• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

As is yours.

Was he there last year or the year before? Right.
He was invited to this occasion by the families. Your still assuming, but kindly show me my assumptions in this discussion. I certainly didn't assume honourable soldiers were clowns.

So the guys that did deploy from his unit, including the CO and CSM are clowns? Talk about disrespecting and going after someone's servicešŸ™„
Donā€™t be daft. You know exactly what I said and what I meant. If this guy was a Republican youā€™d be praising his service to the moon and beyond and ranting to anyone attacking it and you know it. The fact is that one side is attacking one manā€™s service and the other is not (in Vanceā€™s case). It all for political points. So far the MSGA crowd has done mostly personal attacks (even going so far as to attack his neuro divergent sonā€™s reaction at the convention) and it isnā€™t really working. To the point where that sideā€™s more ā€œreasonableā€ types are begging them to stick to policy. Donā€™t get me wrong, I have no doubt the Dems are loving it from a political advantage point.
LCol John Kolb, Commander, who took Walz's unit to war.

LINK - Former leader of Tim Walzā€™s unit joins stolen valor attacks: ā€˜Affrontā€™ to claim rank ā€˜he did not earnā€™
View attachment 87594

CSM Tom Behrends, Walz's replacement

Tim Walz a ā€˜cowardā€™ and ā€˜traitorā€™ for retiring from military before Iraq, says Guardsman who replaced VP pick​

LINK - MSN

And nowhere did he claim there was stolen valour.

He was invited to this occasion by the families. Youā€™re still assuming, but kindly show me my assumptions in this discussion. I certainly didn't assume honourable soldiers were clowns.
Good on him. So an opportunist. Like I said, I hope it helped them. But this was a political move on his part. Nothing else.

if they are attacking his service unfairly, they are. That isnā€™t an indictment of THEIR service. You might be ok with that. Iā€™m not.

If you need me to explain it to you I certainly can.

Keeping the sacrifice of Warriors, that were needlessly murdered, in the minds of people is good enough for me. I don't care who set it up.

It was a unnecessary loss of life that was a direct result of the hamfisted, poorly executed surrender by the Biden administration.

The post that I was responding to (in this thread that is about the presidential election campaign) was highlighting that Trump was attending a memorial ceremony while Biden and Harris were off politicking. It's one thing to denigrate the motives/actions of individuals for not recognizing the sacrifice of others by not attending a function, but it's a whole other matter when trying to assign that they have distain for that sacrifice when they haven't been invited to a private function.

The post that I was responding to (in this thread that is about the presidential election campaign) was highlighting that Trump was attending a memorial ceremony while Biden and Harris were off politicking. It's one thing to denigrate the motives/actions of individuals for not recognizing the sacrifice of others by not attending a function, but it's a whole other matter when trying to assign that they have distain for that sacrifice when they haven't been invited to a private function.
Some people want things both waysā€¦

Donā€™t be daft. You know exactly what I said and what I meant. If this guy was a Republican youā€™d be praising his service to the moon and beyond and ranting to anyone attacking it and you know it. The fact is that one side is attacking one manā€™s service and the other is not (in Vanceā€™s case). It all for political points. So far the MSGA crowd has done mostly personal attacks (even going so far as to attack his neuro divergent sonā€™s reaction at the convention) and it isnā€™t really working. To the point where that sideā€™s more ā€œreasonableā€ types are begging them to stick to policy. Donā€™t get me wrong, I have no doubt the Dems are loving it from a political advantage point.

And nowhere did he claim there was stolen valour.
No, I know you called Walz's detractors clowns. You made zero caveats.

Do not pretend to know what I would or would not do. That's twice you've done it in as many days

What grounds do they have to attack Vanceā€™s service?

Pot, kettle. All the dems have done are personal attacks. Nazis, KKK, White Supremists, Authoritarians, dictators, Trump ruined the border even claims that Vanceā€™s family should be raped. The whole convention was an attack on Trump and the GOP.

The dems have no policy except for what they've stolen from Trump. And Harris flip flopping on all the policies she ushered into law during her tour as VP.

While LCol Kolb didn't use the exact phrase Stolen Valour, he made it pretty clear Walz's was a shitpump. CSM Behrends called it Stolen Valor.

The 13 soldiers lost their lives as a direct result of the decisions made by Biden and Harris.

Please show me where I said anything about others not attending or that they had disdain for the loss of life?

Good on him. So an opportunist. Like I said, I hope it helped them. But this was a political move on his part. Nothing else.

if they are attacking his service unfairly, they are. That isnā€™t an indictment of THEIR service. You might be ok with that. Iā€™m not.

If you need me to explain it to you I certainly can.
Well I'm glad you are more cognizant and better qualified to speak about Walz than his own CO and CSM. Two people that were intimately involved with the situation and able to address one of their soldiers performance, pitfalls and resulting repercussions.

How did I denigrate (indicte) their service? From what has been written, it wasn't me that called them clowns.

Why would I need you to explain? You're in my head, you know what I'm thinking.

OpportunistšŸ¤£. Pay attention, one last time. He was invited by the families. All he did was recognise their wishes. An opportunist would likely hear about the service and just show up.

