• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

"If i didnt have the money to pay for my photo radar fines then i wouldnt speed now would I???"

:'(brings a tear to my eye even now

RTG :cdn:

Justin Bieber: 'I have ADD'

Bieber tells The Guardian magazine, "I only have to do three hours a day, which is good. I drift off. I definitely drift off. So I'm better one-on-one... I have a small case of ADD... If I don't understand something, and I'm bored, I don't pay attention.

"So my teacher has to really make it fun for me. Every hour he has to give me a five-to-10-minute break. But after the break I'll be back into it. I'll be good."

Asked if he has been officially diagnosed with the condition, Bieber replies: "No. It's self-claimed."

So not only is he a crappy singer, he's a crappy diagnostician, too.  ::)

Sounds like a typical teenager to me.

^
The crappy part is, now million's of his 'followers' will now claim they have ADD in school as well. I hate child celebrities.

MPwannabe said:
^
The crappy part is, now million's of his 'followers' will now claim they have ADD in school as well. I hate child celebrities.

Then you will love this  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhh2288zNVE

Not today, two nights ago.

Interview with a youngish man having chest pain (condensed version):

Me: What brings you to hospital?
He: I'm having chest pain and anxiety.
Me: What were you doing before you had chest pain?
He: 1.5 gm cocaine.
Me: You realize that it's doing what it's supposed to then?
He: I thought it would just make me high.

...followed by a bunch more sarcastic retorts from me.

Later:

He: Can I leave now?
Me: Not yet, I have to be certain you're not going to die.
He: But I have to let my babysitter go home.
Me: Dieing is a pretty bad outcome. I think the babysitter can wait.
He: I don't care, I'm going.

...and out he went.

mariomike said:
Then you will love this  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhh2288zNVE

That's awesome. Here's one for you. It's Alanis Morissette doing 'My Humps' by Fergie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRmYfVCH2UA

ModlrMike said:
He: I don't care, I'm going.

...and out he went.

15 minutes later a concerned citizen(s) calls 9-1-1 ( again? )
S/he says, don't take me back to XXX Hospital. I would not take a dying dog there. Take me somewhere else, this time."

Too bad for him we have centralized health info and his previous visits pop up when he registers and the new ER.

ModlrMike said:
Too bad for him we have centralized health info and his previous visits pop up when he registers and the new ER.

Everything is electronic now. System Control, fish finders AVL, CTAS, Modat, black boxes, SSM, AMPDS, SIREN ( Simulation for Improved Response for Emergency Networks ) , UhE, and Tritech visiCAD. Hospital Destination Coordinators. Even the paperwork went electronic. ePCR they call it. All in the name of progress. 

The downtown ERs had a passage near the triage nurse unofficially known as "skid row" or, "the hall of shame".
Nurse: "Sir, you say you've been snorting cocaine for three days and now you feel your heart is beating too fast and you would like us to help you. To tell the truth, I don't see why I should. If I'm mistaken, correct me. Did we sell you the cocaine? Did we push it up your nose?"

Usually with guys like that, the nurse would point at the door and say to us, "Don't take another step. We're on diversion. Can't accept any more patients. Your dispatcher should have told you."  Even if you picked him up around the corner.
We were used to alcoholics, but when the cocaine overdoses came, it was overwelming.
We would have preferred to bring our nurses nice, clean, sober, non-violent, sane, solid citizens, but ...

Speaking of alcoholics, one night we took one of our favorite frequent flyers into Toronto Western. He used to tell us stories about all the places he had been in the Merchant Marine. Everybody liked him. One night, presumably drunk, he staggered onto Bathurst St. and was killed - by a drunk driver. We took him into TWH for the last time. Most of the nurses started crying. That was something you did not see very often.

Wikipedia - your friend or your enemy.
Or plagarism at its worst - did they at least change the names on the first slide?

Here's my nomination:

Anyone who thinks we need to return to "work dress" or "garrison dress".  :rage:

Jim, you're probably refering to this.  (First pic on the page.)

I kinda liked our work dress.  (Last pic on page.)

Last line from the first link:
Unlike Combat boots, Garrison Dress boots were intended to be polished.
  :rofl:

Foxhound said:
Jim, you're probably refering to this.  (First pic on the page.)

I kinda liked our work dress.  (Last pic on page.)

Last line from the first link:  :rofl:
Your "work dress" was OK.

In line units "work dress" meant "parade dress".

Jim Seggie said:
In line units "work dress" meant "parade dress".

Yup, know exactly what you mean.  We were never allowed to actually work while wearing "work dress"  Had to change in to combats for that.  (Then we'd have a parade.)  ;D

Foxhound said:
Yup, know exactly what you mean.  We were never allowed to actually work while wearing "work dress"  Had to change in to combats for that.  (Then we'd have a parade.)  ;D

Yes the good old days....weren't that good.

Not an unusual question in a Res Troop that had 5 of 6 pers in a patrol all with the same last name....!

Back