• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanna get HARD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SemperFidelis

Inactive
Reaction score
...and LEAN???

Well then, suck it up buttercup.   You're not going to find motivation inside a bag of chips, or in the freezer behind the ice cream.   It's not a brew you'll find inside the beer bottle...you catching on?   Good.   Those of you looking for the "Perfect Diet" arent gonna find it here.   These are guildelines and suggestions, that are a) universal b) tried , tested and true c) helped me lose a total of over 100lbs.  

NUTRITION:

DO:

"¢Drink water with your meals

"¢Eat fruits for your desert

"¢Include low-fat protein foods such as: fish, turkey breast, non-fat dairy products, beans, egg whites

"¢Eat healthy fats: fish containing omega-3 fatty acids, use oil containing healthy fats such as olive oil and canola oils, nuts, beans, avocados,

SOURCES OF FRIENDLY FATTY ACIDS

OMEGA 3
Brazil nuts
Flaxseed
Rapeseed oil
Soybeans
Soybean oil
Walnuts
Walnut oil
Fish
shellfish

[td]OMEGA 6
Corn oil
Safflower oil
Sunflower oil
[/td]

[td] OMEGA-9
Almonds
Avocados
Canola oil
Olive oil
Peanut oil
Peanuts

[/td]

"¢Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains

"¢Eat: egg whites, all vegetables, all-bran cereals, plain oatmeal (mix some frozen berries with it for taste), chicken breast, brown rice,

"¢If you want to lose weight have a half-cup of high-bran cereal in the morning

"¢Try to eat all your foods as organic as possible, and with the least amount of exposure to heat as possible.
(heat alters the nutritional value of foods, and more times than not raises the gylecim index of a food, causing your body to produce more insulin which promotes fat storage ex. cooked carrots)

DO NOT:

"¢Do not eat : fast food burgers, fries, French bread, cakes, high sugar colas, biscuits, gravy, fried chicken, cookies, candy and ice cream

"¢Avoid foods containing high amounts of saturated and trans fats such as fatty red meat and high-fat dairy products

"¢Cut out the three whites : sugar, salt, white flour

DO EAT...
Strawberries
Grapes
Cranberries
Peanuts
Cashews
Sunflower seeds
Pistachios
Black, green, pinto, soy, sugar snap peas
Brown rice
Barley
Rye
Millet
Couscous
Brussels sprouts
Cabbage
Turnips
Lobster
Crab
Sardine
Lettuce
Celery
Mushrooms
Cauliflower
Broccoli
Tomatoes
Olives
Onions
Yogurt
Apples
Oranges
Peach
Plums
spinach

[td] DO NOT EAT...
Salt
Sugat
Alcohol
Beer
Roast potatoes
Chips
Honey
Corn flakes
Pop corn
Easy cook rice
White bread
Biscuits
Chocolate bars
Pizza
Doughnuts
Pancakes
Puff pastry (croissants etc)
Sausages
Cooked carrots
Sweet corn
White rice
Potatoes
Lasagna
Tomato ketchup
Caramel
Aspartame
Industrial mayonnaise
Jam
Crackers
Corn on the cob
Candy
Deep fried foods
Ice cream
[/td]

TRAINING INFO

AEROBICS:

Aerobics help burn calories and cut fat.   Good choices include walking, running, or gym aerobic machines (treadmill, elliptical trainer, stationary bike, or stair climber).   Exercise   for 60-90 minutes four days per week (on days that you're not doing leg work-outs).  
For maximum weight loss results, run in the morning when you wake up BEFORE you eat anything.   That way, the energy used for the run   is the energy stored ie. fat)

INTERVAL TRAINING:

Interval training involves exercising at high intensity for short periods followed by rest or light exercise.   Intervals help build muscle and increase muscle temperature to promote fat burning for hours after you stop exercising.   Do intervals   (10 sets of one-minute exercises at 100% of maximum effort followed by 1 minute of rest).   A good alternative is jumping rope ( 10 sets of jumping rope followed by one minute rest).  

WEIGHT TRAINING:

Use of lifting any weights available at home or the gym ( you can talk to a personal trainer, or search online for suggestions...or as I suspect, most of you are aware how to execute the motion of a bicep curl   :p ).   I would suggest 2-4 times per week, about 30mins to an hour. Remember...the days that you rest your muscles are just as important as the work outs.   When you rest, that is when you mucles are actually getting stronger, because they are repairing themselves.  

