• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Verification of Former Service (VFS) [Merged]

• Thread starter maple_leaf_forever
  • Start date
Loachman said:
Eventually, maybe we'll get this whole Site down to just one humungous mega-thread.

Precisely what I thought....  ;D

Hey just wondering.

I did my interview yesterday and it all went great.  We spoke about getting an offer to join back and what would my salary be ( Captain didn't know if I was going to be paid as a Soldier 1 or 2 or Corporal )

We spoke about what the next steps would be. 

He told me , I should get an offer anytime soon , and the offer would be telling me when I would need to show up to Borden.  He told me that my first day back would be probably the first day of some course.  Or like 1 week prior to the start of a course.

So basically they could send me an offer in 3 weeks , to be there in 4 months ( because he said they will not put me on PAT Platoon and wait )

My question is : When i sign the offer , when do I start to be paid and considered a member ?  Let's say I receive and offer in 3 weeks.  I sign it and I am happy and everything is perfect, but the offer says I need to be in Borden only in January.  Do I need to keep my civilian job until January because the army don't want to send me on PAT ? how does that work ?

krimynal said:
My question is : When i sign the offer , when do I start to be paid and considered a member ?  Let's say I receive and offer in 3 weeks.  I sign it and I am happy and everything is perfect, but the offer says I need to be in Borden only in January.  Do I need to keep my civilian job until January because the army don't want to send me on PAT ? how does that work ?

All that information will be on the message that is your "Offer".  Until you get that message, no one will know what the answer will be.

Currently in the process of re-enlisting and was wondering if there is any preference given from recruiting to return to previous unit.
Served 2012-2015 as reg force Infantry, in Shilo with 2nd battalion PPCLI.

Is there any way to apply with the intention of returning to this battalion, or at least the regiment?
Or is there no option given, and go where you are told after applying?

Welcome to Army.ca, coreyw709

While you are waiting (there is only a very small number of Recruiters and others who can post replies here), have a look at http://army.ca/forums/threads/294.0.html. If you don't find any useful information therein, ask your question there, where a lot more people can reply. We do not normally permit multiple identical posts on this Site, and consider it to be spamming, but I will make an exception.

Take some time to explore the rest of the Site as well. There is a ton of useful information here already.

Currently in the process of re-enlisting and was wondering if there is any preference given from recruiting to return to previous unit.
Served 2012-2015 as reg force Infantry, in Shilo with 2nd battalion PPCLI.

Is there any way to apply with the intention of returning to this battalion, or at least the regiment?
Or is there no option given, and go where you are told after applying?

You can ask the Recruiting office.  They should have a copy of your MPPR and it will have your Affiliated Unit on it, so there is a good probability that you can return to it, unless you specify that you want to go elsewhere.  I have seen former members return to their unit many times in the past.  To be safe, this is a question that they will be able to answer for you at the Recruiting Center.

Good Day,

As long as you're coming back as the same trade you will be treated as a skilled applicant.  You can request to rejoin your previous unit, and prior to signing a new Terms of Service you will be told where your first posting would be and you can then decided whether you want to resign or not.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

hey everyone ,

Do any of you actually have any clue on when the next selection date is for :

ACS Tech
AVN Tech
ATIS Tech

Last email I sent to the person in charge of my file , I got told that , no one knows and it might take A LONG TIME ( she did actually use cap letters ).

So I was just wondering what "A LONG TIME" meant.

P.S. Like usual I know it all depends on the interview / CFAT / Medical , but all of those were good to go and I was qualified for all trades. I just want to have an average of if there should be a selection this month , next month or ?

Thanks

P.S2. I looked up on the forum but it looked like old posts from 2005-2006-2007 .... if there is a new one , please just delete this post and link me towards it ! thanks !

So I know medical and the interview expire after a year, and the CFAT doesn't, but what about the background check and the reference check?

timed said:
So I know medical and the interview expire after a year, and the CFAT doesn't, but what about the background check and the reference check?

They likely will contact you by email to verify your references and all the info; and what changes that you may need to make can be done by replying via that email.    Redoing all the forms should not be necessary.

Hello,

I am in need of some help. I was at bmq at st Jean in September but due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to VR and return home. I have expressed my interest of re-enrolment as soon as possible and the military career counsellor has informed me that I have to write myself a re-enrolment letter. I am just curious as to what are the requirements and guidelines to writing this letter. Any assistance would be great.

Thank you

drewlt said:
I have to write myself a re-enrolment letter. I am just curious as to what are the requirements and guidelines to writing this letter.

Re-enrollment letters are discussed in the Getting Back In/Re-enrolling Mega Thread 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/294.875
"I was just wondering in terms of a re-enrollment letter which Reg-F requires, what should I be writing? How long should it be? And how specific should it be?"
36 pages.

Welcome to Army.ca, drewlt

There is a ton of information already on this Site about almost everything, as mariomike has kindly shown you.

If you VR then re enlist 3 years later do you maintain your pay rate. I left as a Cpl 4 and I'm wonder when I get back in if I'll go back to making the Cpl 4 pay rate or if I'll have to start back at Cpl 1 pay.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Mountaintime said:
If you VR then re enlist 3 years later do you maintain your pay rate. I left as a Cpl 4 and I'm wonder when I get back in if I'll go back to making the Cpl 4 pay rate or if I'll have to start back at Cpl 1 pay.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Usually, the CAF will recognize all prior service time, provided you re-enrol less than 5 years from your date of release.  Less than 3 years out, you usually get everything back (Rank, Pay and Occupation/Non-Occupation/Leadership Quals), 3-5 will be PLAR'd which results in a coin toss and anything more than 5 years post release, will be a hard sell but usually results in "Cpl (B)".

So I want to know all requirements to receive cpl rank. I have 4 years in and got out and getting back in. I should get cpl but was told I'm starting g at p3 pay grade until I finish my ql3's which is ok but I will not be getting back paid which does not make since to me is this a mistake because i have timed served. I will end up being in the training system for 1 1/2 to 2 years how can I stay at p3 for 2 years tell me that's wrong. Anyone have excess to the proper paper work in Dwan to clear this up for me thanks

hannloot said:
got out and getting back in.

Getting Back In/Re-enrolling Mega Thread 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/294.475
36 pages.

Back