• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What Happens if you miss the call for employment?

Yeah, I understand that now that I'm calmer.

As I said, I'm stressed out enough about other things that when something else comes along it just piles up, y'know?

SMG said:
Yeah, I understand that now that I'm calmer.

As I said, I'm stressed out enough about other things that when something else comes along it just piles up, y'know?

Understandable. We all have stressors in life. (What seems inconsequential to you may seem overwhelming to another, and vice versa.) Just try to keep things in perspective and not tick off the MODs here in the mean-time  ;)

If you need to chat, send me a PM. I can't guarantee I'll have any ground-breaking advice to offer, but I don't mind listening.

Aha, I'm sure there are worse things than being banned from a forum.

But I'm a good boy!  :cdnsalute:

Dealing with a death atm, so keeping my sanity is a difficulty.

SMG said:
I checked today and I'm not, but I was just annoyed. Yes I know it's not perfect, but why tell me I am when I'm not?

Seems like standard practice for CFRC Ottawa to tell recruits things that aren't true...... :facepalm:

Did it ever occur to you that this guy simply made a mistake?

It has occurred to me, but I'm going through CFRC Ottawa as well as SMG and compared to Toronto it is night and day. DAA can maybe a-test to some of the issues I've been having with Ottawa. But to me it seems common practice for them to either exaggerate the truth, or not be entirely forthcoming.

I understand that recruiting centers are dealing with hundred's of people daily, and they can't predict the future of recruiting demand. But Ottawa has a tendency, in my view at least of getting recruits hopes up with information they know to be false.

KerryBlue said:
But Ottawa has a tendency, in my view at least of getting recruits hopes up with information they know to be false.

Note to File:

The lab rats appear to have stumbled onto the unadvertised "CFAT Part 2 - Aggravation Threshold Test." 

Interestingly, rather than recognizing it as testing their ability to deal with the routine but mindless military bureaucracy that it was designed to simulate, some are attributing it to active maliciousness within individual Recruiting Centres -- as though such initiative existed.

That such a process could produce completely unsubstantiated and out-to-lunch assessments suggests that this may be a useful test for potential Intelligence personnel.

Recommend passing the "CFAT 2" file to the Training Development chimpanzees for further study    :nod:

Journeyman, I'm really not aggravated or impatient at all(well maybe a little, exam season and all). I did not intend to indicate that the RC was doing it on purpose or maliciously as you are implying.
I've dealt with both Ottawa and Toronto, and while dealing with Toronto last year it was much more straight forward and easy to get through the process. When I called they would tell me everything, and the answers I would get would be standardized regardless of who at the RC I spoke to.
When it comes to Ottawa, every time I call or go in to speak to someone it's a different answer. Person A is saying one thing, B another and C something completely off the path from the other two. If I was give one honest answer by someone, I wouldn't be here posting this right now.

But SMG, me and I believe I've seen a few others have been led astray by recruiters at Ottawa and I recall a Sgt. at an Ottawa reserve unit telling me about how he can get people to his reserve unit but the RC at Ottawa usually ends up losing them for him.

I appreciate your spin on things though, it made for a good laugh.  :nod:

KerryBlue said:
Journeyman, I'm really not aggravated or impatient at all(well maybe a little, exam season and all). I did not intend to indicate that the RC was doing it on purpose or maliciously as you are implying.

KerryBlue said:
But Ottawa has a tendency, in my view at least of getting recruits hopes up with information they know to be false.

You need to choose your words carefully then, because you absolutely indicated they are doing it on purpose.

PuckChaser said:
You need to choose your words carefully then, because you absolutely indicated they are doing it on purpose.

Granted looking at it the way I can see how my choice of words can be misconstrued. I'll revise that statement, they may not have the mens rea when it comes to giving recruits information that may or may not be either entirely wrong or wholly wrong, but they do show the actus rea.

My only question is, why did the NCM look it up on the computer for two minutes checking on my status and tell me I was Merit Listed. Would it not say my file was in progress or something? I doubt it would be hard to decipher yes or no.

I have always wondered if we were told we were merit listed we actually were. Yet a "hiccup" was then found and therefore taken off the list. Perhaps for the time the NCM check you were indeed on. Then for whatever reasoning (perhaps yet to be disclosed to you) you were removed..... Maybe?

Maybe.. But I checked and everything was in, no issue, application is still in progress.

SMG said:
Maybe.. But I checked and everything was in, no issue, application is still in progress.

It happens man. It is an odd situation based on what I've read but it happens. I have had courses that I was supposed to go on get cancelled or the spots taken away just days before they were supposed to happen. I've also been told I didn't get loaded on a course days before it was supposed to happen and I didn't even know the course was happening.  >:D

Relax, wait out and remember it happens to everyone.

If I had a nickel for every time someone said "it happens to everyone."

SMG. For what it is worth. A buddy of mine is in Infantry. He was on a plane once headed to Afganastan, they landed and 10 mins later (without getting off) they were on their way home ..... It does happen. EVERYTHING is circumstantial ...

Aha, sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh.

"Woo let's go do this... why is the plane turning around?"

Damn that must have been a long terrible flight.

mrjasonc said:
SMG. For what it is worth. A buddy of mine is in Infantry. He was on a plane once headed to Afganastan, they landed and 10 mins later (without getting off) they were on their way home ..... It does happen. EVERYTHING is circumstantial ...

You really can't bullshyte a bullshyter. 

I take it you know nothing of aircraft other than they are craft that fly through the air.

mrjasonc said:

And was this a Canadian Infantry soldier?  I have heard of and been on many a "on the bus/off the bus" situations but have never heard of a situation like that.  I think someone was pulling your leg.

mrjasonc said:

Maybe here there is a place called Afghanastan in Maine or something and they went wheels up in Trenton. 

And it is not on the map though, because that is one of the place they are building "that which shall not be named".  :Tin-Foil-Hat:

John...has a long moustache.  John...has a long moustache.

Back