No, I know you called Walz's detractors clowns. You made zero caveats.
Exactly. Clowns is not service dependent now is it?
Do not pretend to know what I would or would not do. That's twice you've done it in as many days
I can only go by what you have historically posted on these subjects.
What grounds do they have to attack Vanceā€™s service?
None. Just like Walz. No grounds other than it being political.
Pot, kettle. All the dems have done are personal attacks. Nazis, KKK, White Supremists, Authoritarians, dictators, Trump ruined the border even claims that Vanceā€™s family should be raped. The whole convention was an attack on Trump and the GOP.
Yep. No argument there. Itā€™s an easy umbrella to put on both sides. It seems to be working for the Dems though as they are trying to project positivity over negativity wit their renewed campaign. Polls are tightening up and being surpassed.
The dems have no policy except for what they've stolen from Trump. And Harris flip flopping on all the policies she ushered into law during her tour as VP.
Yes. Definitely a weakness in their campaign. But the GOP seems to not want to exploit that very much. I have some theories but canā€™t be 100# sure as to why.
While LCol Kolb didn't use the exact phrase Stolen Valour, he made it pretty clear Walz's was a shitpump. CSM Behrends called it Stolen Valor.
And while some didnā€™t like him others did. We all know plenty of people that like or dislike people in command positions. Sounds like there may have been some friction in that command team?

Doesnā€™t change the fact that his service is being attacked. Personally I donā€™t think itā€™s really working and is only showing a bit of desperation as Walzā€™s approval ratings seem to be climbing. (5 points since the convention).

Well I'm glad you are more cognizant and better qualified to speak about Walz than his own CO and CSM. Two people that were intimately involved with the situation and able to address one of their soldiers performance, pitfalls and resulting repercussions.
No you arenā€™t and no I am not. Glad you believe them. I donā€™t really care.
How did I denigrate (indicte) their service? From what has been written, it wasn't me that called them clowns.
Where did I say you did? You said that I did, (knowing full well you were trolling btw) but I offered to explain it more clearly if youā€™d like.
Why would I need you to explain? You're in my head, you know what I'm thinking.
because you got it wrong. Offer still stands.
OpportunistšŸ¤£. Pay attention, one last time. He was invited by the families. All he did was recognise their wishes. An opportunist would likely hear about the service and just show up.
Thanks. Iā€™m sure he was. He likely gets invited to a pile of stuff. Iā€™m sure he saw the opportunity and made that calculation. Everything right now in the campaign is calculated. Itā€™s no small coincidence that this is a bit of damage control over his CMH comments that heā€™s still taking flak for.

Exactly. Clowns is not service dependent now is it?

I can only go by what you have historically posted on these subjects.

None. Just like Walz. No grounds other than it being political.

Yep. No argument there. Itā€™s an easy umbrella to put on both sides. It seems to be working for the Dems though as they are trying to project positivity over negativity wit their renewed campaign. Polls are tightening up and being surpassed.

Yes. Definitely a weakness in their campaign. But the GOP seems to not want to exploit that very much. I have some theories but canā€™t be 100# sure as to why.

And while some didnā€™t like him others did. We all know plenty of people that like or dislike people in command positions. Sounds like there may have been some friction in that command team?

Doesnā€™t change the fact that his service is being attacked. Personally I donā€™t think itā€™s really working and is only showing a bit of desperation as Walzā€™s approval ratings seem to be climbing. (5 points since the convention).
Yeah, you can't explain it away that easy. You said what you said.

You made a definitive accusation. Once again, don't presume to know me. You can guess, but say it's a guess.

Some people do, some people don't, isn't an answer. It's an attempt to end the discussion.

If there is nothing to the accusations, why are they going around scrubbing and changing websites. Making statements about mispeaking. Why didn't his own statements match his service? What is it they are trying to correct/ bury? It was never important enough to do before, but now that the lies have come to light, hurting the campaign, they're trying to change them or brush them off.

She has a 5 point lead, depending who you ask, coming off the convention. It's pretty well within margin of error. It is a snapshot and means nothing. Especially two months out. Perhaps after 39 days she'll give an interview or answer a question and we can figure out where she stands. Or maybe she intends to campaign from Joe's basement.

maybe you might learn something,

Edit: LOL. I just realized you havenā€™t actually read what I wrote. Cancel my last.

Reading is one thing, giving consideration to is another. Yes, I know this goes both ways, don't be weird.

Yeah, you can't explain it away that easy. You said what you said.
Yeah, I can. And I did, you choosing to convienantly ignore it is a YOU problem.
You made a definitive accusation. Once again, don't presume to know me. You can guess, but say it's a guess.
Yep. I stand by it. How about this, I stand by my guess?
Some people do, some people don't, isn't an answer. It's an attempt to end the discussion.
No itā€™s a consensus, you donā€™t like the fact that I agree with your position on that. Itā€™s not really an end of the discussion as much as really leaving you nowhere to go with your argument. Mostly because I agree. So there we are. Not much more to it. And I didnā€™t exactly say some people do and some , donā€™t. I suggest you read what I said. I was pretty clear.
If there is nothing to the accusations, why are they going around scrubbing and changing websites. Making statements about mispeaking. Why didn't his own statements match his service? What is it they are trying to correct/ bury? It was never important enough to do before, but now that the lies have come to light, hurting the campaign, they're trying to change them or brush them off.
Any campaign will do whatever damage control it can and correct anything that are mistakes. Iā€™m sure you understand that no?
She has a 5 point lead, depending who you ask, coming off the convention. It's pretty well within margin of error. It is a snapshot and means nothing. Especially two months out. Perhaps after 39 days she'll give an interview or answer a question and we can figure out where she stands. Or maybe she intends to campaign from Joe's basement.
of course. She actually didnā€™t get a bump. She pretty much stayed stable. He did though. By 5 points from before the DNC.

In the US people start voting in two weeks or so yes, some polling will matter at this juncture. All the way until the election.

She should indeed start giving interviews or meet with reporters. The longer she waits the worse it will get. No argument there.

And I have said it, this election will defiantly be a margin of error election. Down to a few swing states. But for the Dems it is still far better than what they were facing with Biden.

Back