• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the Dumbest Thing You've SEEN Today?

WOW!  Like a Darwin Award summer camp outing.  :facepalm:

PMedMoe said:
What's with the sign on the bar door: "No sleeveless or white t-shirts for men."  ???

I didn't watch the video, but it seems to be the dress code at some places:

All hats worn forward.
No brimless headgear (bandanas, skullcaps, etc).
No athletic jerseys (except football events).
No long T-shirts hanging below pant pockets.
No extra-long shorts below the bottom of the calf.
No excessively long collared/button-up shirts
No offensive, vulgar and/or inappropriate clothing.
No excessively ripped or torn clothing.
No white sleeveless undershirts.
No thong suits.
No motorcycle colors
Pants & shorts must be worn around the waist
No glowsticks or laser pointers

Effective at 6pm upon entry:
Shirt and shoes must be worn.
No sleeveless shirts on men.
No plain white t-shirts (must have pocket or logo).
No sunglasses after dark.

"Bars with "No White T Shirt" policy?":
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=611979

http://www.tbd.com/blogs/tbd-arts/2010/10/why-have-so-many-d-c-area-nightclubs-banned-the-classic-white-tee--2921.html

What is the freaking mystery about traffic circles that people just can't figure out...??

I got yelled at by some guy because he thought I should be yielding to him...sir...the traffic circle only goes one way...if you aren't yielding to me, to whom may I ask do you think you should be yielding to?

Walking into Wal-Mart yesterday, and on the right hand side of the doors is a large cage of full barbecue propane tanks.  Parked in front of it is a 5 tonne truck with a full load of propane tanks.

What's the problem?

The truck guys were doing work.....cutting metal barrier posts (BETWEEN THE CAGE AND FULLY LOADED TRUCK) off with a 7" wheel, sending sparks underneath the truck far enough to be coming out the other side.  I went in and mentioned it to the store managers (both of them were together), and they hurried outside.

I was less than pleasantly surprised to see that the work was still in progress when I came out of the store. 

PMedMoe said:
What's with the sign on the bar door: "No sleeveless or white t-shirts for men."  ???

My favourite bar rule of all time has to be at an Albertan bar, sign on edge of dance floor "no spitting on dance floor".  Must have been impressing the ladies too much I guess.  If they won't kiss you because you have a mouth full of chew, spitting at their feet will surely drive them wild.

Dumbasses!!  :facepalm:  Photos and video at link.  Mind you, my Dad said they used German Teller mines to fish with in Italy.  He said it worked well.

When grenade fishing goes terribly, terribly wrong

Two fishermen in Russia are knocked over by the blast as a hand grenade they were using to catch fish explodes too early
The grenade fishing attempt was filmed and has been posted online
There has been more than 100,000 views of the video

By Alex Ward
PUBLISHED: 13:04 GMT, 31 July 2012 | UPDATED: 13:08 GMT, 31 July 2012

‘Gone fishing’ is a phrase usually associated with a quiet afternoon out on the water, fishing rod in hand, pondering the world.  But these fishermen decided to forget rod and reel, opting for much more heavy-duty bait, a hand grenade.  The stupid men are lucky to be alive after their attempt at catching fish in Russia.

The hand grenade, which one of them dropped from their inflatable boat, exploded early just as it hit the water knocking the men over and equipment flying into the water.  The explosion did not destroy the boat but the men remain still, stunned by the premature blast but seemed able to get up a few moments afterward.  The video, filmed presumably from a nearby boat, captured the moments as their hand grenade fishing went horribly wrong.  Website LiveLeak.com posted the video online on Monday and it has already been watched more than 100,000 times and another 10,000 on YouTube.

A LiveLeak staffer said: 'It seems like a shot from a movie went horribly wrong.'  Someone commented: 'Hillbilly handfishin' russian style!'  Another said: 'I can see safety is of no concern.'  A YouTube user said: 'Guess for dinner they're having salmon... Smoked.'  Hand grenades are a common, but environmentally catastrophic, way of catching fish in some parts of the world.  The explosives are usually detonated underwater allowing the fisherman to collect the dead fish as they float to the surface.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2181552/When-grenade-fishing-goes-terribly-terribly-wrong.html#ixzz22D1JKUbQ

Some behaviors by the public during a trip to the zoo;

1. Passenger in the vehicle in front of me throwing a cigarette butt out the window which landed on my hood (Drove up beside them rolled down my window and gave them a nice shouting at).

2. When traffic needs to merge to the right a$$holes zip up the lane on the left just to pass 20 cars and try to get ahead. (I love when transports block people from doing this on purpose. Yup that;s why I pulled out in front of you blocking both lanes)

3. Smoking in public areas when there are kids around.

4. People thinking they're cool because they're making it obvious that you are smoking beside a no smoking sign.T

5. Throwing cigarette buts on the ground- real classy.

6. People in a crowd of 5 or 6 ALL walking beside each other taking up the whole path. Really? you need to walk around like you're in a gang from the 50s?

7. People walking and texting on cellphones. Yup that's why you're bumping into kids, strollers corners and everything else, stupid.

