• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What Happens if you miss the call for employment?

CbtDvr13 said:
While I find this both frustrating and hilarious thank you for your comments DAA. Gives me hope I wont be one of those 3 year case files...but one never knows

Sweet chocolate Christ, you applied on the 15th of November. If you're getting this wound up barely three weeks in...

Relax, for Pete's sake. Relax!

Scott said:
Sweet chocolate Christ, you applied on the 15th of November. If you're getting this wound up barely three weeks in...

Relax, for Pete's sake. Relax!

Its been going through my head for the last 2 years or so. Finally was in a position to apply, I haven't been comfortable not knowing in the past, working on it in the present ;)

CbtDvr13 said:
Its been going through my head for the last 2 years or so. Finally was in a position to apply, I haven't been comfortable not knowing in the past, working on it in the present ;)

I'm a wee bit of a control freak. 'A' personalitied, go get'er, a planner, assertive, like to be in control when at all possible. NOT being in control is very difficult for me by nature. If I have gained nothing else but this during my application process--it's to have recognized the need to just 'let go' and accept that things are out of my control, period, and I need to roll with the punches. (Don't get me wrong, I still suck at it; but at least I understand it a lot more now.)

Hopefully your process will not be years in the making. But it case it DOES end up being 1, or 2+yrs. (like mine), you will only drive yourself crazy if you're constantly waiting for the next call, or wondering when such-and-such will be booked, or why so-and-so has been contacted and/or is farther ahead in their process than you are, why your MCC/file manager told you it would be x-amount of days/weeks for whatever, but it hasn't happened yet, etc. Yes, please relax. Breathe. Read. Sleep. Work. Play sports. Take up a new hobby. Whatever. Just have fun and enjoy this time.

I've called a few times to check my status.. Both yesterday and today, to no avail. I've been to the Ottawa RC enough to know that there's always a lot of people around :-/

SMG said:
I've called a few times to check my status.. Both yesterday and today, to no avail. I've been to the Ottawa RC enough to know that there's always a lot of people around :-/

Yeah they're not the greatest when it come to answering phones, returning emails and voice mails. If you can just go in, I've always found it easier then trying to call them and get a status update. Walk in to the scheduling cell and usually the guy manning the front desk can tell you what you need to know.

SMG said:

Adding to what Kerry said, it may appear like there are lot's of people around, but remember that doesn't always mean that those individuals are available or in a position to assist you. Keep in touch about the status of your application, but calling every day won't make your offer come any sooner and will only stress you out. I went about 6 months with no concrete updates and things have worked out in the end. Good luck!!

I'm calling every day because I haven't gotten a response yet. I WANT to find out my status.

SMG said:
I'm calling every day because I haven't gotten a response yet. I WANT to find out my status.

Try calling this number 613 992 3038, its the phone number for the scheduling cell of CFRC Ottawa, When presented with the options press whatever number it is when its asking if you are calling to book an appointment, this will get you through to the front desk. From there I seem to always get a response.

BeyondTheNow said:
I'm a wee bit of a control freak. 'A' personalitied, go get'er, a planner, assertive, like to be in control when at all possible. NOT being in control is very difficult for me by nature. If I have gained nothing else but this during my application process--it's to have recognized the need to just 'let go' and accept that things are out of my control, period, and I need to roll with the punches. (Don't get me wrong, I still suck at it; but at least I understand it a lot more now.)

Hopefully your process will not be years in the making. But it case it DOES end up being 1, or 2+yrs. (like mine), you will only drive yourself crazy if you're constantly waiting for the next call, or wondering when such-and-such will be booked, or why so-and-so has been contacted and/or is farther ahead in their process than you are, why your MCC/file manager told you it would be x-amount of days/weeks for whatever, but it hasn't happened yet, etc. Yes, please relax. Breathe. Read. Sleep. Work. Play sports. Take up a new hobby. Whatever. Just have fun and enjoy this time.

Yeah, word. I have plenty of time to improve my fitness levels before joining at least.. Maybe hit the shooting range a few more times for fun. Maybe take a few courses. I teach scuba so maybe I'll start trying to do that more too.

I live in Victoria, well Esquimalt really but the CFRC is Victoria. I know they will process army applicants obviously but do naval applications take precedence do you think? I doubt it, Im just curious.

