• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

From a co-worker to myself "You drink 4-6 cups of coffee a day? Thats way to much to be healthy!"  I had to enlighten her that it contains essential vitimins like cafiene.

Bzzliteyr said:
It was yesterday and it was someone's facebook status in regards to the briefings that are taking place about the new field pay.  Please tell me it's not true. 

Not a pefect quote, I'm going by memory but it was something like:

"How can they say the Armour School is NOT a field unit by the MP det in Halifax IS?!?!?!"

Of course, it's not the comment that is stupid.  but that fact that if it IS true.. the military have officially lost their minds!!
If you have access to the DIN here is a link that says  what units are receiving the allowance:
http://hr.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dppd/allowance/engraph/clrdivera14a_e.asp?sidesection=3&sidecat=30

and 3 MP field unit is receiving it.

Lang75 said:
From a co-worker to myself "You drink 4-6 cups of coffee a day? Thats way to much to be healthy!"  I had to enlighten her that it contains essential vitimins like cafiene.

Caffeine is a vitamin?  Wow!  Should I ever be healthy.

"Side note...funny to see same said reservists coming to unit deploying demanding respect for rank.."

Uttered right here on these very boards.

PMedMoe said:
Not said but posted in a Buy & Sell:

Wood: Ready to burn.

That's kind of like Food: Ready to eat.  ;D

That's not silly at all... good firewood is ideally cut and allowed to dry before being burned... never lived outside the city have you? :)

Teeps74 said:
"Side note...funny to see same said reservists coming to unit deploying demanding respect for rank.."

Uttered right here on these very boards.

What's the whole story here?

Just a Sig Op said:
That's not silly at all... good firewood is ideally cut and allowed to dry before being burned... never lived outside the city have you? :)

No, I knew that, it just sounded funny, can I help what strikes me funny at certain times?  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xImHjReoqk
In short: An earthquake pattern shaped like a dagger (not) which points right through the US and Canada! Oh noes!! The author claims it's the work of scientific experiments (good thing governments always use symbolism to tip off conspiracists)....

Warning: You will not get the 4:41 minutes of your life back after watching the video..

EuroCanuck said:
Warning: You will not get the 4:41 minutes of your life back after watching the video..

Then I just ain't gonna watch it!  ;D

The only saving grace is that it took the originator much, much longer than 4:41 to develop and perfect the theory and then to make the video clip. Imagine what havoc he might have caused where he not perched in front of his computer in his mom's basement.

I started to watch the video, but then out of the corner of my eye, I saw a shiny object. Opps, got distracted. But I look at it this way, I spent 4:01 looking at a shiny nickle I didn't know I had! :D

Heard this last weekend, while working on a course at 4R22eR...candidate comes by the course office.

Candidate: do you know where Sgt XXXX is?
Me: He's running the range right now.
Candidate: &@#^!&@#^&@!#^*@&#**$@@!)*^ [inaudible due to 9mil fire 15 feet away, 4 Vandoo has an indoor range]
Me: Say again, I can't hear you over the shooting.
Candidate: I said, where can I find the range?

::)

A suggestion of sending me, a private that has been in battalion a whole 5 months, to do a bivouac recce by myself in Suffield.  Let's just say that it was an idea quickly shot down by myself.

My daughter (10)and I watching a commercial on TV.

Her: That doesn't look like very good soup.
Me:  That is because it's orange juice.
Her: Oh....

Kids, they are a pain in the a$$ occasionally interupted by moments of comedy.  ;D

Forgot to say it was an orange juice commercial!!!

Damn - I can't share the dumbest thing I heard today.  But let's just say I have a 13 year old.  That should speak for itself.

Back