8. Swearing in public. If you're so dumb that you can't have a conversation without swearing like a jerry springer episode maybe you should just shut up. Speaking of shutting up no one wants to hear about your facebook drama and who's sleeping with who when they are out with their families.

9. Guests of Canada, or possibly new Canadians. We have markets here. They're not the same kind of markets you may be used to.  Don't try and haggle the price of your news papers and sandwich with the gas bar attendant. Pay the price and move along.

10. People not carrying any change and paying for a $2.49 redbull or a pack of gum at $1.49 with a debit card. Why don't you go get a 0.10 timbit at timhortons with your mastercard while you're at it.

ObedientiaZelum said:

1. Passenger in the vehicle in front of me throwing a cigarette butt out the window which landed on my hood (Drove up beside them rolled down my window and gave them a nice shouting at).

2. When traffic needs to merge to the right a$$holes zip up the lane on the left just to pass 20 cars and try to get ahead. (I love when transports block people from doing this on purpose. Yup that;s why I pulled out in front of you blocking both lanes)

4. People thinking they're cool because they're making it obvious that you are smoking beside a no smoking sign.T

6. People in a crowd of 5 or 6 ALL walking beside each other taking up the whole path. Really? you need to walk around like you're in a gang from the 50s?

7. People walking and texting on cellphones. Yup that's why you're bumping into kids, strollers corners and everything else, stupid.

8. Swearing in public. If you're so dumb that you can't have a conversation without swearing like a jerry springer episode maybe you should just shut up. Speaking of shutting up no one wants to hear about your facebook drama and who's sleeping with who when they are out with their families.

9. Guests of Canada, or possibly new Canadians. We have markets here. They're not the same kind of markets you may be used to.  Don't try and haggle the price of your news papers and sandwich with the gas bar attendant. Pay the price and move along.

10. People not carrying any change and paying for a $2.49 redbull or a pack of gum at $1.49 with a debit card. Why don't you go get a 0.10 timbit at timhortons with your mastercard while you're at it.

I got mugged on the Canada Line sky-train in Richmond BC just a few months ago. He managed to steal all my IDs, Mcard, my bus fare home, and my rent money for the month. I now refuse to carry anything in my wallet except my PAL and my debit card.

Smoking in Non-Smoking Zones, marked with bright massive signs grinds my gears to an unbelievable extent - and I have to deal with it at a hospital of all places where people smoke right in front of the doors and air intakes, next to the signs.

Smoking is not illegal...until it does become so, then hospitals, etc. need to provide an area that does not conflict. This "making it difficult" reasoning is just a mockery....

GAP said:
Smoking is not illegal...until it does become so, then hospitals, etc. need to provide an area that does not conflict. This "making it difficult" reasoning is just a mockery....

There are bylaws in place and the Fraser Health Authority has a Smoke-Free Property policy. It is a $250 fine for smoking withing 7.5 metres of any door, public accessway, air intake etc. People here have ZERO respect for others and regard for human health. It has even shown in my own health, I'm being affected by it and I'm not very happy about it because FHA isn't helping me, Surrey Bylaw won't do anything and WCB says it's negligible.

You either smoke when you're discharged away from the hospital, or you go smoke on the sidewalk next to the avenue - NOT in front of my doors. Surrey Bylaw doesn't come around enough... Not even sure they're the ones that handle it anymore as BC's WCB agency contacted me about the mass amount of complaints about smoking violations (something far beyond my control).

GAP said:

I would generally agree, and my hospital has done so. It just hasn't reduced the number of people who smoke right outside the door while leaning on the no smoking sign.

ObedientiaZelum said:

Welcome to Quebec. Where signs and laws are really just a suggestion. Where individualism takes precendent over the overall good of everyone. Where following rules and being civil will just get you laughed at for being dumb enough to follow said rules... /sigh can't wait to leave this place.

ModlrMike said:
I would generally agree, and my hospital has done so. It just hasn't reduced the number of people who smoke right outside the door while leaning on the no smoking sign.

Then those ones need to be harrassed/fined/whatever. If they are going to make the effort to accomadate you, you need to do the same.

ObedientiaZelum said:

You would not like living in certain jurisdictions in the US where, as you lose a lane for highway construction they have signs commanding you to maintain your lane to the merge point.

Even though they warn you of the upcoming merge in plenty of time to safely merge prior to, they encourage the deadlock that occurs when the a-holes at the merge point figure they have the ROW rather than develop the 1 on 1 merge it's supposed to be.

::)
This may not be the dumbest thing I heard today, but it sure takes the cake for the
DUMBEST THING I SAW TODAY !!!

Choose one...gone fishing....russian training exercise..... or just some extreme idiots !!! on a boat !!! 
What an arsehole.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=russian+on+boat+drop+grenade&oq=russian+on+boat+drop+grenade&gs_l=youtube-reduced.12...386.10263.0.19591.26.22.0.4.4.0.520.2902.10j11j5-1.22.0...0.0...1ac.FC4gADfy1W4

...and shared with the usual Copyright provisions.

Back