• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What Happens if you miss the call for employment?

Checked the Map, yupp we exist, this must be a new step to see how long before you go crazy  :evil:

marinemech said:
Checked the Map, yupp we exist, this must be a new step to see how long before you go crazy  :evil:

Ya man, I don't know what is taking some CFRC's so long to start rolling out their calls. I have not seen anyone from CFRC Hamilton selected at all yet. Though I was told yesterday from CFRC Hamilton that most candidates that were merit listed with Hamilton were selected, with the exception of a few. So they haven't even started calling yet.

mrjasonc said:
Ya man, I don't know what is taking some CFRC's so long to start rolling out their calls. I have not seen anyone from CFRC Hamilton selected at all yet. Though I was told yesterday from CFRC Hamilton that most candidates that were merit listed with Hamilton were selected, with the exception of a few. So they haven't even started calling yet.

I was told by a recruiter in Kingston that there really busy and it might take as long as 2 weeks starting now for them to start going out!

May123 said:
I was told by a recruiter in Kingston that there really busy and it might take as long as 2 weeks starting now for them to start going out!

Now that makes no sense.  Two weeks from now and CFRC's will be heading into Christmas Block leave until early Jan, so that leaves them little if any time to process the paperwork required for enrolment, travel bookings, etc to get applicants to St Jean for the early BMQ's.

Nothing like leaving things until the very last minute...

DAA said:
Now that makes no sense.  Two weeks from now and CFRC's will be heading into Christmas Block leave until early Jan, so that leaves them little if any time to process the paperwork required for enrolment, travel bookings, etc to get applicants to St Jean for the early BMQ's.

Nothing like leaving things until the very last minute...

Tell me About it! Its been a few weeks now from the 21st! ah well, they must have there reasons!

Talking about having a heart attack every time the phone rings...

My husband has been calling me from the line on base, which shows up, 422-2000 - same as the recruiting centre, and messing with me. He's gonna get it if he keeps it up...

May123 said:
Tell me About it! Its been a few weeks now from the 21st! ah well, they must have there reasons!

It hasn't even been 2 yet! On a side note, its driving me crazy!

Congrats May, best of luck!

I talked to my file manager again, she told me that the reason that there is a longer wait is because of a lot of people have been selected and all have to be contacted. She is hoping that everything is complete by the end of this week.  She also told me, unofficially, that my BMQ would start the second week in January!

Steve94 said:
Congrats May, best of luck!

I talked to my file manager again, she told me that the reason that there is a longer wait is because of a lot of people have been selected and all have to be contacted. She is hoping that everything is complete by the end of this week.  She also told me, unofficially, that my BMQ would start the second week in January!
Thanks! Atleast it's unofficial instead of waiting to know!

That is my scenario as well. RC "unofficially" informed me of my selection as well. That was on Thursday and at that point was given the time frame of "today or tomorrow" should get the call. That being said here we sit Monday afternoon nearing 3:30 and nothing yet lol "hurry up and wait" are the only words that come to mind.

Same here JasonC, I am Hamilton as well I was told they would be starting to call this week.  I was also unofficially informed for Infantry.

I guess a lot of us merit listed through Hamilton were selected off the list. Pretty good ratio for Hamilton. I don't know the total but "only a few were not selected" is what I was told.

Which is probably why it is taking so long. Lots of paperwork, bookings, travel etc to get ready. I am also assuming a faulty photocopier could be the issue as well...

Back