ANY QUESTIONS?...you know what to do!

must...avoid...obvious...pun!

That's a good post. Lots of common sense. The only thing I would add is to remember "Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation."  Trying too hard to stay to too strict a diet will often back-fire, and cause you to lose motivation. Allow yourself to cheat once in a while. ("Once in a while" is not twice a day, every day.)

Outstanding post!

I can't give up the beer though... or potatoes... or lasagna!

Excellent thread!
Thanks Semper F

Something easy to read and follow.

If all the readers would like more in depth-yet simplified information with regards to nutrition and/or training.  Just post the questions or what you'd like me to discuss/write about, and Ill respond accordingly.

a) I've taken a personal trainer course
b) Knowledge Ive acquired from
  1) other trainers
  2) fitness competitors/bodybuilders
  3) nutritionist
  4) literature & media publications

Haha, I just read the "Do Eat" list thinking ewww...and the "Do Not Eat" list thinking yumm....

Then I went and ate three Oreos.  ;D

(I did go for a run today, so it's not all bad). :p

haha, I wonder what all of you thought when you first read the title? ::)

Fry said:
haha, I wonder what all of you thought when you first read the title? ::)

This thread isn't "lets discuss this title" ....it's about training, and now back on topic!!  Like in training...KEEP YOUR FOCUS

...but the title is relative to the thread. LOL.

Focus is good. The mp3 player works wonders when running outside, especially to really fast paced death metal. I recommend some Cannibal Corpse. The beat is insane, you don't even recognize that you're breathing hard, or you need to stop, just crank it up. You keep going and going, just like bunny.

SemperFidelis said:
This thread isn't "lets discuss this title" ....it's about training, and now back on topic!!   Like in training...KEEP YOUR FOCUS

whip.gif

Is this a diet list or a eat healthy list? I thought honey, ketchup are ok on the nutrition side.

Ketchup has alot of sugar in it. Sugar is the devil when trying to get in shape. >:D

It also has Lycopene which is a major contributor in fighting colon cancer. Honey is also full of antioxidants and a natural sweetener. Cooking carrots actually raises the nutritional benefits. The fiber in carrots can trap the beta carotene, making it difficult for your body to extract. By cooking them slightly, you free the beta-carotene, from the fiber, which allows your body to absorb it better. Cooked sweet corn is also high in antioxidants, which help fight heart disease and cancers. It does lose some of its vitamin C however.

I guess those foods are ok then for people who are actually trying to gain weight. I just can't go above 154-158.

Island Ryhno said:
It also has Lycopene which is a major contributor in fighting colon cancer. Honey is also full of antioxidants and a natural sweetener. Cooking carrots actually raises the nutritional benefits. The fiber in carrots can trap the beta carotene, making it difficult for your body to extract. By cooking them slightly, you free the beta-carotene, from the fiber, which allows your body to absorb it better. Cooked sweet corn is also high in antioxidants, which help fight heart disease and cancers. It does lose some of its vitamin C however.

50 grams of pretzels has (approximately)
1g   of fiber
4g protein

Now are you gonna tell me its okay to it eat it (for someone who's trying to lose wight)   because it has a 1g of fiber and 4g of protein...lets never mind that its made from white flour (refined = not good for you) , salt ( water retention )   and has 41g of carbs per same serving... I dont think so.   You can argue every food has nutritional value.   However, for anyone trying to achieve optimal results due to healthy eating and exercising...eating foods with a high thermogenic value, low glycemic index (a measure of blood sugar level), and nutritious as possible often as possible is a must.

No to ketchup because its full of sugar...if you read the ingredients on the back (keep in mind the first ingredient on the list has the highest % and   the last the lowest % )   -This label is the Heinz Tomato Ketchup- Tomato Paste, Liquid Sugar, White Vinegar, Salt, Onion Powder, Spices.
If you want Lycopene...grab a darn tomato.  

As far as antioxidants go...vegetables and fruits that are rich in colours, for example : berries, brocolli, spinach, oranges, mangos,sweet potatoes etc etc etc

dont forget green tea...
goes great with the honey.

I agree, cheat day, 1 day a week MAX.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back