• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

Does anyone happen to know what the ref is for the ballcaps manufacture?

Looking to get some made up for the team here for fun, and figure if it's close enough on the font it should fly. We don't have unit ones I I don't feel like buying an RCN one from CANEX.

Does anyone happen to know what the ref is for the ballcaps manufacture?

Looking to get some made up for the team here for fun, and figure if it's close enough on the font it should fly. We don't have unit ones I I don't feel like buying an RCN one from CANEX.

DM inbound.

OK, so I'm bringing this thread back to the original topic (don't shoot me). With the retro look army uniform coming out, should the army bring back the embroidered regiment titles on the shoulder of the tunic sleeve? If you think about it, why do we need all uniforms to have a CANADA shoulder flash? Those posted outside Canada wear an embroidered Canadian flag patch (don't they)? The embroidered regiment titles should be cheaper to produce than the metal unit IDs that are pinned on the epaulets and would look better (IMO). So go totally old school with the retro looking army DEU. Yes, not going to happen anyway, but an interesting thought. Rant away! (ducks for cover)

OK, so I'm bringing this thread back to the original topic (don't shoot me). With the retro look army uniform coming out, should the army bring back the embroidered regiment titles on the shoulder of the tunic sleeve? If you think about it, why do we need all uniforms to have a CANADA shoulder flash? Those posted outside Canada wear an embroidered Canadian flag patch (don't they)? The embroidered regiment titles should be cheaper to produce than the metal unit IDs that are pinned on the epaulets and would look better (IMO). So go totally old school with the retro looking army DEU. Yes, not going to happen anyway, but an interesting thought. Rant away! (ducks for cover)
We wore embroidered shoulder titles on our "working" uniforms - battledress and bush dress. On "service dress" we wore metal titles on the epaulette.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 19.44.34.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 19.44.34.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
OK, so I'm bringing this thread back to the original topic (don't shoot me). With the retro look army uniform coming out, should the army bring back the embroidered regiment titles on the shoulder of the tunic sleeve? If you think about it, why do we need all uniforms to have a CANADA shoulder flash?
Some do already - I thought the red PPCLI shoulder flashes came back a few years ago.

Those posted outside Canada wear an embroidered Canadian flag patch (don't they)?
No they don't. The uniforms are the same as in Canada.

Which retro we going with? Shoulder titles were used in various forms of service dress during WWI and WWII. WWII Battle Dress has the cloth unit identifiers on them, but Khaki Drill still had Shoulder Titles. The "Canada" thing shows up post Unification (most likely due to the RCAF and RCN having it on their pre-Unification uniforms) and has been retained even after shoulder titles were reintroduced with DEU. The fact the PPCLI and RCR have decided to move into the realm stupidity by duplicating both regimental flashes and shoulder titles is strictly for nostalgia and dick measuring.

I would say remove the frigging cloth flashes and stick with pin on shoulder titles. One less thing to sew on at the tailors and keeps with the ARMY tradition of not having cloth unit flashes on Service Dress.

The PPCLI red and white shoulder flash was reinstated in 2014. Incidentally itโ€™s the Regimentโ€™s birthday tomorrow.
It is not the regiment's birthday on 17 March, the Regimental birthday is on 10 Aug. 17 March is Regimental Day it is in honour of the birthday of Princess Patricia of Connaught, later Lady Patricia Ramsay.

They are wearing the flashes so are a few other units
1679055579896.png

OK, didn't realize that. Thanks for the info. Don't agree with units wearing both cloth shoulder flashes and the metal pin-on shoulder titles. Get rid of the metal pin-ons, more expensive to produce and the cloth shoulder flashes look better IMO.

It is not the regiment's birthday on 17 March, the Regimental birthday is on 10 Aug. 17 March is Regimental Day it is in honour of the birthday of Princess Patricia of Connaught, later Lady Patricia Ramsay.

They are wearing the flashes so are a few other units
View attachment 76831
Love the Presidential Unit Citation

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

I'm pretty sure PPCLI are the only unit wearing PPCLI badges.

Scared Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Back