Also, will CFRC be changed to CAFRC? Anyone?

CbtDvr13 said:
... I know they will process army applicants obviously but do naval applications take precedence do you think? I doubt it, Im just curious.

I'll let someone in Recruiting answer definitively. As far as I know, things are a first-come/first-served basis in terms of processing, but that is strictly an assumption based on what I've heard/read. 

UPDATE

Recruiting centre: CFRC Ottawa
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Artillery
Trade choice 2: Infantry
Trade choice 3: Armoured
Online Application Date: 27/03/13
Application Sent To North Bay: 09/04/13
First contact: 08/07/13
Dropped off Form: 09/07/13
Security Forms 330-60: 05/08/13
CFAT: 28/08/13
TSD: 28/08/13
Interview: 03/10/13
Medical: 03/10/13
Medical Clearance: 29/11/13
Merit Listed: WAITING
Position offered: Waiting
Enrollment/swearing in: Waiting
BMQ: Waiting

Yup, turns out I'm not Merit Listed after all.

Even though the NCM that was at the desk last week checked his computer, took 2 mins doing so, and said "Yup, you're Merit Listed, wait for a call."

Thanks for lying! :D

Really disheartened right now  :trainwreck:

Guess I'm no longer waiting for the call..

When I was merit listed it was an actual formal letter mailed to my address, not over the phone. I take it you did not receive that?

Edit: Sorry to hear that though :(

Matt_k said:
When I was merit listed it was an actual formal letter mailed to my address, not over the phone. I take it you did not receive that?

Not everybody does. In my entire application process, I didn't receive any communication by mail, so each case is different. Just mean to say if you don't receive something in the mail, don't freak out. SMG, sorry to hear they got your hopes up, hang in there!

SMG said:
UPDATE

Recruiting centre: CFRC Ottawa
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Artillery
Trade choice 2: Infantry
Trade choice 3: Armoured
Online Application Date: 27/03/13
Application Sent To North Bay: 09/04/13
First contact: 08/07/13
Dropped off Form: 09/07/13
Security Forms 330-60: 05/08/13
CFAT: 28/08/13
TSD: 28/08/13
Interview: 03/10/13
Medical: 03/10/13
Medical Clearance: 29/11/13
Merit Listed: WAITING
Position offered: Waiting
Enrollment/swearing in: Waiting
BMQ: Waiting

Yup, turns out I'm not Merit Listed after all.

Even though the NCM that was at the desk last week checked his computer, took 2 mins doing so, and said "Yup, you're Merit Listed, wait for a call."

Thanks for lying! :D

Really disheartened right now  :trainwreck:

Guess I'm no longer waiting for the call..

Quit spamming the board and go have a beer.

Try relax FFS.

There is no "standard" on how an applicant is "told" they are Merit Listed.  Some of you receive letters in the mail (ask MedTech45 how that letter turned out) and some are told on the spot.

I will say it once again...........

If you have been told that you have been "Merit Listed", you need to call back about a week later to "confirm" that you have in fact been merit listed.  It's definitely not a simple process on the part of your CFRC, so in some cases, it can take a few days.

Call back and reconfirm, that all your processing requirements and obligations on your part have been met and that you are in fact Merit Listed!!!!

i found the best way to see how long you are in progress was to look online and log in to your GC key. It may not be updated but its a good start.

https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/l?ReqID=RA3A56948DB464F07BAC68880C8B448B945D7132A

I checked today and I'm not, but I was just annoyed. Yes I know it's not perfect, but why tell me I am when I'm not?

SMG said:
I checked today and I'm not, but I was just annoyed. Yes I know it's not perfect, but why tell me I am when I'm not?

Your definitely not the first person and probably won't be the last to have such an experience.

Now aren't you glad you took my previous advice?

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/112942/post-1274669.html#msg1274669

Yeah, I know. Just a bit of a let down is all. I'm alright now.

Worse things going on in my life unfortunately, tends to make smaller things a bigger deal.

SMG said:
Yeah, I know. Just a bit of a let down is all. I'm alright now.

Worse things going on in my life unfortunately, tends to make smaller things a bigger deal.

Don't feel too bad. I was told by the MCC who interviewed me the first time that I was "never going to make it" to where I am now--He all but told me to give up. So don't let things get you down. It could have been an honest mistake.

Back