year to year

The SIP has NWO(Mars)/MAR SS at 1, NAV Eng at 0, MS Eng and NCS Eng both at 2.

Keep in mind these are always subject to change.

Sent from my S8 using Tapatalk (expect typos)
Awesome, good to know. I found DEO intake numbers online (buck_hra) for those trades to be 5-8 this year.

Currently I'm on the competition list for ROTP, but if I'm not successful I would switch my application to NCM ( W ENG TECH). Then down the road see what happens. It's good to know there is possibility for professional growth.

Thanks everyone.

Sorry for the mistake, did not mean to fool anyone with my fake news...  :facepalm:

fastuniball said:
Awesome, good to know. I found DEO intake numbers online (buck_hra) for those trades to be 5-8 this year.

Currently I'm on the competition list for ROTP, but if I'm not successful I would switch my application to NCM ( W ENG TECH). Then down the road see what happens. It's good to know there is possibility for professional growth.

Thanks everyone.

This is what i did. I tried for LOG O from the street to go to university. Didn't work so i went Traffic tech. 6 years later i am going back to school. It's good to see both sides and i enjoyed every minute of being an NCM. Good luck!

That's actually really assuring to read, thank you. Also, congrats on getting it this year, any advice for someone starting their career with UTPNCM as a goal in mind?
jofafa said:
This is what i did. I tried for LOG O from the street to go to university. Didn't work so i went Traffic tech. 6 years later i am going back to school. It's good to see both sides and i enjoyed every minute of being an NCM. Good luck!

Well always give your maximum and show some leadership. Your CFAT score is worth a lot in your application so try to have 50+, that's what made the difference in my case.

Hope this helps

Information for all:

If you applied for UTPNCM and are willing to attend RMC, you must apply to RMC separately from the UTP application. I just submitted my app to RMC now after getting off the phone with their admissions dept. It looks like I wasn't the only one: some mbrs who have their UTP posting message to RMC did not apply directly to RMC and are now finding out that they have to apply ASAP for a fall term, which is not a guaranteed acceptance.

Just letting you know just in case you were told that you did not need to apply to RMC. That is only if you are willing to attend RMC though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back